Lightest setup for backpacking?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightest setup for backpacking?

Originally I was about to piece together a nodal setup out of various parts (NN rotator and some cheaper arms) but after looking at the NN4 setup it is actually very light.

Ill be using this with a sony a7III + 14mm F2.8 samyang lens and doing both regular panos and full 360* for VR.

A lot of the specs don't list the total weight of the system and I am also open to other either more expensive options or even older products if they are lighter or can achieve what I need. The NN4 says it supports 7 pounds which should be more than enough but the upper arm may not be long enough.

Are there any other options I should look at?

NN4 is good for this lens. NN3 MK3 should also work.

Nick
    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Originally posted by nick fan View Post
      NN4 is good for this lens. NN3 MK3 should also work.

Nick
      Is the NN3 MKII the same rail lengths as the MK3?

Looking at the stats the NN3 MKII is lighter....also much cheaper.

Comment

NN3II is slightly shorter. It should be fine too.
        Fanotec
        We listen. We try harder.

Comment

I have been using a Fujufilm X camera, RRS L-bracket, the Samyang 8mm, NN3 MK2 w/ArcaSwiss adapter, MeFoto Backpack tripod for years for backpacking. I just got the the MK3 and just now dialing it in. I may be able to get it lighter if I went with a dedicated lens mount like the R1 w/RD5. Currently my only complaint is no degree marks on the mini-rotator. I need to put some reference marker on it for North/Starting position.

Comment

Working...
          X