Pano Viewer for Raspberry Pi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pano Viewer for Raspberry Pi

I am trying to make some digital picture frames to give as holiday gifts. My idea is to get an inexpensive monitor (<$100) that has an HDMI input, and a Raspberry Pi computer (~$45) to drive a Pano Viewer (specifically the one that comes with PTGui), then load it with one of my panos which will rotate in the display. I will post a materials list if I ever get it to work. It is theoretically possible, and only a matter of time.

So here is the question: anyone know of anyone already doing this?
    Last edited by rjrose; 11-20-2016, 04:31 PM.
    Robert Rose
    Barking Deer Photography
    www.barkingdeerphotography.com
    www.robertrose.photos
    www.rosepatents.com

I think it is easier to get a used tablet for this purpose, right?
    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Got me thinking. There are a host of HDMI monitors in the 20" range that are on the market. These monitors have the advantage that they can sit on a table or hang on a wall, and display a larger photo than the typical 7" tablet. The Raspberry Pi has WiFi capability (uses a USB port on a 2, built in on a 3) and the default operating system has a nice browser (Epiphany) included. Since just about every home has a WiFi signal, that could reach my web site, and hence reach any one of my spherical panoramas. E.g., http://robertrose.photos/Room_Gyro/Room_Gyro.htm Maybe I can program Epiphany to periodically clear the cache and reload and correspondingly post a new spherical panorama to the website, so make it capable of pushing out new panoramas on a recurring basis.
      Robert Rose
      Barking Deer Photography
      www.barkingdeerphotography.com
      www.robertrose.photos
      www.rosepatents.com

Comment

Instead of running an heavy app viewer, i would go with a lighter web server and pannellum or something similar. A raspberry py would excel at running that.

Comment

Working...
        X