NN6 and Nikkor 14-24mm Mounting Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NN6 and Nikkor 14-24mm Mounting Issue

I just received the NN6 Starter Pkg and am trying to mount a Nikon and 14-24mm lens onto it. Unfortunately, in order to align the entrance pupil (at 17mm) to the center line of the nodal point, the built-in lens hood needs to sit on top of the upper horizontal arm (see photo). This throws the perpendicular of the camera and lens off.

Is there some sort of spacer available for the camera plate mount on the NN6 so that the camera body can be raised a bit higher off the upper horizontal arm? OR is there a better solution? Thanks!
    Top view, looking down at the upper horizontal arm and camera mount.

You can use Arca compatible QR system to increase the clearance.
    Our F9131 will work.
    http://shop.nodalninja.com/arca-comp...l-clamp-f9131/
    You can also mount a lever QR clamp on the camera mounting plate.
    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Thank you Nick!

Comment

I recently received my NN6 and am having the same problem with my Sony a7Riii and Canon 8-15 Fisheye (+Metabones) and Sony 24-240 lenses. The hoods or caps of both lenses hit the end of the horizontal rail and can't be put on or removed while the camera is mounted. I've seen two different Arca clamps mentioned in the forum -- the F9131 mentioned here as well as the F9130. Which one would I need to solve this? Is there anything else I would need? Thank you.

Comment

Bill Bailey

Comment

nick fan

Comment

most Arca camera plates have dovetail along the width of camera, so Right Angle Dual Clamp is needed.
              http://shop.nodalninja.com/arca-comp...l-clamp-f9131/.
              Fanotec
              We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Working...
              X