PDA

View Full Version : Wrong size mounting-plate screw for NN5.

NLAlston
06-24-2009, 10:13 PM
Well...I had thought that the fun was really about to begin - what with the earlier arrival of my NN5, but find that there is a little setback. The mounting screw on my tripod's quick-release plate is the wrong size (too small) for the female acceptor on the underside of the RD/16. Following, are two photos of the plate. I know that the photos won't afford determination as to what the screw size is, but maybe it will serve to illustrate - to someone from the company - what type of plate I would need to get, when the proper screw size has been learned.

NLAlston
06-24-2009, 10:25 PM
Please disregard my initial post, above.

I was attempting to setup the NN5 directly on my tripod. I had forgotten all about the EZ-leveler ll, while trying that. I found, however, that the concerned screw posed no problem on mating with the female connector on the bottom of the leveler. So, it looks as if I am in business anyway :001_smile:.

Bill Bailey
06-25-2009, 09:37 AM
Some quick release systems like the one you show in the image do have little annoying index pins that protrude. Many times you can punch these pins through with a little center punch or pull out with pliers. We would never suggest breaking it off however.

NLAlston
06-25-2009, 12:13 PM
Some quick release systems like the one you show in the image do have little annoying index pins that protrude. Many times you can punch these pins through with a little center punch or pull out with pliers. We would never suggest breaking it off however.

Hi Bill.

You know, I never really considered what usage that pin might be good for, and (though the pin itself wasn't what had posed a hurdle for me) I may indeed look into punching it out. I am just thankful that the leveler saved the day for me.