PDA

View Full Version : >>>>>NEW NODAL NINJA WEBSITE<<<<<

Bill Bailey
09-16-2009, 07:23 PM
Well it&#039;s finally complete - visit the NEW Nodal Ninja website
http://www.nodalninja.com/

Building websites is not my strong point by any stretch of the imagination, plus I had to attempt learning enough of Dreamweaver to get it going.
I hope you find the new website is more informative. We have a product selector, tutorials and much more information on our growing product line.
The older website was seriously lacking in product information so we thank you for you patience - it&#039;s been a long time coming.

Your comments are welcomed and PLEASE let me know if you find any bugs, typos, or errors.

Cheers

Bill

riefa
09-16-2009, 08:09 PM
Well it&#039;s finally complete - visit the NEW Nodal Ninja website
http://www.nodalninja.com/

Congratulations on the new website Bill...:wink:

I ain&#039;t an expert on website thingy, but want to give some comments:
1. the button (Home, Product, etc) position seems a bit awkward. I prefer to put it above the panorama image and stretch it out so its aligned properly with the width of the panorama image...:001_smile:
2. The new look is more "fresh" with white background...:wink:
3. To much information at the left frame (Latest news, etc.), prefer to just give a link to another page which shows the Awards & Reviews, Testimonial, etc. For the Sponsorship & Recommended software, i prefer to put it on the bottom of the page...:001_smile:

Cheers,
Riefa

robvg
09-16-2009, 08:35 PM
Congratulations on the new website, you have done an excellent job, especially when you consider you had to learn Dreamweaver from scratch.
Now maybe you can get some sleep :biggrin:

Only suggestion I would make is to make the banner, where you use the panorama and menu, the same as on the home page.
On the home page the menu is on a blue background and has the Nodal Ninja Panoramic Tripod Heads and Accessories above it.
IM (hell of a big H) O it would be better it the banner/menu were consistent on pages where the banner and menu is used.

Once again, well done.

Cheers
Rob

Bill Bailey
09-16-2009, 08:39 PM
thx for comments - I&#039;ll be taking them all under advisement. The website is getting a lot of traffic hits at the moment so there may be some intermittent outages.
thx
Bill

Vincèn
09-16-2009, 09:50 PM
Wow congratulations Bill, really impressed by the new website, it&#039;s really nice, more complete with more infos and details and a lot easier to find his way in it :001_smile:

Vinc?®n

Bill Bailey
09-16-2009, 10:14 PM
I have much more stuff to add through time. Thought this to be good bones to start with and didn&#039;t want to make it too flash (no pun intended).
And if you didn&#039;t notice Leanna only plays once on initial load so you don&#039;t have to worry about repeat performances, however there&#039;s a link on the bottom of the home page if you want to wind her up and play it again.
thx
Bill

ps - I know the site works well on Firefox and IE - comments from Safari users and other web browsers appreciated.

hindenhaag
09-16-2009, 11:07 PM
Hi Bill,

great job and i know myself what it means to learn adobes programs from the real start and to set up such a thing.

Sorry to say, i can reach it from firefox, but not with safari. Safari always opens the old site.

congratulation

Heinz

Vincèn
09-16-2009, 11:19 PM
ps - I know the site works well on Firefox and IE - comments from Safari users and other web browsers appreciated.

I&#039;m sorry to confirm you it works great also with Safari 4 running on Snow Leopard :001_smile: Concerning Leanna, I confirm it appears juste once at initial loading website, but not each time you change page, which is perfect in my idea :wink:

Vinc?®n

Wim.Koornneef
09-16-2009, 11:20 PM
Hello Bill,

I was supprised when Leanna welcomed me when I entered the website.
This welcome is setting the standard for the high quality of the new website and its content.
Well done.

