• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me to clarify

Hello

On this page you are selling pano kit:
    https://shop.nodalninja.com/collecti...24-2mp-b5600-1

This kit contains Nikon D5600 and Sigma 8mm F3.5 EX DG Circular Fisheye and it also states that this lens HAS Auto Focus (AF)

Recently I've purchased Nikon D5300 and same Sigma 8mm F3.5 EX DG Circular Fisheye lens, but this combo DOESN'T have AF because they doesn't have built in AF motor.

So I wonder, does Sigma make 8mm F3.5 EX DG Circular Fisheye with built in HSM AF motor or this D5600 body have built in AF motor?

Because my seller ASSURES me that Sigma doesn't have 8mm F3.5 EX DG Circular Fisheye with built in motor.
    I also contacted main distributor for Sigmas in my Country and they state the same.

It's clearly that my Nikon D5300 doesn't have motor, but on some websites it is stated that Nikon D5600 HAS built in AF motor and on some that it DOESN'T.
    Judging by the pics of D5300 and D5600 bodies found online it is clear that D5600 doesn't have cuplung (rotating thing) for making lens AF

Also on some online photos for Sigma 8mm F3.5 EX DG Circular Fisheye for Nikon DOES have AF switch visible on phots, and mine doesn't have it.

I can live without AF because I plan to use it for panos only, shoot on tripod at F8-10, so it's easy to setup focus only once,
    but this makes this lens very unfriendly for anything else because it's hard to focus it manually.

Questions:

1. Are you absolutely sure that your your combo indeed has AF?

2. Does Sigma make 8mm F3.5 EX DG Circular Fisheye WITH built in AF motor?

3. Does Nikon D5600 HAS built in AF motor?

If possible, please provide relevant links.

Thanks
    Regards

Last edited by Krx; 05-28-2017, 07:23 AM.

Sigma 8mm F3.5 for Nikon is an old lens. It does not have a AF motor inside.
    https://www.sigmaphoto.com/8mm-f35-e...rcular-fisheye
    You don't need AF for 8mm fisheye due to huge depth of field. You just set the focus point to 0.5-1m and at F8, everything will be in focus.
    I will contact Bill to make correction of listing.

Nick
    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Hello

Thanks for clearing this up.
      I was going nuts because I thought that our dealer wasn't honest with me because of A TON of misleading informations found on web. :)
      For both Sigma fish and Nikon D5xxx series camera

Regards

Comment

Working...
      X