NN5 + Manfrotto 394 + 40D + Grip [Archive] - Nodal Ninja Forum

PDA

View Full Version : NN5 + Manfrotto 394 + 40D + Grip

Trico
07-12-2010, 08:21 AM
Hello to all, first post :-)

Soon I will be ordering a NN5 to use with a Canon 40D + Grip + EF-S 10-22. Since this grip has a tripod mount offset of about 5mm, I will be ordering the QR System as well.
However, I would like to keep using my Manfrotto 410 plates, since those are what I use with my 410 Geared Head. and keep one 410 plate attached to the grip. I also have a 394 Clamp (to use with the same 410 plates).

So my question is: How can I do it?

If it wasn't for the offset thing, I guess I could just attach the 394 Clamp to the NN camera plate (no need for the NN QR System).

How about mounting the 394 Clamp on a NN T-Adaptor (and then attach them on the upper arm)?

Hope someone can help me find the most stable and secure solution.

Thanks in advance,

Trico (Portugal)

nick fan
07-12-2010, 09:07 AM
Soon I will be ordering a NN5 to use with a Canon 40D + Grip + EF-S 10-22. Since this grip has a tripod mount offset of about 5mm, I will be ordering the QR System as well.

However, I would like to keep using my Manfrotto 410 plates, since those are what I use with my 410 Geared Head. and keep one 410 plate attached to the grip. I also have a 394 Clamp (to use with the same 410 plates).

How about mounting the 394 Clamp on a NN T-Adaptor (and then attach them on the upper arm)?

I don't have the 410 plate. The picture
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41kSb9ecqFL._SS400_.jpg
shows that your can slide the mounting screw in the plate. So you can try to mount the plate in a way that it fits the grip and correct the offset at the same time.
Alternatively, get a T-adapter and mount the Manfrotto QR system on the T-adapter with appropriate amount of off-set correction. You can ask to swap the T-adapter with the camera mounting plate without extra cost.

Anyhow, don't buy the QR system from us. It doesn't fit your purpose.

Nick

Trico
07-12-2010, 09:21 AM
Thank you Nick.

I think I'll go with the T-Adapter.

Thanks again for your prompt reply.

Trico