Best,
Wim

gibie
09-16-2009, 11:25 PM
Hi Bill,

Very nice new design with a lot of new technical information of products !! :001_smile:

discocandy
09-17-2009, 12:01 AM
Hi Bill.
thanks for adding my object movie.!!
Website look smart!
I only miss Carel on the frontpage!!
He belonged there for so long I&#039;ll miss him :001_cool:

jmardy
09-17-2009, 01:13 AM
Hi Bill,
It&#039;s looking great.
I do have a few comments -I&#039;m in a very similar situation, I&#039;ve been staying up until 2AM every night using Dreamweaver to build my site www.safermoto.com and I know just enough to be dangerous...
My thoughts:
-I&#039;m not a fan of websites that start talking to me automatically. I don&#039;t mind the option but I would rather it default to not playing.
She&#039;&#039;s a pretty girl, people will rollover her to see what she&#039;s about. ;-)

-The navigation buttons at the top require you to wait for the drop-down then choose a selection. I clicked on "Products" but nothing happened. Maybe you can have it default to the Product Selector if you click "Products".

-Do you know about W3C Validator?:
http://validator.w3.org/
The main page has 75 errors in it.
Not necessarily a problem but it might be worth looking into. There are some good HTML Tidy programs out there too, BBEdit has one too.

-Clicking on the banner picture (http://www.nodalninja.com/siteassistpro_images/765x122.gif) should take you to the index.html page

These guys have some great scripts:
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/

I used their animate collapse:
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/animatedcollapse.htm

to make my Products page more compact:
www.safermoto.com/products

Keep up the good work!
-John

jmardy
09-17-2009, 01:22 AM
OS X 10.5.8 and Safari 4.0.3
Leanna video doesn&#039;t show. Audio works though. If I click her :ohmy: a new window opens up and audio and video play.

Terrywoodenpic
09-17-2009, 04:10 AM
Looks good
For a new work in progress it is excellent.
Much cleaner than previous site.

Terrywoodenpic
09-17-2009, 07:24 AM
I am surprised you don&#039;t Recommend any of Max Lyons Software

PTAssembler ....Ideal for Mosaics and Gigapixel images and standard non 360x180 pans
TufusePro... For Focus and Exposure fusion.
And now PTAutomate ...for speeding up the production queue of large numbers of pano projects.

Bill Bailey
09-17-2009, 07:39 AM
Hi Bill.
thanks for adding my object movie.!!
Website look smart!
I only miss Carel on the frontpage!!
He belonged there for so long I&#039;ll miss him :001_cool:

Thank YOU - and Carel is back :-)
Bill

Wim.Koornneef
09-17-2009, 07:44 AM
On my MacBookPro with OSX 10.5.8 and Intel iMac with OSX 10.6.1, both with Safari 4.0.3 Leanna graciously walks into the home page when entering the website.
Why she don&#039;t show up on all Macs is an issue that is hard to tackle, the reason can be at the user side, a server hiccup, a network router, etc, so IMO there is not much that can be done to solve this issue.
The most important thing to know that it is not related to a specific OS (OSX) or browser (Safari).
My advice; clear the browsers cache (under menu Safari), do a fresh computer startup and try it again.

Wim

OS X 10.5.8 and Safari 4.0.3
Leanna video doesn&#039;t show. Audio works though. If I click her :ohmy: a new window opens up and audio and video play.

Bill Bailey
09-17-2009, 07:45 AM
Hi Bill,
It&#039;s looking great.
I do have a few comments -I&#039;m in a very similar situation, I&#039;ve been staying up until 2AM every night using Dreamweaver to build my site www.safermoto.com and I know just enough to be dangerous...
My thoughts:
-I&#039;m not a fan of websites that start talking to me automatically. I don&#039;t mind the option but I would rather it default to not playing.
She&#039;&#039;s a pretty girl, people will rollover her to see what she&#039;s about. ;-)

-The navigation buttons at the top require you to wait for the drop-down then choose a selection. I clicked on "Products" but nothing happened. Maybe you can have it default to the Product Selector if you click "Products".

-Do you know about W3C Validator?:
http://validator.w3.org/
The main page has 75 errors in it.
Not necessarily a problem but it might be worth looking into. There are some good HTML Tidy programs out there too, BBEdit has one too.

