Quick release between head and rotator [Archive] - Nodal Ninja Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Quick release between head and rotator

waters
03-04-2010, 07:42 AM
Any plans afoot to incorporate some type of quick release between the pano head ( NN#, R1, R10 ) and the rotator / monopod? For the majority of panos the monopod / R# combo works beautifully. There are time when a tripod's stability is needed and in my laziness ( induced by the ease of R# ), I don't want to set up my NN#. It would be convenient to easily switch from monopod to rotator on tripod if there was some type of QR. Currently switching the R# to the rotator is time consuming. Just thinking!

Tim

nick fan
03-04-2010, 08:23 AM
Any plans afoot to incorporate some type of quick release between the pano head ( NN#, R1, R10 ) and the rotator / monopod? For the majority of panos the monopod / R# combo works beautifully. There are time when a tripod's stability is needed and in my laziness ( induced by the ease of R# ), I don't want to set up my NN#. It would be convenient to easily switch from monopod to rotator on tripod if there was some type of QR. Currently switching the R# to the rotator is time consuming. Just thinking!

Tim

Yes, I have been working on it. It will be out in a few months.

Nick

Vincèn
03-04-2010, 08:35 AM
Yes, I have been working on it. It will be out in a few months.

Gosh you think at everything :biggrin: Do you sleep sometimes ? :ohmy:

DemonDuck
03-04-2010, 10:39 AM

Tim

Another way is to buy a used NN3 and take the rotator off and fix it to the monopod directly. Rotate the monopod not the head.

nick fan
03-04-2010, 09:23 PM
Gosh you think at everything :biggrin: Do you sleep sometimes ? :ohmy:

It is not me who thinks at everything. It is many of our customers who find better way to use the equipment. So I just respond to their suggestion/ requests.
I am still working on some ideas which were given more than a year ago. So I am quite busy. :001_smile:

Nick

Vincèn
03-04-2010, 09:57 PM
It is not me who thinks at everything. It is many of our customers who find better way to use the equipment. So I just respond to their suggestion/ requests.
I am still working on some ideas which were given more than a year ago. So I am quite busy. :001_smile:

That's perfect, continue that way :wink: