Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panos from latest road trip posted

http://www.dlsphoto.net/YosemiteSpri...Colors2012.htm

All comments welcome, both complimentary and constructive.

Originally posted by DennisS View Post

Hi Dennis,

why no zoom feature?

Nick
    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Nick,

Zooming only pixelates the picture and does not add anything. 4 around with a Sigma 8mm lens does not provide any additional information when zoomed in. Call it artistic license. Too many people allow zooming just for the sake of zooming.

I am playing around with iDevices. I may enable zooming out for better framing. The panos look zoomed in too close when I look at them on my iPod Touch.

Dennis

Comment

Thanks for posting Dennis, I do enjoy visiting Yosemite through the medium of your panos.
        They work great on my iPad, which is something I need to get round to sorting out myself soon.

Comment

Originally posted by DennisS View Post

What remote shutter do you use? I recently acquire NEX 5N and all remote shutter release in the market are IR no radio trigger. I am not sure it will work since I am shooting from behind the camera.

Comment

I do not use any type of remote. Both hands are on the camera for each photo.

I am playing around with the zoom settings. I optimize all of my panoramas for viewing full screen on my Dell 24" monitor. When I view them on my iPod touch, the view is zoomed in just a bit too much.

I have opened up the zooming parameters in the first panorama (Arches entrance, top left panorama). As time permits, I will make my way through the rest of the panoramas. Feedback always appreciated.

Comment

Zooming is now set for all panos in this series. Should work for PC's as will as iDevices.

Make sure to check out the gyroscopic effect on newer iDevices.

Comment

Hi Dennis,

Nice panos! My favorites are: Cascade Creek and the first Swining Brigde panos.

What software do you use to make the panos with gyroscopic effect. I use Pano2VR for it.

Johan
                My website: www.360p.nl
                8,67 Gigapixels Panorama: http://www.360p.nl/portfolio/gigapixel/123-bataviahaven-lelystad-8-67-gigapixels

Comment

Johan,

Thanks for the compliment. One of these days I need to create a map of Yosemite with hot spots to all the panoramas I have. The collection just keeps growing.

You would think that after doing monopod panos for several years now there would be nothing more to learn. I learned a couple new things this time plus I tried out some new hardware. The laser pointer really helps with the hand held Nadir patch shot. Monopod panoramas are getting easier to create with each trip.

I use Pano2VR for all publishing. Once you get a template all set up, it is brain dead easy to create a pano that works with flash and html5. Just spend time working through all the on line tutorials.

Dennis

Comment

Dennis, I enjoyed your panos. I was just out in Yosemite from Florida the week before you. I don't have such a wide angle but got a couple of nice panos using my 24-105. I did a pano from the tunnel end of tunnel view with about 8 or 10 images stitched together. Just learning, so mine is pretty boring compared to some I have seen here, but thanks for sharing and helping educate some of us "newbies". The more I learn the more I realize I don't know.

Bruce

Comment

beautiful images; what software did you use to create pano?

Comment

Photoshop for the RAW->TIF conversion
                        PTGui for the stitching
                        Back to Photoshop for the final color corrections and such
                        Pano2VR for the flash/html5 publishing

Comment

Working...
                        X