Coming soon: NN6 and RD10 Advanced Rotator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming soon: NN6 and RD10 Advanced Rotator

Here at Fanotec, we have been researching very hard a pano head design that works well both as a manual head and a robotic head. We changed the design many times as the robotic head evolved in the past 2 years. Finally we settled on this design of Nodal Ninja 6.
    http://shop.nodalninja.com/products/nn6-rd10-1-f6001
    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Every year Fanotec releases new products and 2016 will see the birth of a new panoramic tripod head - the NN6 w/RD10. A design resulting from 11 years of experience in panoramic tripod head design.

Announcing Nodal Ninja 6 with RD10 Advanced Rotator

Fanotec is now pushing the envelope by incorporating robotic components to the design. A range of products developed from the ground up together with the robotic developments will replace some of the legacy products. Nodal Ninja 6 (NN6) is the successor to Nodal Ninja 4 and Nodal Ninja 5, and is the first model that is compatible with the coming motorized rotator, capable of transforming into a 2-axis fully automatic pan/ tilt head with diverse functions.
    Available with NEW Advanced "RD10" rotator.

Introductory Offer $379.95 (expires Oct 30th)
    Available mid to late September - accepting pre-orders now.
    Buy now and receive FREE NN6 Quick Release Nadir Adapter Upgrade (shown above) - a $49.95 value!

To read more about the NN6 and the RD10 rotator and for pre-order - click here

Comment

I just received my NN6, as an upgrade to my trusted NN3, which now is dedicated to a smaller camera and lens. The NN6 is very nice, but I have a question someone could answer.

The connection between the vertical arm assembly and the Quick Release Nadir Adapter is wobbly. (See attached photo showing the location) Seems like it should be correctable by tightening some screws, but how do I get to them? The screw underneath the Quick Release Nadir Adapter seems to only function as a stop. There is a plastic plate that contacts the horizontal arm. Can that be removed? Are the screws that I need to tighten under that plate?

So far the NN6 with RD10 rotator seems like a terrific step up from the NN3. I am very please with the head, except for this problem.

Robert Rose
      Robert Rose
      Barking Deer Photography
      www.barkingdeerphotography.com
      www.robertrose.photos
      www.rosepatents.com

Comment

With the help of Nick Fan and the folks at Nodal Ninja, here is the solution if you have a loose connection between the Nadir Adapter and the vertical rail. There are two screws that you need to tighten, and that solves the problem.

(1) The location of the screws are inside the two holes shown above the centerline in the attached photo. If you want to peek into the holes you will need some sort of flashlight.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screws Nadir Adapter.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	725.9 KB
ID:	28455

(2) You will need a 3mm hex key. SAE sizes will not work. If you don't find one in your plastic bags, then hop over to your favorite hardware store and pick up a metric hex key set that includes 3mm. Got mine for $4.99. I never pass up the chance to buy a tool.

(3) THIS NEXT POINT IS CRITICAL. From the first attached photo you can see that the two holes for the screws are off the center line which means that unless the Nadir Adapter is rotated to the correct orientation the hex key can’'t reach the screws. The “correct” orientation is found when the marking on the arm “FANOTEC/Nodal Ninja” is facing the observer and the tightening knob is on the left. See second photo attached

Click image for larger version

Name:	Orientation.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	769.4 KB
ID:	28458
        Attached Files
        Robert Rose
        Barking Deer Photography
        www.robertrose.photos
        www.rosepatents.com

Comment

Hi Robert,

Sorry for the issue. It is now fixed in later batches.
          Actually, there is a 3mm hex key in the package.

Nick
          Fanotec
          We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Thank you. I figured that out, but as I mentioned, I never pass up the chance to buy a tool. I really love the NN6, and the two most appreciated advances over the NN3 are the RD10 rotator and the click stops on the upper arm. I am building a Flickr album of panos made with the NN6: https://flic.kr/s/aHskE5cHEG

Robert Rose
            Robert Rose
            Barking Deer Photography
            www.robertrose.photos
            www.rosepatents.com

Comment

Working...
            X