NN3 + Nikon D300 + Nikkor 12-24 f4 DX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NN3 + Nikon D300 + Nikkor 12-24 f4 DX

I would like to use this setup while I don¬Ąt get a 10.5.
    Is anybody using this configuration?
    I am not sure about entrance pupil distance for this lense. Could you share your settings?

Thanks in advance.

Re: NN3 + Nikon D300 + Nikkor 12-24 f4 DX

This table might help: http://www.swissarmyfork.com/lens_table_1.htm . The entrance pupil measurements are given for that lens relative to the sensor plane (marked on the camera by a small circle with a line through it).

John

Comment

From the value in the database, you would need to use T-adapter as extender for the upper rail. Also you won't be able to take a zenith shot on NN3. I would suggest you to get NN5 instead.

nick
      Fanotec
      We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Ok Nick, I am confused. I currently have a Nikon D70 and 12-24 Nikkor lens. Can I use the NN3? I intend to get a D300 and use the same lens, do I need a NN5$

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey Cooper View Post
          Ok Nick, I am confused. I currently have a Nikon D70 and 12-24 Nikkor lens. Can I use the NN3? I intend to get a D300 and use the same lens, do I need a NN5$
          if you are happy without zenith shot, NN3 will be fine. It is always recommended to get NN5 for cameras like D200/300 or Canon 5D.

nick
          Fanotec
          We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Originally posted by John Houghton View Post
            This table might help: http://www.swissarmyfork.com/lens_table_1.htm . The entrance pupil measurements are given for that lens relative to the sensor plane (marked on the camera by a small circle with a line through it).

John
            Thank you very much for the link, John. Really useful.

Carlos

Comment

Originally posted by nick fan View Post
              From the value in the database, you would need to use T-adapter as extender for the upper rail. Also you won't be able to take a zenith shot on NN3. I would suggest you to get NN5 instead.

nick
              Thank you, Nick.
              But I already ordered an received the NN3. So I¬Ąve deceided to go with Nikon 10,5mm 2.8 lens. I bought one today, and can¬Ąt wait to test it!

Regards
              Carlos

Comment

Working...
              X