PDA

View Full Version : New Fanotec Tripod Adapter with Manfrotto tripods

hindenhaag
09-13-2011, 09:32 AM
Hi,

as I received my adapter yesterday, I was trying to find some parts to attach it to the manfrotto center column with leveling top.

http://www.manfrotto.com/product/8374.56.76814.0.0/555B/_/Levelling_Centre_Column_for_055Pro. The handle at the bottom fixes the top leveling plate by locking-unlocking. So we have to keep this mechanism going and be able to attach the lower adapter part to an 3/8" male screw.

I managed to find some parts which can be used to make it work:

http://www.manfrotto.com/product/8374.56.48467.0.0/088LBP/_/Adapter_Small_14%27%27_to_38%27%27

The normal manfrotto handle has a 6mm thread. So you have to change the 1/4" thread inside of the Adapter to a 6mm thread. I just "screwed" it inside softly and everything worked nice with the new 6mm thread. The plate has to rest against the Bottom of the Tripod with a tube between Adapter Plate and tripod.

I found a small tube normally used as curtain accessory which fits nicely. H: 15mm , outer diameter 18mm, inner diameter 12mm = 3mm thick "wall". There is a flat screw inside on top, I opened up the hole with 6mm. This screw centers the tube on the 6mm Tripod Screw. Fixing the tube to the tripod with the Adapter Plate on top, you can easily fix the leveling top.

Workflow to fix the Tripod Adapter: First fix Top Plate with loose level plate of tripod. Then center the lower NN adapter to 3/8" screw of adapter plate, fix the tripod head by using the adapter plate. Move the pole upwards to fix it to the center column.

For the other type of center column without leveling top, you have to get this sort of adapter:

http://www.manfrotto.com/product/8374.56.76814.0.0/055XCCSB/_/Short_Centre_Column_Accessory
http://www.manfrotto.com/product/8374.56.48467.0.0/055LAA/_/Low_angle_adapter_for_055DCL

After taking off the rubber cap of the end of the center column, it can be fixed by clicking into one of the two holes in the columns end.

Cheers,
Heinz

Vincèn
09-13-2011, 10:20 AM
as I received my adapter yesterday, I was trying to find some parts to attach it to the manfrotto center column with levelling top.
I managed to find some parts which can be used to make it work:
hum confused by your message there:confused1: you need to attach the adapter both at top and bottom of the column ! The most difficult part is bottom of the column :th_cool:

Vincèn

hindenhaag
09-13-2011, 10:54 AM
I have to post step by step Vincen, otherwise I loose the first part of the post. So I always have to save in between. I hate this!!

Do the pics explain it?

Heinz

Vincèn
09-13-2011, 10:58 AM
I have to post step by step Vincen, otherwise I loose the first part of the post. So I always have to save in between. I hate this!!
i can imagine that :)

Do the pics explain it?
Reading text and looking at pictures I got it :D the only difficulty is to find the curtain accessory :th_wink:

hindenhaag
09-13-2011, 11:03 AM
You can use any tube of that size and cut it to length.

How many adapters do you like for your clients?:th_cool: I can send them ready to go....:th_Jttesur:

Heinz

BTW: received your parcel today. I'll meet Karel tomorrow and we are going to test the 8mm panasonic lens ring for the Samyang 7.5 and take the rest of the measurements Nick needs. We let you know about it tomorrow evening.

Vincèn
09-13-2011, 11:27 AM
You can use any tube of that size and cut it to length.
How many adapters do you like for your clients?:th_cool: I can send them ready to go....:th_Jttesur:
I send you by email a subcontractor contract to sign :biggrin: Would you mind I share on my support website your explanations ? so my french users know how to do it with that tripod :)

BTW: received your parcel today. I'll meet Karel tomorrow and we are going to test the 8mm panasonic lens ring for the Samyang 7.5 and take the rest of the measurements Nick needs. We let you know about it tomorrow evening.
hum looks like a Nodal Ninja user group meeting in Netherlands tomorrow :th_wink: I'll wait for your news about that ring ;)

Vincèn

hindenhaag
09-13-2011, 11:45 AM
Of course you can share it on your support website. You and other official NN Resellers do not have to ask for it. I believe this is important info for resellers to avoid customers frustration and let TNT earn a lot of money sending the parcel as "return parcels".

May be Nick some day can make some special adapters. But he is very busy at the moment. That's why I tried it on my own. And this is the tricky point of the Tripod Adapter. But over all, very nice new NN Equipment. Thx Nick!

Heinz

nick fan
09-13-2011, 08:48 PM
We will introduce another version for center column without 3/8" thread. Price is higher at $59.95 because of more complicated machining. It will support center column up to 32mm in diameter.

nick

zenalien
09-19-2011, 11:27 PM
Hi...

Nick, why do you absolutely need to attach the pole to the bottom part of the column ?

What would you think of only attaching it to the upper part of the column and leaving the pole to remain on the floor ?

