New e-Store coming August 1st. [Archive] - Nodal Ninja Forum

PDA

View Full Version : New e-Store coming August 1st.

Bill Bailey
07-27-2010, 03:58 PM
On August 1st we're launching our new e-Store. They may be some intermittent outages over the weekend so please bare with. Because we are unable to migrate old records, invoices, and data, if you need this information you have until July 31st to retrieve it. Purchases made after August 1st (in our new e-Store will be treated as new customers and you'll be prompted to create an account. This is optional and guest checkouts are always permitted however we highly encourage you to create an account. Having an account will allow you to monitor the status of your order, review invoices, and also make future purchases much easier. When creating a new account you have the option to opt out of emailing and no purchase is necessary to create an account.

We hope you'll like to new design and layout :001_smile:

thx
Bill

Bill Bailey
07-30-2010, 12:43 PM
OK the weekend is here (getting a head start actually) and the new store will begin it's transitioning. We have several API's, account settings, SSL's, and other certifications that can take 24-48 hrs to migrate so please excuse any down times. If you are trying to place an order please wait until Monday.
We appreciate your patience and hope you like our new store.
Bill

Vincèn
07-31-2010, 01:18 AM
hey,

how are we going to survive during that week-end ? unable to buy Nodal Ninja stuffs, it's end of world :001_tongue: Good luck with transition (hope you reduced your DNS TTL in advance so move will be faster for everyone :cool2:)

Vincèn

Bill Bailey
07-31-2010, 05:33 AM
so far so good - might even be up sooner than expected :001_smile:

hindenhaag
08-01-2010, 04:21 AM
Wow,

you are pretty good you guys out there setting up the new e-store. Congratulation Derek, Bill et al.

For me as a customer till now it works fine. Can't test the reseller version.

Just a question: testing the nadir adaptor together with quick release clamps I wanted to check the name of the QRC2 in the store. But I could not find this clamp. Only arca swiss style. I took the name from my parcel. Aren't they delivered any more?

Once again, I like Nodal Ninja and Fanotec cause all you guys try to stay updated to customers needs and questions. One line from products, e-store, customers service to website.

Regards

Heinz

Bill Bailey
08-01-2010, 04:54 AM
Wow,
you are pretty good you guys out there setting up the new e-store. Congratulation Derek, Bill et al.
For me as a customer till now it works fine. Can't test the reseller version.
Just a question: testing the nadir adaptor together with quick release clamps I wanted to check the name of the QRC2 in the store. But I could not find this clamp. Only arca swiss style. I took the name from my parcel. Aren't they delivered any more?
Once again, I like Nodal Ninja and Fanotec cause all you guys try to stay updated to customers needs and questions. One line from products, e-store, customers service to website.
Regards
Heinz
Hi Heinz,
We were going to lay a little low today and watch the progress of the store but now that the cat is out of the bag yes we're live!
Derek once again stayed up until the wee hours of the morning (past midnight) to do the switch - dedicated.
Minor tweaks here and there still needed such as product association on keywords for one.

If you entered QRC-2 you would have yielded a positive result. I went in and added QRC2 so this too will now yield positive result. Also the search box is an added tool to assist finding products but not absolute (as you can see in this case) - visitors should rely more on the navigational links to locate products which both these would also be listed under "Accessories". But will keep working to add these keywords, and variations of, to all products.
Appreciate the feedback.
Thanks
Bill

hindenhaag
08-01-2010, 06:54 AM
Hi Bill,

thx for quick reply. I went in on accessories and could not find it.

We can imagine you have to work a lot of hours to get it ready, and you proofed several times times you do so and you succeed!! Thx again.

Pleasure
Heinz

Bill Bailey
08-01-2010, 07:06 AM
hmm - I see it - are we on the same page?
http://store.nodalninja.com/categories/Accessories/

ps - thx for compliment - we do the best we can but we are a still a small company (which allows for more personalized service) and most of our business is word of mouth.

Bill Bailey
08-01-2010, 07:10 AM
here are direct links
http://store.nodalninja.com/products/Quick-Release-Clamp.html
http://store.nodalninja.com/products/Nadir-Adapter-for-NN3-and-NN5-series.html

Bill Bailey
08-01-2010, 07:19 AM
I changed up and viewing options a bit - should help for better viewing and navigation

Bill Bailey
08-01-2010, 07:34 AM
I need to also mention that Derek did a great job in redirecting most of the old product store links to new product store links. That said should a new product link change these redirects might not work. Please report any missing or dead links via PM or email: it(at)nodalninja(dot)com.
Thx
Bill

Terrywoodenpic
08-01-2010, 02:55 PM
looks very good.

You will probably need some idiot buyer guides to cut down on questions.