Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to use the new Gitzo quick release system witn NN3 MKII

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How to use the new Gitzo quick release system witn NN3 MKII

    I am using a Gitzo GH1780QR plate on my Canon 350D so I can quickly put the camera on a Gitzo GH1780QR ball head.
    www.bogenimaging.us/code/bius/GH1780QR

    What do I use on the vertical rail of the NN3 so I can quicly connect the camera to the vertical rail?


  • #2
    Re: How to use the new Gitzo quick release system witn NN3 MKII

    Originally posted by mchang View Post
    I am using a Gitzo GH1780QR plate on my Canon 350D so I can quickly put the camera on a Gitzo GH1780QR ball head.
    www.bogenimaging.us/code/bius/GH1780QR

    What do I use on the vertical rail of the NN3 so I can quicly connect the camera to the vertical rail?

    next week, we will have our QR shipping. It works for Gitzo and Manfrotto plates.


    Nick
    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: How to use the new Gitzo quick release system witn NN3 MKII

      Great!
      Can you post a reply here when you have the QRs in the web shop?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: How to use the new Gitzo quick release system witn NN3 MKII

        Originally posted by mchang View Post
        Great!
        Can you post a reply here when you have the QRs in the web shop?
        Yes we will certainly post notice - keep your eye in the "news box" above and we will also post notice on our website front page in the latest news section (top center home page).
        thx Bill

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: How to use the new Gitzo quick release system witn NN3 MKII

          Any news on the quick release plates for NN3?
          I saw new ones for NN5 but they are not compatible with NN3?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: How to use the new Gitzo quick release system witn NN3 MKII

            Originally posted by mchang View Post
            Any news on the quick release plates for NN3?
            I saw new ones for NN5 but they are not compatible with NN3?
            The QRC2 works with NN3 but its handle may hinder full rotation for zenith shot. what lens do you use?


            nick
            Fanotec
            We listen. We try harder.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: How to use the new Gitzo quick release system witn NN3 MKII

              I am using a canon 350D with one of these:
              Canon 17-55 MM f2.8 IS (including lenshood if possible)
              Canon 18-55mm standard lens

              Marc

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: How to use the new Gitzo quick release system witn NN3 MKII

                Originally posted by mchang View Post
                I am using a canon 350D with one of these:
                Canon 17-55 MM f2.8 IS (including lenshood if possible)
                Canon 18-55mm standard lens

                Marc
                they should work. Just bear in mind you can do full rotation to 90 deg up.
                Order one for trial. If it doesn't work, let me know and send it back for refund.


                Nick
                Fanotec
                We listen. We try harder.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: How to use the new Gitzo quick release system witn NN3 MKII

                  Nick,

                  I live in Holland so I was planning on buying it at www.cameranu.nl
                  Cannot find the right part though, because the part codes seem to be different.
                  Are we talking about this?
                  http://www.cameranu.nl/artikel/38733...tem_QRS2_.html
                  According to the Dutch text only suitable for NN5.

                  They have also
                  http://www.cameranu.nl/artikel/10655...p_ASQRC1_.html

                  But I am afraid it will not work with my Gitzo GH1780QR plate I am using
                  http://tinyurl.com/82r79r

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: How to use the new Gitzo quick release system witn NN3 MKII

                    Originally posted by mchang View Post
                    I live in Holland so I was planning on buying it at www.cameranu.nl
                    Cannot find the right part though, because the part codes seem to be different.
                    Are we talking about this?
                    http://www.cameranu.nl/artikel/38733...tem_QRS2_.html
                    According to the Dutch text only suitable for NN5.

                    Hmm, I need to ask cameranu to update the code. The clamp is not Arca Swiss compatible. Yes, that is what I am referring to. It should work for NN3 if full rotation is not needed. For many wide angle lens, a tilt >70 deg is enough to close the zenith. No 90 deg zenith shot needed.
                    Ask them if you can buy the clamp alone. If it doen't work, return it and I will reimburse your shipping cost. ;-)



                    Nick


                    Fanotec
                    We listen. We try harder.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: How to use the new Gitzo quick release system witn NN3 MKII

                      Nick,

                      Will contact cameranu.
                      Thanks for the offer for reimbursing shipping costs. No need, I will take the risk

                      I don't need zenith shots at the moment.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: How to use the new Gitzo quick release system witn NN3 MKII

                        Hello Nick,

                        I asked cameranu to check if my Gitzo plate fits on the QRS2.
                        They reported back they are not satisfied with the fit. They do not recommend to use the QRS2 in combination with the Gitzo plate coming with GH1780QR.

                        Do you have any other suggestions how to use the Gitzo quick release system with the NN3?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: How to use the new Gitzo quick release system witn NN3 MKII

                          Hi Mark,

                          might be helpful to send the measurements of your gitzo plate to Nick. If it should be smaller in width for example, it might help you to add a piece of metal to the fixing bracket of the QRS2 to get a better fixation. did they tell you why the plate does not fit so good?

                          I use my camera without a quick release plate and without ballheads etc directly to the NN5 and my Ease Leveller II directly fitted to the tripod. I like the camera to be as close to the stuff as possible cause of weight of larger lenses and too many parts that can move.

                          Might be i can asked some friends of the panocourses held in Amsterdam about what they use. If you are interested, send me an IM. I live in the netherlands too.

                          Heinz

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: How to use the new Gitzo quick release system witn NN3 MKII

                            Originally posted by mchang View Post
                            Hello Nick,

                            I asked cameranu to check if my Gitzo plate fits on the QRS2.
                            They reported back they are not satisfied with the fit. They do not recommend to use the QRS2 in combination with the Gitzo plate coming with GH1780QR.

                            Do you have any other suggestions how to use the Gitzo quick release system with the NN3?
                            I would find it hard to believe that Nick has not tested a Gitzo plate on this.
                            I use a Manfrotto one on mine and you get the necessary parts to change so that it fits properly.
                            Of course it fits differently than on a Manfrotto head, as they clamp quite different manner, but they fit just as firmly.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: How to use the new Gitzo quick release system witn NN3 MKII

                              Originally posted by mchang View Post
                              Hello Nick,

                              I asked cameranu to check if my Gitzo plate fits on the QRS2.
                              They reported back they are not satisfied with the fit. They do not recommend to use the QRS2 in combination with the Gitzo plate coming with GH1780QR.

                              Do you have any other suggestions how to use the Gitzo quick release system with the NN3?
                              Sorry, I only have the old G1173 QR plate
                              http://www.amazon.com/Gitzo-G1173-14.../dp/B00009R94D
                              It works. Not sure if Gitzo change the dimensions in the new plate. Can you take a photo of cross section of the plate using telephoto lens and measure the dimensions of your plate for me?
                              send the photos to fanotec"A T"gmail.com

                              Nick
                              Fanotec
                              We listen. We try harder.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X