Vincèn
09-20-2011, 12:09 AM
Nick, why do you absolutely need to attach the pole to the bottom part of the column ?
to limit torque effect on upper attachment ! leaving pole on floor is not reliable and with torque it would probably twist and break the upper part too easily !

Vincèn

nick fan
09-20-2011, 11:31 AM
to limit torque effect on upper attachment ! leaving pole on floor is not reliable and with torque it would probably twist and break the upper part too easily !

Vincèn

As Vincen pointed out. To protect the top disk of tripod which is usually glued to the tube in case of carbon fiber tripod. Besides the tripod need to be pressed by the weight of pole in order to support the pole. Otherwise the tripod can move easily.

nick

1drey
10-24-2011, 01:56 PM
We will introduce another version for center column without 3/8" thread. Price is higher at $59.95 because of more complicated machining. It will support center column up to 32mm in diameter.

nick

Yes, please!
I received an adapter today - love it's elegant and simple design, but...can't use it with my trusty 055 carbon tripod.

hindenhaag
10-25-2011, 05:03 AM
Hi,

what is the exact manfrotto model?

What sort of center column do you have?

Heinz

nick fan
10-25-2011, 09:29 AM
Yes, please!
I received an adapter today - love it's elegant and simple design, but...can't use it with my trusty 055 carbon tripod.

coming in Nov.

Nick

zenalien
11-08-2011, 01:50 AM
Hi there...

I also got a manfrotto 0544mf4 carbon fiber...

I was wondering if the new tripod adapter would be ok with this tripod ? and when it would be available....

I am going to make a trip in Indonesia in december and, if available, I'd like to order and receive it before I go there... :)

@hindenhaag, the column of this tripod is not cylindrical, it looks like a triangle with rounded/chamfer edges; like this http://goo.gl/MckjF but longer.
And finaly there is no screw at the bottom of the column...

hindenhaag
11-08-2011, 08:05 AM
This is the normal design of manfrotto center columns.

You can take off the rubber cup and replace it upside down with this accessory: http://www.manfrotto.com/product/8374.56.48467.0.0/055LAA/_/Low_angle_adapter_for_055DCL.

Heinz

nick fan
11-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Hi there...

I also got a manfrotto 0544mf4 carbon fiber...

I was wondering if the new tripod adapter would be ok with this tripod ? and when it would be available....

I am going to make a trip in Indonesia in december and, if available, I'd like to order and receive it before I go there... :)

@hindenhaag, the column of this tripod is not cylindrical, it looks like a triangle with rounded/chamfer edges; like this http://goo.gl/MckjF but longer.
And finaly there is no screw at the bottom of the column...

New Tripod Adapter for tripods without 3/8" thread at base of center column is shipping to resellers. I call it Type B. Old one is Type A.
Type B fits 32mm tripod center column natively. It can be adapted to 28mm or 26mm with a plastic fitting. Customers can select one of 28mm or 26mm fitting to each order.

Type A has a price of $49.95.
Type B has a price of $59.95. additional fitting sells for $5.

Type B will work for Manfrotto tri-facet center column.

Nick

hindenhaag
11-12-2011, 03:59 AM
:thumbup1:Hi Nick,

that's great and makes the use of the clever designed Tripod Adapter much more easier by connecting it to the center column directly. Don't forget to place this info to panoguide as well:thumbup1:.

You know there are lot of sharks int the basin.:wink:

Regards, and thx for all your time to develop the whole system on and on.

Heinz

JeffE
04-06-2012, 08:42 PM
I know this is an older thread, but if you see this Nick, which tripod adapter for a pole would work with my Induro CX-214?
http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=detailsdisc&sku=INDCX214
You can send me a private message too if you like.

thanks!
Jeff Ellis

hindenhaag
04-06-2012, 10:12 PM
Hi Jeff,

May be I can help you in between.

This looks difficult to me. Using the tripod in a "normal position" the center column sits aside the top plate in between the legs, right? This would be the "normal position" of the pole adapted with the tripod adapter. Because of stability specially with longer poles Nick has stated in another thread, that you might not extend the distance between center column and pole by using extensions to the tripod adapter. Using the tripod adapter on your center column, will place the pole far outside the center of the top plate of your tripod. This is unstable and I am sure Nick will not accept such a use of the Tripod Adapter.

Is is possible to replace your "center column" with a normal center column? Then you need Type B which can be adapted to center columns directly with diameter 32mm natively, to 28, 26 and 25 mm diameters with an insert.

Heinz

nick fan
04-08-2012, 07:17 AM
I know this is an older thread, but if you see this Nick, which tripod adapter for a pole would work with my Induro CX-214?
http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=detailsdisc&sku=INDCX214
You can send me a private message too if you like.

thanks!
Jeff Ellis

Does it have a 3/8" female thread at the base of center column? Or do you know the diameter of the center column? You can warp a piece of paper around the tube and measure the perimeter of the tube. diameter = perimeter/ 3.141516
As long as it fits the requirement of tripod adapter A/B, your tripod can be used. Mount the adapter in an orientation that the pole is closest to the center of tripod.

Nick