Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Request modiffication of the NN3 mk2 standard rotator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Request modiffication of the NN3 mk2 standard rotator

    Ni Nick, shooting very good leveled photos might be of very much interest in very short time, is a bit of secrecy now, sorry for that, but the secret will be completelly unveiled by me in no more than a week :)

    In the mean time I'll appreciate to know if is posible to have a standard rotator for NN3 mk2 ( or mk3 if is will take some time) with spirit level in the middle of the rotator?

    I know there one on the lower rail and that can cause confussion and poses some problem if one wants to upgrade to the advanced rotators, but still I dare to ask as you'll see that is important. No more than a week, I promise :)

    Why in center, it can be seen through viewfinder, even with the lens at zoom in with no parallax, so the level can be fine tunned more convenient, also the off level due to the panohead rotation should be less and then much less confusion for the newbies remaining affordable in price..
    Wait ! too much leak! the secret is in danger :)

    thanks for providing the best affordable panohead,
    Dorin

  • #2
    no space for the bubble in the rotator.


    Nick
    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by DorinDXN View Post
      Ni Nick, shooting very good leveled photos might be of very much interest in very short time, is a bit of secrecy now, sorry for that, but the secret will be completelly unveiled by me in no more than a week :)

      In the mean time I'll appreciate to know if is posible to have a standard rotator for NN3 mk2 ( or mk3 if is will take some time) with spirit level in the middle of the rotator?

      I know there one on the lower rail and that can cause confussion and poses some problem if one wants to upgrade to the advanced rotators, but still I dare to ask as you'll see that is important. No more than a week, I promise :)

      Why in center, it can be seen through viewfinder, even with the lens at zoom in with no parallax, so the level can be fine tunned more convenient, also the off level due to the panohead rotation should be less and then much less confusion for the newbies remaining affordable in price..
      Wait ! too much leak! the secret is in danger :)

      thanks for providing the best affordable panohead,
      Dorin

      Your idea sounds good at first read, but it doesn't really add much functionality. A better idea is a way to see the bubble level from below. Maybe an upside down bubble level with a bubble of mercury or a small ball bearing instead of air so the bubble falls to the center instead of rising to the center. Then add a mirror so that when using a monopod, you can look up at the camera to see when it's level when the camera is above eye level.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by nick fan View Post
        no space for the bubble in the rotator.


        Nick
        I understand, no room for the bubble in the rotator

        thanks,
        Dorin

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DemonDuck View Post
          Your idea sounds good at first read, but it doesn't really add much functionality. A better idea is a way to see the bubble level from below. Maybe an upside down bubble level with a bubble of mercury or a small ball bearing instead of air so the bubble falls to the center instead of rising to the center. Then add a mirror so that when using a monopod, you can look up at the camera to see when it's level when the camera is above eye level.
          Hi Ken,
          No idea posted yet, only few leaks :)
          Will be of help to have a NN3 with a spirit level in the middle, there is a Kaiser adhesive spirit level also some magnetic, but reduces to much the room for zenith shot, and hotshoe spirit level, maybe that one.. and is about tripod with NN3 leveled as good as it gets, sure adhesive/magnetic with RD3-L rotator might be the way to go but adds $150 or so, adds also a very precise way of level adjusting which is great. But again these are leaks.
          The idea in few days. Thanks, no need to post more, I might not be able to read them until then.

          cheers,
          Dorin
          Last edited by DorinDXN; 08-17-2012, 11:01 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DorinDXN View Post
            No more than a week, I promise :)
            Hi all, as I promised to show something, I do, unfortunatelly was very windy, not suitable environment, I'll seek for another opportunity in a, say, indoor, very soon.
            Well.. the link

            www.livepanoramas.com/dorin/31c/31c.html

            the fullscreen doesn't work.
            there are couple of keys which does something, here is the list

            h, u, d, t, n, r,
            also you can dragg if you press the space barr, for more precise you can use numeric key pad
            8, 4, 6, 2, 7, 9

            If you really mess things up there, the reload should fix it anyway

            more interesting stuff will come.

            thanks for the visit,
            Dorin

            Comment


            • #7
              Hi Dorin,

              just tried your info on a mac using the keys you mentioned. But nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong? I can see full screen, move around by using the mouse and zoom in and out with the help of the mouse too. But none of the keys gets a reaction.

              So long,
              Heinz

              Btw just checked I have an older version of Adobe flash player: here is the update: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

              With the latest version fullscreen does not work with right mouse click , click to full screen.

              I get some rare reactions on other keys on the mac than you mentioned. I'll send you the results.
              Last edited by hindenhaag; 08-29-2012, 12:16 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Sorry Heinz, too little info about keys from my part,
                I explained bit more here

                http://www.panoguide.com/forums/galleries/10621/
                There is something with Adobe about fullscreen from right-click, they are working on the issue but not sure when or even if we'll have it back.
                However I don't use fullscreen on this as you can't input keys in fullscreen anyway (except few)

                thanks,
                Dorin

                Originally posted by hindenhaag View Post
                Hi Dorin,

                just tried your info on a mac using the keys you mentioned. But nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong? I can see full screen, move around by using the mouse and zoom in and out with the help of the mouse too. But none of the keys gets a reaction.

                So long,
                Heinz

                Btw just checked I have an older version of Adobe flash player: here is the update: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

                With the latest version fullscreen does not work with right mouse click , click to full screen.

                I get some rare reactions on other keys on the mac than you mentioned. I'll send you the results.

                Comment

                Working...
                X