Park Ave, Arches National Park [Archive] - Nodal Ninja Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Park Ave, Arches National Park

robvg
03-24-2010, 07:31 AM
Here's a pano I shot in Park Ave, Arches National Park in Utah.
Definitely a very scenic place and lots of great photo ops.

http://panomonium.com/ParkAvenue.html

Hope you enjoy.

Rob

hindenhaag
03-24-2010, 07:45 AM
Rob,

thx for sharing another of your great shots. I like the place you haven chosen for the tripod, in between the sides of the valley, the possibility of the Louis XIV french view: the gate to the far away landscape. Shadows and the sunny site , nice colour. I like it..

Could you please add your exif data. I feel it might help people thinking to buy a new lens, to get a good decision by comparing different panoramas with different equipment.

I enjoyed Rob.

Heinz

Vincèn
03-24-2010, 07:49 AM
really nice place and pano :001_smile: keep up the good work :wink:

Vincèn

robvg
03-24-2010, 10:20 AM
Heinz,

Sure thing. Shot with Canon Xsi/450D with Tokina 10-17mm 1/60th @ F10 ISO 200 and bracketed +-2.

As an FYI I used to shoot using a Sigma F3.5 8mm fisheye but have recently added the Tokina and, in my opinion, the
Tokina gives superior results, especially re sharpness and, as an added bonus, it is quite a bit cheaper than the Sigma 8mm.

Cheers,
Rob

Bill Bailey
03-24-2010, 10:42 AM
I believe this is some of your best work yet!
Cheers
Bill

hindenhaag
03-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Thx Rob for your information.

When I see this, I believe it was a good choice to change to Tokina 10 - 17mm. Me too, I am disappointed from the sharpness of the Sigma. I will try to set up some example that people can compare lenses.

Might be I will change the Sigma. But first I will do some more tests.

Cheers,

Heinz

Bill Bailey
03-25-2010, 07:43 AM
I have yet to hear disappointment from anyone jumping from the Sigma 8 to Tokina 10-17.
If anyone has an old Sigma 8mm lens (Nikon or Canon) they would like to sell please contact me directly - bill-at-nodalninja-dot-com.
Bill