Forum Upgrade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Upgrade

So we are very aware of many bugs that are popping up here in the forum. We considered moving to the forum to the cloud but realized we had more to lose than we would gain. So we are preparing to upgrade our forum to the latest vBulletin 5.0 + Connect Mobile Bundle. We may lose some of the bell's and whistles but at least we'll maintain our customer base, images and threads. We'll also look at changing out the theme as well. To be honest the forum administration is a huge labyrinth of options, permissions and settings which I am only familiar with the very basics. After the upgrade we'll be working closely with support over the following 30 days to finalize and tweak the forum.
    So bare with us during this upgrade process.

Originally posted by Bill Bailey View Post
    So we are very aware of many bugs that are popping up here in the forum. We considered moving to the forum to the cloud but realized we had more to lose than we would gain. So we are preparing to upgrade our forum to the latest vBulletin 5.0 + Connect Mobile Bundle. We may lose some of the bell's and whistles but at least we'll maintain our customer base, images and threads. We'll also look at changing out the theme as well. To be honest the forum administration is a huge labyrinth of options, permissions and settings which I am only familiar with the very basics. After the upgrade we'll be working closely with support over the following 30 days to finalize and tweak the forum.
    So bare with us during this upgrade process.
    Bill,
    You did a good job. Can't imagine the time I will take to learn all this stuff.

Nick
    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Good Job. Attachment and thread editing is working again!

Nick
      Fanotec
      We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Great job Bill.

All we need to do now is get people to participate.
        I notice that under the "What's Going On" title that there are 49 users online so if you are not Bill but reading this lets have some input, dialog, conversation...

We live in an age where communication has never been easier, but it seems that we are actually communicating less with each other.
        I blame Social Media (or as I prefer to call it, Unsocial Media).
        A quick message or photo on Facebook, Twitter, etc. - job done, history, lets move on... so lets slow down a bit and communicate with each other instead of just stating here I am, look at me, and use Forums like this to "chat" about a topic that we are all interested in.

Comment

Thanks guys - tons of work but great to have a revived look. Being an open forum like this allows viewers to research data without joining which at any given time there will be dozens of visitors searching through the threads. At the time of this post there are 104 users in our forum. Our hopes are you will join our forum and enter into discussion, sharing your thoughts and ideas. Nick Fan (Fanotec manufacturer and inventor of Nodal Ninja) frequents this forum often. Many of the new products and enhancements to existing products comes from the valuable feedback from end users.

This forum is not just about Nodal Ninja - many of our members are very experienced with 360 photography and ready answer your questions.

thx
          Bill

Comment

How come sometimes my signature block is attached to my posts, and sometimes not? Where do I go to edit my signature block?

Never mind; figured out how to update signature. It is under User Settings>Account>Conversation Detail Options
            Last edited by rjrose; 10-21-2016, 11:57 PM. Reason: Figured out answer
            Robert Rose
            Barking Deer Photography
            www.barkingdeerphotography.com
            www.robertrose.photos
            www.rosepatents.com

Comment

Working...
            X