I was doing fine...not now...please help! [Archive] - Nodal Ninja Forum

PDA

View Full Version : I was doing fine...not now...please help!

Alkaye
10-19-2009, 06:44 PM
:confused1:

I have the Nikon d40, the Nikon fisheye 10.5 mm f2.8 and all was great... NOW...Most of the time..PTGUI cannot automatriclly find matfching points my panos when I stitch. I use 6 shots and have never had a problem....what can I do? I need a quick answer as i have a big shoot tommorow

Al

etegration
10-19-2009, 11:30 PM
Did you change anything on the upper/ lower rails/ setup of your NN? did you change anything in PTGui?

hindenhaag
10-20-2009, 12:14 AM
Hi Al,

maybe that you changed lens settings by accident or it is changed by exif data. I would check this at the first stage.

Heinz

Bill Bailey
10-20-2009, 07:02 AM
:confused1:
I have the Nikon d40, the Nikon fisheye 10.5 mm f2.8 and all was great... NOW...Most of the time..PTGUI cannot automatriclly find matfching points my panos when I stitch. I use 6 shots and have never had a problem....what can I do? I need a quick answer as i have a big shoot tommorow
Al

Hey Al,
Most importantly make sure your settings are correct:
NN3 w/Camera Plate - Lower rail =50mm Upper rail =84mm
NN5 w/Camera Plate - Lower rail =46mm Upper rail =84mm
Also make sure everything is set to manual - focus, aperture, shutter, white balance, ISO. Turn off image rotation in setup menu. Shoot at f8 or smaller. I recommend shooting in JPEG "and" RAW.
Then if PTGUI doesn't see control points you should still be able to manually insert a few for the program to stitch.
Let us know how you go.
Bill

John Houghton
10-20-2009, 07:43 AM
It's most unlikely that the panohead settings have anything to do with the lack of success with automatic control point assignment. If the images stitch fine with manual control points, then the cause must lie elsewhere. Try some similar old sets of images and see how well the current PTGui does with those. You might also see if the autopano plugin is any better. Are you shooting the row of images any differently - e.g. different pitch? Are the latest images any different in terms of general quality - e.g. sharpness and noise, and are there lots of potential features for control points?

John