X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Bailey
    started a topic NEW NODAL NINJA PRODUCTS

NEW NODAL NINJA PRODUCTS

Well I just wanted to tell everyone some very exciting news.
    We received the prototypes from Nick (some last minutes touches were needed). Myself along with the 4 visiting resellers all agree these products will certainly pave the way to fulfilling the growing demands of the panoramic photographer.

I can't show you images or tell you more just yet as we will do the official unveiling later today at the conference. We hope to have the first images up by tonight or tomorrow. Once we post the images the thread will be open to questions anyone might have.

This thread will mark the start of the public announcement - so you might want to bookmark it and watch for updates.

More soon.....

Cheers
    Bill

• nick fan
    replied
    Originally posted by superpants View Post
    So you can just flip the vertical arm to shoot the nadir, like the nn5/3 nadir adapter?
    am i seeing that correctly? nice!
    yes, you are right.
    but there is a better way using the nadir adapter.
    http://www.nodalninja.com/forum/show...ll=1#post33428

Nick

Leave a comment:

• superpants
    replied
    So you can just flip the vertical arm to shoot the nadir, like the nn5/3 nadir adapter?
    am i seeing that correctly? nice!

Leave a comment:

• DemonDuck
    replied
    Originally posted by nick fan View Post
    No, there is no plan to stop the NN3/5 series. We just make 2 more accessories for them. One is nadir adapter, the other is a flash mount for mounting flash on the upper rail.

Nodal Ninja and Nodal Ninja Ultimate will always co-exist. They have different appeals to customers. Nodal Ninja is our cost effective solution. Nodal Ninja Ultimate is our best quality most advanced solution. Cost is not my concern in the Ultimate design.

Nick
    Please -- don't forget an upgraded T-adapter that works!!!!

Leave a comment:

• superpants
    replied
    So is this set up here just the Ultimate M1-S and a lens ring? or is it more stuff? Would this set up also work with the RD4 rotator that comes with the r1? If so is it easy enough to remove the rotator and swap back and forth as needed? Very interested in this set up.

Thanks

Originally posted by Bill Bailey View Post
    Here are some quickie photos showing how you can use lens ring clamps on the system and also how are you are able to take the down shot.
    Shown - D300 w/ Samyang Lens

Bill

Leave a comment:

• Bill Bailey
    replied
    No new word about new products - I would hope soon but then even this answer is a bit open ended. If you opted to receive emails you'll get notification once released. Also we will have a trade-in program on our website for selected items.

Leave a comment:

• marian17
    replied
    Hi Bill,

Some news informations about this great product ?
    I need a pano head and my first choice goes to the NN5 with RD16.
    But since May and your announcement, I'm waiting for your new product...
    Thanks for your answer (and sorry for my bad english...)

Leave a comment:

• gt_nninja
    replied
    Re: NEW NODAL NINJA PRODUCTS

Hi George,

You get a defective unit. return it for replacement.
    I apologize for your inconvience.

nick
    Will do. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• nick fan
    replied

Originally posted by gt_nninja View Post
    And here's the video: http://misc.sinugba.com/adapter. I was right behind the camera during this presentation with the flash mounted Rode SVM right under my nose so excuse the breathing

George
    Hi George,

You get a defective unit. return it for replacement.
    I apologize for your inconvience.

nick

Leave a comment:

• gt_nninja
    replied

Actually on mine the thumb screw doesn't hit the post when mounted on the adapter. The pivot point also feels like it's spring-loaded. There's resistance between "click" positions and the "clicks" are at 45 degrees. Maybe I'll make a video with my 7D and post
    And here's the video: http://misc.sinugba.com/adapter. I was right behind the camera during this presentation with the flash mounted Rode SVM right under my nose so excuse the breathing

George

Leave a comment:

• gt_nninja
    replied

Originally posted by panoguy View Post
    Might be that your screw isn't tightening because the handle isn't in the right position. It's a progressive screw-handle - you "lift it up" and turn it the opposite of the tightening direction (then drop it back onto the screw) to allow it to fully tighten the screw without hitting the post.

Just a thought...

Mine is as tight as a drum, and I can't open the adapter with it locked (which is handy when I pick up the whole rig and move it).
    Actually on mine the thumb screw doesn't hit the post when mounted on the adapter. The pivot point also feels like it's spring-loaded. There's resistance between "click" positions and the "clicks" are at 45 degrees. Maybe I'll make a video with my 7D and post

Leave a comment:

• panoguy
    replied

I can open the adapter with the same effort when the screw handle is hand-tightened as when it's loose.
    Might be that your screw isn't tightening because the handle isn't in the right position. It's a progressive screw-handle - you "lift it up" and turn it the opposite of the tightening direction (then drop it back onto the screw) to allow it to fully tighten the screw without hitting the post.

Just a thought...

Mine is as tight as a drum, and I can't open the adapter with it locked (which is handy when I pick up the whole rig and move it).

Leave a comment:

• gt_nninja
    replied

You mean the screw handle? It tightens the nadir adapter, prevents it from moving.

nick
    I can open the adapter with the same effort when the screw handle is hand-tightened as when it's loose.

Leave a comment:

• nick fan
    replied

Another question, what is the speed screw for? It doesn't seem to control the friction when swinging the adapter. Thanks.

George
    You mean the screw handle? It tightens the nadir adapter, prevents it from moving.

nick

Leave a comment:

• gt_nninja
    replied

Another question, what is the speed screw for? It doesn't seem to control the friction when swinging the adapter. Thanks.

George

Leave a comment:

Working...
X