PDA

View Full Version : What software for panorama tours?

LeoNeon
08-27-2012, 07:24 AM
Hi,

I'm quite new in spherical panoramas. I just know (more or less) how to make them and the time has become for a first commercial work.

My customer needs to ad a panorama to his website which have to works on ipads, iphons and other devices. It means it have to be html5 not just only flash. I need to buy software which license will allow me to sell panoramas tours for multiple customers.

Price is not important. I would like to get the best quality and many options which allows me to customize viewing experience ...

Could you advice me in this topic?

Thnx a lot.

Seacat
08-27-2012, 11:28 AM
Hi LeoNeon,

For stitching the photos i use PTGui. When the Panorama is ready i use Pano2VR (http://gardengnomesoftware.com) to create a html5 or Flash. Pano2VR does have option to make tours.

Greating,

Johan Boom

Hugh
08-28-2012, 02:20 PM
Hello LeoNeon,

Like Johan, I too use Pano2VR, but have found that there are a lot of html5 files to upload.
Pano2VR has just released v4 Beta, which looks as if it is improved on the tour side so I intend to have a serious look at his in the next few days.
Another option is Autotour Pro
http://www.kolor.com/buy/software/autopano-pro/value-pack-autopano-pro-dvd-panobook.html
which is more costly then Pano2VR, which I have been looking at and I was tempted to go to, but I think that I am more likely to upgrade to Pano2VR v4 having read about the added functionality.

Either package will enable both Flash and html5, so both are worth evaluating as both allow you to download trial versions before committing to purchase.

PTGui is great for creating your panorama, then either Pano2VR Pro or Autotour Pro to publish your panorama as both Flash and html5.

All the best, Hugh.

LeoNeon
08-29-2012, 01:00 AM
Thnx guys for help.

I have almost decided to go with Kolor's Panotour Pro but I will try trial versions of both softwares you recommend. There is big difference in price. Is Panotour Pro better as it's price is much bigger?

Regards.

Hugh
08-29-2012, 12:13 PM
Hello LeoNeon,

I do not think that price necessarily reflects quality.
I have used Pano2VR for many years, so am probably biased in this direction, but creating tours with Pano2VR V3 requires making notes and keeping track of the panorama URLs, which could get complicated if there were more than 3 or 4 panoramas in the tour, which is why I was looking at Panotour Pro, which I think is more intuitive and easier to use.
I have been considering buying an Panotour Pro licence, but from what I have read about Pano2VR v4 it seems that the Garden Gnome people have addressed some of the issues that made me consider the Kolor product, but I need to evaluate it properly before making my decision, but am currently traveling so have not done so yet.

I feel that you should chose the one you prefer to use and if you are liking the Kolor product, then go for it, but as said I do not think price reflects functionality or quality and that both products have many good points.

LeoNeon
08-30-2012, 10:04 AM
Thnx Hugh for your help. Please let me know here if you will make a decision regards to choosing a software. In the next week I will start to test Pano2VR and Panotour Pro.

Regs.

Seacat
09-03-2012, 05:03 AM
Hello LeoNeon,

You need the Pano2VR version 4 Pro, this moment stil beta (beta2). On the website of Garden Gnome you can see a video how fast you can build a tour:

http://youtu.be/1TRkos4Y-70

And read more about this new version in the blog:

http://gardengnomesoftware.com/blog/

Johan

Hugh
09-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Hello LeoNeon,

I have decided to upgrade my Pano2VR to v4 as it is around 20, but having investigated Panotour Pro some more think I will be purchasing a Panotour Pro license in the not too distant future as it seems an intuitive and easy to use interface.

I have discovered that the reason I find Pano2VR quite manual for producing tours is that I should be using Pano2VR Pro, but I am finding it difficult to learn much about Pano2VR Pro as there seems to be little information on the Garden Gnome web site (hopefully someone can tell me different).

When it comes to pricing there is quite a jump between Pano2VR @ 69 and Pano2VR Pro @ 249, but the Pano2VR Pro price is quite close to the Panotour Pro @ 299.

As stated before, they both do a good job so you should chose the one you are most comfortable with.
These prices do not include VAT.

Crazy360
09-05-2012, 06:04 AM
Hugh:

Glad you pointed that out, I've tried pano2vr v3, and manually remembering the urls (i named all of them 1panorama, 2panorama and so on.) I've tried 3 panoramas and thought it very much a chore. When I considered the price of Pano2VR PRO and Panotour Pro, I'm more inclined to be buying Panotour Pro. And I've heard good things about krpano too.

I've read about panotour's upgrade policy, and I'm sure you might want to wait until photokina (or whenever the annoucement of panotour pro v2.0 is.), as the upgrade will not be free for major upgrades (v1.x to v2.0 for example), unless the new version has already been announced. I've clarified this by emailing them. It's an eager wait for photokina since last week!

Seacat
09-05-2012, 12:27 PM
@Hugh,

I did upgrade also from v3 to v4 (non pro). The price for the Pro is mutch to high! Over the top!

Hugh
09-07-2012, 08:20 AM
I did upgrade also from v3 to v4 (non pro). The price for the Pro is much to high! Over the top!

Seacat, I quite agree.

I have disable my v4 license so that I can investigate Pano2VR Pro, which has an additional panel on the right hand side, which certainly makes it easier to create tours, but I think that Panotour Pro has the edge as far as the human interface is concerned, because you can position the Equirectangulars in their appropriate relationship on the screen and link them as you wish to, whereas Pano2VR Pro still requires looking after the URLs, etc. unless I am missing something.
However, I cannot see why Pano2VR Pro is so much more than Pano2VR and feel that the people at Garden Gnome might make more Pano2VR Pro sales if it was more reasonable.
There must be lots of us out there, such as yourself and Crazy360, who are using Pano2VR then doing there own thing to create tours.
I do very much a s Crazy360 does in that I name my output file as panoramaa, panoramab, etc.

I've read about panotour's upgrade policy, and I'm sure you might want to wait until photokina (or whenever the announcement of panotour pro v2.0 is.), as the upgrade will not be free for major upgrades (v1.x to v2.0 for example), unless the new version has already been announced. I've clarified this by emailing them. It's an eager wait for photokina since last week!

Thanks for the tip Crazy360, I'll join your eager wait.

LeoNeon
09-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Thnx Guys for your help. I have decided to go with Panotour Pro. I'm happy so far with this. One disadvantage is low amount of navigation templates. It looks like I will have to learn to build my own or find some on the web which - no luck with this so far.

MikeInBaltimore
05-08-2013, 10:06 AM
So far, nobody has mentioned Tourweaver by Easypano.
I can't say it's the easiest sw package, but for someone like me - who is totally clueless on anything to do with "code" - it works fairly well with many options.
Perfect - NO!! ... Expensive - YES!!
But it's working for me right now.

-Mike