questions for canon 50D / canon 10-22 [Archive] - Nodal Ninja Forum

PDA

View Full Version : questions for canon 50D / canon 10-22

dougwphoto
06-06-2009, 10:01 PM
I am using the nn3 mk II, with the R-D16 with the canon 50d and canon 10-22. I have read in another post that 104.5 is the correct setting for the 10-22 when it is set at 10mm, is this accurate? Also, would I get better results at a higher mm, maybe with less lens distortion? If so, what should the settings be

Does anyone use this same set up? What do you recommend I have the R-D16 set at for the rotation stops?

Basically I am just looking for any other advice anyone would have, maybe from someone with this same set up. I have read in another post someone said they were unable to shoot straight up with the nn3... but I am able to shoot straight up with the 50d and 10-22 ... so wondering if 104.5 is right or not.

John Houghton
06-06-2009, 10:30 PM
The Nodal Ninja settings database gives 100mm for the upper rail setting. Obviously both figures cannot be right for your camera. I suggest you check for parallax at one of the settings and if it is eliminated then the setting is right, and if it isn't it isn't. Asdjust until it is! see http://www.johnhpanos.com/epcalib.htm.

John