NN5 is dead... long live the king? (whats my option?) [Archive] - Nodal Ninja Forum

PDA

View Full Version : NN5 is dead... long live the king? (whats my option?)

Alberto Gallardo
09-07-2010, 07:37 AM
Hello,
After a long way I finally decided to buy a NN5L + RD8, however when I came back to your web site I noticed that this head is now discontinued. I need to have the ability of making multirow panoramas because I'm about to beggin a project aimed at shooting big big trees and make "panoramas" from a short subject-to-camera distance. What do you think about this, what will be my best option?
Looking at the R1 and R10 I can see that this heads are sigle row only. Thus I'm not completely sure if this will satisfy my needs. Do you now if the NN5+RD8 is still available? If it is I will buy it right away!!
Today I own a Nikon D90 + 10-24 nikon lens, but I'm sure that as the project start to run I'll be able to upgrade this body to a larger one.

Thanks for your advice
Kind Regards
Alberto

hindenhaag
09-07-2010, 09:23 AM
Just ask your local dealer, where do you come from?

Or check the e-store about availability.

Regards

Heinz

nick fan
09-07-2010, 09:29 AM
Hello,
After a long way I finally decided to buy a NN5L + RD8, however when I came back to your web site I noticed that this head is now discontinued. I need to have the ability of making multirow panoramas because I'm about to beggin a project aimed at shooting big big trees and make "panoramas" from a short subject-to-camera distance. What do you think about this, what will be my best option?
Looking at the R1 and R10 I can see that this heads are sigle row only. Thus I'm not completely sure if this will satisfy my needs. Do you now if the NN5+RD8 is still available? If it is I will buy it right away!!
Today I own a Nikon D90 + 10-24 nikon lens, but I'm sure that as the project start to run I'll be able to upgrade this body to a larger one.

Thanks for your advice
Kind Regards
Alberto

Buy a NN5L irregular for $35 off. or buy NN5 irregular for $50 off.

Nick

Alberto Gallardo
09-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Thanks for your reply...
What do you mean by irregular?
:huh:

nick fan
09-07-2010, 09:54 AM
We have some units which are lower quality than our standard. e.g. The rails may have a bit more dust in paint, a few tiny pores in casting, OR small scratches in paint. We will call them, "Factory Irregulars". They are fully functional and covered by same 2 yr warranty. The rotator and knobs are perfect.

The factory irregulars for NN3 (starter/ rotator packages) will be $25 lesser expensive.
The factory irregulars for NN5L (starter/ rotator packages) will be $35 lesser expensive.
The factory irregulars for NN5 (starter/ rotator packages) will be $50 lesser expensive.

nick

Alberto Gallardo
09-07-2010, 10:04 AM
OK, thanks.
I've just e-mailed order@nodalninja.com for the final price and buying instructions of a NN5L+RD8. I'm not sure if this is the right way to do it, but I cannot find the place-your-order button in your webpage for this product. I'm in Mexico, but I'll be in Portland, OR. soon, so I'll ask to deliver this head there. Thanks again for your help.
Alberto

JeffE
11-04-2010, 05:05 PM
Nick - been away from here & Panoguide a while. What happened to the NN5? Why is it discontinued? And what are we to use now for 360x180's?
I have the NN3 to use with my D300, but was considering getting the 5 for my D700 or even getting a D3x.
Is the R1 Ultimate the replacement now? And can you do Multi-row and full spherical 360's with it?

nick fan
11-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Nick - been away from here & Panoguide a while. What happened to the NN5? Why is it discontinued? And what are we to use now for 360x180's?
I have the NN3 to use with my D300, but was considering getting the 5 for my D700 or even getting a D3x.
Is the R1 Ultimate the replacement now? And can you do Multi-row and full spherical 360's with it?

Molds of NN5 are damaged at an early stage. I take this chance to re-arrange my product range. We will have NN Ultimate modular series coming, they will be the top of line. It will be a good idea to release a NN5 replacement model which is cheaper to make.

Nick

badders
11-05-2010, 01:14 AM
The R1 isn't a replacement for the NN5. It's an all new design specifically for single row panoramas using lenses like the Sigma 8mm f3.5. It's also great teamed up with the new Fanotec Pole system for aerial panos.