Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camera plate attachment screw/knob retainer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Camera plate attachment screw/knob retainer?

    Hi

    I recently bought a NN5/RD16. The screw/knob on the upper rail easily drops out when the camera is not attached. According to this review - http://www.tawbaware.com/nn5_review2.html - there should be an 'o'-ring to prevent this. My screw has a small rubber washer, but it is not large enough to prevent the screw falling out. Any ideas?

  • #2
    Elliot, there should be a plastic bag with washers and O-rings delivered with the NN5. Now we use one of the plastic washers set on the screw when it is placed on the rail. This will fix it to the rail.

    Heinz

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by elliot_n View Post
      Hi

      I recently bought a NN5/RD16. The screw/knob on the upper rail easily drops out when the camera is not attached. According to this review - http://www.tawbaware.com/nn5_review2.html - there should be an 'o'-ring to prevent this. My screw has a small rubber washer, but it is not large enough to prevent the screw falling out. Any ideas?
      At which position does the knob fall out? the end of upper rail? If that is the case, you should keep the upper rail inclined downwards. Or attached the stop plate at the back of upper rail.

      Nick
      Fanotec
      We listen. We try harder.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by elliot_n View Post
        The screw/knob on the upper rail easily drops out when the camera is not attached.
        How are you getting on with the quick release system for the Manfrotto plates? If you've got that clamp connected then of course theres no need to unscrew it from the upper arm so the screw/knob on the upper rail will never become unattached.

        Do you need me to ship you another packet of spare washers etc?.
        Badders

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by nick fan View Post
          At which position does the knob fall out? the end of upper rail? If that is the case, you should keep the upper rail inclined downwards. Or attached the stop plate at the back of upper rail.

          Nick
          Yes, at the end of the upper rail. The knob on the lower rail is held captive by the small rubber washer. On the upper rail, the hole is bigger, and the rubber washer isn't large enough to stop the knob dropping out. I'll attach a stop plate there - that will fix the problem.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by badders View Post
            How are you getting on with the quick release system for the Manfrotto plates?

            Hi Andrew. I can't use the QR system at the moment, as it isn't configured correctly for the upper rail settings I need to use (between 50mm and 80mm). I need to flip the back plate 180 degrees. But I don't have the right allen key - the three that came with the NN5 don't fit. I need some allen keys anyway, so I'll pick up a set at a local hardware shop.

            Comment

            Working...
            X