Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NN4 with Nikon D850 and 14-24mm - Nadir view off center

Hi,

I have been testing the NN4 with my D850 and the 14-24mm lens. I have done the usual setup and found the Nodal point at 14mm etc. When I put the lens pointing directly down in the Nadir position the center point is slightly off to the left as I look either through the viewfinder or through Live-view. When I take two shots both at 180 degrees rotation, the center is shifted off and I cannot seem to rectify it. It is the same with other lenses, as I checked in case it was the lens itself. Is there something I need to do to correct this?

I also use the RD16 II and the EZ Leveler.

Your photo indicates that the entrance pupil of the lens is offset from the vertical axis of rotation of the head in a direction at right angles to the lower rail. You might be able to correct this by rotating the camera slightly on its mount to the upper rail. However, this simple adjustment might be prevented by an anti-twist feature.

John

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have the anti-twist plate attached also which I assumed would set the lens entrance pupil dead centre along the lower rail. I have several extra cp1 and cp2 plates so if I was to slightly twist the plate to centre correctly, would that then put the nodal point out when the camera is returned to the normal horizontal configuration?

Comment

Twisting the camera slightly will make no difference to the other two adjustments (lower rail and upper rail).

John

Comment

Working...
        X