PDA

View Full Version : Nikon 500mm or 600mm, accesories required to support on Ultimate M2 with R8 II

lostsole
07-01-2014, 02:24 PM
Hi,

I saw another thread by Nick that mentioned this but I didn't understand for sure what I need to purchase to support super telephotos by Nikon. Can someone please clarify for me what specifically I would need to buy to support heavy lenses on the U M2 with R8?

Thanks for any help!

nick fan
07-02-2014, 04:13 AM
You just need an Arca Swiss compatible rail that can be attached to the lens. I think >500mm lens has 2 sockets at the lens foot. So just attach our MFR160/170/210 to the lens foot will be fine. But I really doubt you need such a long and heavy lens for making panos. I think the ideal lens will be 400mm or lower. I am not sure M2 gives sufficient stability to support 600mm at lower shutter speed. We can add another vertical rail to strength it though.

Nick

lostsole
07-02-2014, 08:44 AM
Thanks Nick, I'll look into getting those parts then. You are correct, normally I wouldn't need that much reach for a mosaic, but this is for a specialized project. : ) Love, love my NN btw! I was trying to do an motorized method and this is so much better and faster, at least too me.

nick fan
07-02-2014, 08:13 PM
If you have a project that NN can have an edge over other products, I can make you special parts to support your project. :-)

Nick