Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attaching a strob to the NN5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Attaching a strob to the NN5

    Hi All,
    I now have a Kadian head, but I really want a NN5. The only thing stopping me is I shoot a lot of real estate, and really need to use a strobe off camera. The Kadian allows me to do this. Is there anyone out there that uses an off camera flash? If so how do you attach it?
    Really appreciate any input on this subject.
    Thanks,

    Al

  • #2
    Re: Attaching a strob to the NN5

    Originally posted by AL View Post
    Hi All,
    I now have a Kadian head, but I really want a NN5. The only thing stopping me is I shoot a lot of real estate, and really need to use a strobe off camera. The Kadian allows me to do this.
    what kind of strobe? How Kaidan allow you to do that? We can make accessory to achieve that.


    Nick
    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Attaching a strob to the NN5

      Here is a photo of my present setup.

      http://al-r.smugmug.com/photos/506590481_FUuda-L.jpg

      The bracket I use can be customize just about any way.

      Thanks,

      Al

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Attaching a strob to the NN5

        Ops, I forgot the disc.

        The blue arrows show two screw holes to attach anything you want. The red arrows show the bracket to hold the flash. The yellow arrow shows the std. bracket from Kadian to hold the camera. Green is the rotate arm.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Attaching a strob to the NN5

          Originally posted by AL View Post
          Here is a photo of my present setup.

          http://al-r.smugmug.com/photos/506590481_FUuda-L.jpg

          The bracket I use can be customize just about any way.

          Thanks,

          Al
          I see you have a Wimberley flash bracket. It has Arca Swiss compatible clamp. It should be easy to fix a Arca Swiss compatible plate on the upper rail of NN5. Then you can mount the flash bracket on the upper rail.
          Maybe we can make a simple adapter for your purpose as well. What lens and camera do you plan to use?
          How do you use the flash? I have only heard one or two customers using flash for panos.

          Nick
          Fanotec
          We listen. We try harder.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Attaching a strob to the NN5

            I use an Olympus E-510 body with an Olympus 11mm - 22mm lens and a Olympus FL-36 flash. I use flash on nearly every in home tour I do. If you like you can see some examples here:

            http://www.alsphotoservice.com/

            Thanks for your help.
            Al

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Attaching a strob to the NN5

              I have been following this thread and I am not sure why you feel the need to use flash. It introduces rather more problems than it solves.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Attaching a strob to the NN5

                I would love to shoot without a flash, but I find a lot of problems when i do. Blown out windows, grain, when i up the ISO, and dark corners, just to mention a few.
                I am open to any suggestions anyone would care to offer.

                Most of the interiors I shoot are quite dark.

                Al

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Attaching a strob to the NN5

                  Originally posted by AL View Post
                  I would love to shoot without a flash, but I find a lot of problems when i do. Blown out windows, grain, when i up the ISO, and dark corners, just to mention a few.
                  I am open to any suggestions anyone would care to offer.

                  Most of the interiors I shoot are quite dark.

                  Al
                  Since the scene is static, you can use longer exposure without cranking up the iso. ISO 400 on E-510 should be quite clean.
                  Anyway, you can mount a thin Arca Swiss compatible plate on NN5 for you to mount a flash bracket. I will try to make a simple adapter for your purpose.


                  Nick
                  Fanotec
                  We listen. We try harder.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Attaching a strob to the NN5

                    Wow, thaks Nick.
                    That would be GREAT!
                    Keep me updated. I don't think I have ever gotten this kind of service from any company.

                    Thanks again,
                    Al

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X