Possible to disable default 10/12 degree detent ring on NN5L? [Archive] - Nodal Ninja Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Possible to disable default 10/12 degree detent ring on NN5L?

DonBurch
06-04-2009, 05:41 PM
The NN5L info page says "Detent rings and/or upper rotator stops can be disabled on the fly without any tool."

Does this mean the detent ring on the NN5L can be disabled similar to that of the NN3 MKII? I would be interested in sometimes disabling the default 10/12 degree detent ring so that I could manually choose movements other than 10 or 12 degrees.

nick fan
06-04-2009, 07:02 PM
The NN5L info page says "Detent rings and/or upper rotator stops can be disabled on the fly without any tool."

Does this mean the detent ring on the NN5L can be disabled similar to that of the NN3 MKII? I would be interested in sometimes disabling the default 10/12 degree detent ring so that I could manually choose movements other than 10 or 12 degrees.

just loosen the detent pluger knob by a few turns, then you can rotate freely without any detent. Don't loosen the detent plunger knob too much, or it may come off. :wink:

Nick