PDA

View Full Version : My first professional panoramic tripod head!

VinkoCM
11-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Hello everybody!

I have just purchased my first panoramic tripod head: Nodal Ninja 3 MKII with RD3L 6-8-10 Rotator/EZ-Leveler-II! I am so excited I can barly wait! I bought it last Thursday and I can't stand waiting. I keep refreshing the tracking page of USPS every hour!.

I am new to panoramic photography but I have been fascinated with it for a long time now. I love the 360cities layer in Google Earth. I have tried to take hand held panoramas and even attempted at creating a head out of wood, but I never got any decent results.

So I finally decided to commit some money to my fascination and I purchased a very promising product. I can't wait to try it out.

For a beginner in this exciting photographic sector, does anybody mind sharing a few tips or suggestions?

Like I said before, I can't wait!

Bill Bailey
11-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Hi VinkoCM,
Nice combo - we can appreciate your passion - keep it alive!
Once you get you new pano head and have a chance to set it up and play it touch bases with us for tips and advise. And we hope you'll share some panoramas as well that we might suggest tweaks as you go. The learning curve may seem steep at first but once you're up and going it won't be long before shooting par with the pros.
Looking forward to hearing back soon.
Cheers
Bill

Bill Bailey
03-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Hello everybody!
I have just purchased my first panoramic tripod head: Nodal Ninja 3 MKII with RD3L 6-8-10 Rotator/EZ-Leveler-II! I am so excited I can barly wait! I bought it last Thursday and I can't stand waiting. I keep refreshing the tracking page of USPS every hour!.

I am new to panoramic photography but I have been fascinated with it for a long time now. I love the 360cities layer in Google Earth. I have tried to take hand held panoramas and even attempted at creating a head out of wood, but I never got any decent results.

So I finally decided to commit some money to my fascination and I purchased a very promising product. I can't wait to try it out.

For a beginner in this exciting photographic sector, does anybody mind sharing a few tips or suggestions?

Like I said before, I can't wait!

OK - you have your new Nodal Ninja for awhile now - let us know if it met your expectations.
cheers
Bill

VinkoCM
03-13-2010, 06:36 AM
Hey Bill,

Thanks for remembering me. Anyways, I am having a blast!!! I just came back on Wednesday from a 2 month trip to Argentina. I took with me the the Nodal Ninja and a Canon Rebel XSi I bought before going on the trip. Let me tell you that the nodal ninja and the camera were awesome! Unfortunately I did not travel much in the country. I spent most of my time working. But I did take a few panoramic images from my home. I just got back so I have not had much time to tweak the images and put them online, but once I do (I am thinking about a month because I am swamped with work) I will post them here.

The only issue I have been having is that it takes a long time to take all the images. I think I am doing everything correctly, but I end up needing to take over 30 images. The smallest focal length I have is 18mm. Does that sound about right.

Anyways, once I get some images stitched together, I will post them here.

Cheers