D200 and NN3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D200 and NN3

Just received my NN. Easy assembly (still trying to work out what all the spare parts in the plastic bag are for!!).

A quick question - Am I doing something wrong or do other people have to detach and then reattach their cameras (Nikon D200) to do the zenith shot? With the Sigma 10-20 mm attached the hand grip on the camera hits the base when trying to rotate to 90 degrees (vertical). Its not a problem, I'm just interested to know.

First landscape shoot this weekend.

Pete

Re: D200 and NN3

yes, this is typical for your set up. The angle of view of sigma 10-20mm is wide enough to cover the zenith without a zenith shot.

nick
    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Re: D200 and NN3

Originally posted by bpmhutch View Post
      Just received my NN. Easy assembly (still trying to work out what all the spare parts in the plastic bag are for!!).
      A quick question - Am I doing something wrong or do other people have to detach and then reattach their cameras (Nikon D200) to do the zenith shot? With the Sigma 10-20 mm attached the hand grip on the camera hits the base when trying to rotate to 90 degrees (vertical). Its not a problem, I'm just interested to know.
      First landscape shoot this weekend.
      Pete
      Hey Pete, Spare parts are there should you every need them - better to have them than not.
      On shooting the zentih we tell folks:
      if doing full 360x180 spherical panos, this lens only allows for partial tilt up. To shoot the zenith (up shot) with this lens you will either need to move the camera/lens forward on the upper rail to allow for full rotation or simply shoot manually (as most do). You could also shoot two rows - one row to catch the zenith (top) and one row to catch the nadir (floor). For many this is not a big deal but thought I would share this.
      Keep us posted as you go - we would love to se some of your work.
      thanks
      Bill

Comment

Working...
      X