-Clicking on the banner picture (http://www.nodalninja.com/siteassistpro_images/765x122.gif) should take you to the index.html page

These guys have some great scripts:
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/

I used their animate collapse:
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/animatedcollapse.htm

to make my Products page more compact:
www.safermoto.com/products

Keep up the good work!
-John

Hi John,
Your website is stunning! It helps to showcase what is possible with DW.
Being a beginner on all this I can only make minor changes here and there. As I learn more on this hole DW thing the errors you spotted will slowly disappear (hopefully).
The girl only plays once and feedback on her is good thus far. I also have a version of her for the store but not sure yet if I am happy with what she says - may need changing.
The menu is rollover initially and others have mentioned same. Nav bars are a bit more tricky for me and I&#039;ll look at changing this a little later.
Thanks again for the feedback.

Bill

Bill Bailey
09-17-2009, 07:50 AM
Hello Bill,
I was supprised when Leanna welcomed me when I entered the website.
This welcome is setting the standard for the high quality of the new website and its content.
Well done.
Best,
Wim

Hey Wim,
Appreciate the feedback. For those that don&#039;t see her nothing really lost but a bit of eye candy. A good percentage of our visitors are unique first timers and I thought the intro to be appropriate (unless you forget to turn down your speaker volume.
thx
Bill

pkornuta
09-17-2009, 10:16 AM
Great job! It really looks good. My only suggestion would be something a little different with the camera settings page. Maybe a PDF so you can print it out and take it with you on the road.

Paul

Bill Bailey
09-17-2009, 02:04 PM
Great job! It really looks good. My only suggestion would be something a little different with the camera settings page. Maybe a PDF so you can print it out and take it with you on the road.

Paul

Hi Paul - appreciate the feedback. On the settings most folks never use more than 1, 2 or 3 lenses for their panoramas so it&#039;s easier to write multiple settings on a piece of tape then stick your NN. Beats printing out the pages. You could also screen capture the settings you need.
thx
Bill

Bill Bailey
09-17-2009, 06:05 PM
Leanna will no longer grace the screen - at least not from the one time auto-walk on feature. To see her visitors will need to click on her image at bottom of home page.
We had a report of her coming on continually with a Safari user and we want to keep our Mac users happy :001_smile:
thx
Bill

Vincèn
09-17-2009, 11:37 PM
We had a report of her coming on continually with a Safari user and we want to keep our Mac users happy :001_smile:

Thanks for Mac user :biggrin:

psj
09-18-2009, 11:22 PM
thx
Bill

Yeah, I heard that Mac users are attractive bunch :biggrin:

Great site BTW

psj
09-18-2009, 11:27 PM
Oops. Forgot to tell you that links to recommended software easypano and ptgui do not link.

hindenhaag
09-19-2009, 12:13 AM
Hi Bill,

thanks for changing the appearance of leanna for all us mac users. Everytime i went back to Home, she began to talk again without seeing her. Was a bit annoying.

Thanks for changing this and good luck for all the rest. Cause of a great number of fans i am sure you will get the information about bugs etc very soon. And be sure, we enjoy your site even in this first stage of development.

Once again cheers,

Heinz

Cause we read, listen, and send hints :wink:

Bill Bailey
09-19-2009, 08:05 AM
Oops. Forgot to tell you that links to recommended software easypano and ptgui do not link.

fixed - thx

Bill Bailey
09-19-2009, 08:19 AM
Hi Bill,
thanks for changing the appearance of leanna for all us mac users. Everytime i went back to Home, she began to talk again without seeing her. Was a bit annoying.
Thanks for changing this and good luck for all the rest. Cause of a great number of fans i am sure you will get the information about bugs etc very soon. And be sure, we enjoy your site even in this first stage of development.
Once again cheers,
Heinz
Cause we read, listen, and send hints :wink:

Lot&#039;s of Mac users out there - makes up for about 25% of our visitors so it&#039;s important we keep everyone happy. :wink:
Bill