X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Bailey
    started a topic New Pole System From Fanotec

New Pole System From Fanotec

If you are looking to take your panoramas (and general photography) to new heights take note.
    Here are some photos that give you an idea of the direction Nick at Fanotec is going with new pole designs. The poles were a big hit at the conference and brought a great deal of attention.

[flash]http://www.nodalninja.com/images/poles/poleFlash.swf[/flash]
    The 6 meter pole being extended to its full 6 meter length. I had a D300 with Samyang lens on an R1 sitting atop the 6 meter pole. The carbon fiber construction makes it very strong and lightweight. It is very easy for one person to raise and lower this pole.

The 6 meter pole can be separated yielding an inner 3 meter pole. Pictured above is the inner 3 meter pole shown next to the completed 6 meter pole. Once the pole is separated there is an adapter plate which mounts to base of 3 meter pole.

There are also smaller poles (2.4 meter) with 4 sections. They are standalone units which can be stacked together.
    Shown above 1 2.4 meter pole with 3 meter pole and 6 meter pole.

The Camera and R1 attaches very securely to the end of the poles

You can easily attach one of our advanced rotators (RD8 or RD16) to the base of the pole. This will allow you to "feel" the stops as you rotate the pole.
    The tripod is for display purposes only and not a product of Fanotec.

adapters for the quick release system and base cover which can be used if opting not to use rotator.

There is no pricing on the poles just yet but true to form they will be competitively priced. Hoping to have them available by late summer early fall.

Bill

• vazendak
    replied
    Are you going to be @ PDN PhotoPlus next weekend? If so will you have some poles for purchase? (i see that you will be shipping the day it starts)

Leave a comment:

• hindenhaag
    replied
    I decided for the Gitzo cause I like to have more weight at the foot of the construction. Second, it comes with a plate to directly place the rotator or monopod on top. It is the "power disk".
    Third, you can extend the legs and set them in three different positions. Lowest position gives a circle of 76cm, and you can easily place your foot on it to stabilize for longer poles.

But yes, you are right, it is heavier. Velbon 590gr max load 1.5kg. Gitzo 1,34 kg max load 18kg

Heinz

Btw: I suppose most of us once upon a time forgot to take off the lens cap. And using a pole, another good trick is to set the wireless remote control on top of the camera to "On" as well. Not the easiest job to raise and get the camera down again. I don't ask for doing it for nothing, cause I forgot these little things.
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 10-11-2010, 07:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Vincèn
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthBayPanos View Post
    ie: remove lens cap:001_unsure:
    it remembers me something

Leave a comment:

• NorthBayPanos
    replied
    The Gitzo sure looks like a good one. But kinda heavy no? As I recall the Velbon was robust enuf for a pole mount application used with common sense ie: remove lens cap:001_unsure:
    Thanx for the replys den

Leave a comment:

• Vincèn
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthBayPanos View Post
    Do you know what tripod was on the bottom of the pole in Az.? It's in the pix.
    As indicated by Heinz, it's Velbon Maxi Mini tripod
    Vincèn

Leave a comment:

• hindenhaag
    replied
    Hi,

I think it was one of these: http://www.velbon.co.uk/newvelbon/pa...amaximini.html

This is the one I use: http://www.gitzo.com/product/72038.7...section_Tripod

Regards,

Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 10-08-2010, 11:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NorthBayPanos
    replied
    Do you know what tripod was on the bottom of the pole in Az.? It's in the pix.

Leave a comment:

• NorthBayPanos
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritburner View Post
    Manfrotto sell a simple strap on bubble level, probably their cheapest item at about €16 suitable for many pole diameters try here http://harrysproshop.com/Tripods/aut...autopoles.html of course a nice one from Nodal Ninja would look better!
    In US that's about $4.90
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=390245470523
    a good choice to aid in travel or possibly a flip up attachment?
    den

Leave a comment:

• badders
    replied
    OK - I wasn't aware of that.

Leave a comment:

• Vincèn
    replied
    Originally posted by badders View Post
    What wireless remote???....
    All poles are delivered with a wireless remote for camera :) Same as we used at Photokina

Leave a comment:

• badders
    replied
    What wireless remote???....

Leave a comment:

• nick fan
    replied
    Originally posted by juergen View Post
    why isn't that pole suitable for vertical operation?
    Hi,

I think you mean horizontal operation.
    firstly, typical tripods and monopods are designed to accept compressive stress only. When a pole is used horizontally, stress can be tensile. The joints can fall apart if the glue holding them fails. I use Loctite industrial grade expoxy for the joints. It can hold >10kg tensile stress in my tests. But there is no guarantee after years of use of the pole. So special device for extra safety is needed for horizontal application.
    secondly, in order to keep the deflection to less than 10cm/ 4", a much more rigid (larger diameter) pole is needed for horizontal application.

BTW, the wireless remote included is worth $25.

Nick
    Last edited by nick fan; 10-02-2010, 09:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• juergen
    replied
    Merci, that makes it much clearer.

Leave a comment:

• Vincèn
    replied
    Why do I have to specify a camera model when ordering? Is there any specific mount or accessory that comes with the pole?
    Each pole is delivered with a wireless remote for your camera, so it's to be sure to include right cable for your camera ;)

Can I have the pole with just a 3/8 bolt on top?
    It's included with pole :)

And (most important) why isn't that pole suitable for vertical operation
    Not enough robust for that, the P2 and P3 will be able to support horizontal use ;)

Vince

Leave a comment:

Working...
X