Adapting a Manfrotto rotator [Archive] - Nodal Ninja Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Adapting a Manfrotto rotator

Thierry_C
10-30-2010, 02:04 AM
Dear all,

This is my very first post on the forum. :001_smile:

My old Manfrotto 303 head is dying and way too heavy to my liking. I'm therefore thinking buying either an NN5 or its replacement line if released soon enough.

Anyone to let me know if it's possible to mount a Manfrotto 300N rotator on the NN5 instead of having to buy the Fanotec R-D16 Rotator?

Thanks,
Thierry

Vincèn
10-30-2010, 02:24 AM
Hi Thierry,

Welcome here :wink: You can attach Manfrotto 300N rotator easily on NN5 just in two ways:

-> keep existing ring rotator of NN5, block it with knob on it, and screw the complete NN5 on top of Manfrotto rotator (easier way but more heavy !)
-> remove the basic ring rotator of NN5, and then screw directly the Manfrotto rotator on lower rail of NN5 (it fits perfectly :thumbup:

Vincèn

Thierry_C
10-30-2010, 04:26 AM
Great, thanks for the information Vincèn.
What type of improvements the new Ultima will have? Possible release date & price roughly? You may contact me directly if needed.
Any snow yet near Grenoble? I lived 20 years in Meribel...
Thierry

Vincèn
10-30-2010, 05:19 AM
What type of improvements the new Ultima will have? Possible release date & price roughly? You may contact me directly if needed.
First new models avalaible before end of year is everything goes as planned will be Modular ones, with Arca style rails. For price no details for now excepted it should be a little more expensive than NN5, but nothing decided yet ! You can see pictures of prototype we have shown in Tucson in April: http://www.flickr.com/photos/skivr/sets/72157623863587034/

Any snow yet near Grenoble? I lived 20 years in Meribel...
Not yet in Grenoble, but mountains around yet. I was in Courchevel begin of week, nearly 40/50cm of fresh snow :) I skied two days that week at 7 Laux that did a pre-opening during three days ;) Will post some panos soon here in forum !

Cheers,

Vincèn

nick fan
10-30-2010, 09:07 AM
Dear all,

This is my very first post on the forum. :001_smile:

My old Manfrotto 303 head is dying and way too heavy to my liking. I'm therefore thinking buying either an NN5 or its replacement line if released soon enough.

Anyone to let me know if it's possible to mount a Manfrotto 300N rotator on the NN5 instead of having to buy the Fanotec R-D16 Rotator?

Thanks,
Thierry

If your manfrotto 303 is still working, you should consider selling the whole set. Without the rotator, you can hardly sell it. RD16 is much lighter than the 300N and more versatile.
You can buy a NN5 without rotator if you decide to keep 300N.

Nick

Vincèn
10-30-2010, 09:18 AM
RD16 is much lighter than the 300N and more versatile.
R-D16 includes 16 different settings, 300N only 10 !

Vincèn

Thierry_C
11-01-2010, 09:33 AM
Yep, that makes sense... I should try to sell my Manfrotto set, even for a low price, and get myself the new ultima when it's released.
Let's hope the wait won't be too long as I have a large panoramic assignment by early January.
Thanks,
Thierry

Vincèn
11-02-2010, 12:55 AM
Let's hope the wait won't be too long as I have a large panoramic assignment by early January.
Hopefully it'll be there at that time ;) Just check regularly forum here as it'll be first place where it'll be announced when avalaible :)

Vincèn