PDA

View Full Version : We need to decide for a special placement of U1 camera plate to be able to compare upper rail settings of M1

hindenhaag
08-22-2011, 04:03 AM
Hi,

This is the way I fix my U1 universal camera plate to the camera body:

I tested several bodies and I found out the will fit the best way. Once the screw is inserted into the tripod mount of the camera body a little bit, move the plate forward to the lens direction, screw will stop the plate, then fix it.

I know Nick is designing new special camera plates, but till then we can compare settings using the plate in this position.

Regards,
Heinz

nick fan
08-22-2011, 10:06 AM
Hi,

This is the way I fix my U1 universal camera plate to the camera body:

I tested several bodies and I found out the will fit the best way. Once the screw is inserted into the tripod mount of the camera body a little bit, move the plate forward to the lens direction, screw will stop the plate, then fix it.

I know Nick is designing new special camera plates, but till then we can compare settings using the plate in this position.

Regards,
Heinz

for consistency of NPP value, only use 2 mounting positions.
1. center of camera plate if the plate is not protruding from the camera body.
2. a position so that the plate is flush to a recognizable feature at camera base.

nick

John Houghton
08-22-2011, 10:28 AM
I use the centre of the mounting plate and I align one edge to be parallel to an edge of the camera (5D/4D).

John

DemonDuck
08-22-2011, 10:34 AM
I use the centre of the mounting plate and I align one edge to be parallel to an edge of the camera (5D/4D).

John

That's what I do with the T-II adapter and my LX3. But the camera always twists a bit out of alignment after a couple of panos. The mounting plate is the weakest link in the product chain.