Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with dust in advanced rotator RD16-II

Hi, i´m new in the forum.

Last week i was travelling taking some 360 photos with my advanced rotator RD16-II. When i was on the beach the rotator was filled with sand.

Somebody can tell me how to disarm the rotator to clean it?

I appreciate your help.

Originally posted by Coronado Sebastian View Post
    Last week i was travelling taking some 360 photos with my advanced rotator RD16-II. When i was on the beach the rotator was filled with sand. Somebody can tell me how to disarm the rotator to clean it?
    appreciate your help.
    First thing is to carefully remove all the knobs, then with a big Hex key unscrew the big screw that is underneath in the hole (it's very tighten), Then you should be able to separate upper and lower part of rotator and clean it completely to remove all dusts and grease (you can do it under clean tap water) then fully dry it, but some greases everywhere on both parts before putting them back together and screw the whole thing.
    If you don't have grease for it (it might be included with the extra screws of your panoramic head) and the hex key you can ask your local reseller who should be able to supply you these parts. You can also ask him if he offers service for cleaning rotators !
    Retired Nodal Ninja Distributor
    Blog: http://www.skivr.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vincèn View Post
      First thing is to carefully remove all the knobs, then with a big Hex key unscrew the big screw that is underneath in the hole (it's very tighten), Then you should be able to separate upper and lower part of rotator and clean it completely to remove all dusts and grease (you can do it under clean tap water) then fully dry it, but some greases everywhere on both parts before putting them back together and screw the whole thing.
      If you don't have grease for it (it might be included with the extra screws of your panoramic head) and the hex key you can ask your local reseller who should be able to supply you these parts. You can also ask him if he offers service for cleaning rotators !

Thanks for your help, now i ll try to clean it.

Comment

Originally posted by Coronado Sebastian View Post
        Thanks for your help, now i ll try to clean it.
        Just be careful not to notate at all the rotator (as sand inside will damage it quickly).
        Retired Nodal Ninja Distributor
        Blog: http://www.skivr.com

Comment

check your pm for a private video.
          Fanotec
          We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Working...
          X