PDA

View Full Version : Nikon ViewNX crashed after start up on Mac

hindenhaag
07-26-2010, 11:32 AM
Hi guys,

I got the problem that ViewNx crashed while using, and this happened on different macs. I uninstalled, installed, keeps crashing. I have send reports to nikon as well as to apple, nobody could help.

To keep it short, now it works again. Go to >Finder >Nikon Software >ViewNX>open map> click ViewNX Map >information>access rights>+add new and I added "administrator"

wow, now it starts up again without crash. Sometimes try and error helps.

May be anyone else had the same problem,

Cheers

Heinz

Vincèn
07-27-2010, 01:34 AM
Wow strange ! what version of Mac OSX are u running ? and version of ViewNX ? Do you run as root ? because I'm confused that you need to add Administrator :ohmy:

hindenhaag
07-27-2010, 02:46 AM
Hi Vincen,

OsX 10.6.4, but on one mac it crashed with a version before, ViewNX is 1.5.2. Apple told me to try to start it making a new account, then downloaded it worked. But I would have had to change between the accounts or re-manage.

So as one mac was left where it worked, I used this one till it crashed there as well. Changing in ViewNX with the small button to Nikon Transfer the program crashed. Restarting the program did not start up again, even with uninstall, reinstall, deleting the cashes etc.

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000252b6740
Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Now since I yesterday got the idea to open information and added administrator, it works.

Regards

Heinz

Vincèn
07-27-2010, 03:05 AM
well if it works in a different account on same mac, it's something in that account that is wrong, perhaps settings files or something like that :( Did u try to clean all settings files of ViewNX once uninstalled ?

Vincèn

hindenhaag
07-27-2010, 08:50 AM
I tried everything. Since I added admin it works fine.

The com.apple.main-thread seams to crash, but even apple helpdesk could help me. Many crashes of apple with different apps have this thread crashed. I have send the crash report to apple as well as to nikon. "ask the nikon apple visa versa was the answer".

Thx

Heinz

Vincèn
07-27-2010, 11:38 PM
I have send the crash report to apple as well as to nikon. "ask the nikon apple visa versa was the answer".
Well don't hope any help from Nikon about it as softwares are developed by Nik Software and they are not famous to develop good products for Mac OSX. I still don't understand why Capture NX2 takes so much time to display a NEF file on a powerful Mac computer :(

Vincèn