EZ-Leveler-II and NN5: how to unmount? [Archive] - Nodal Ninja Forum

PDA

View Full Version : EZ-Leveler-II and NN5: how to unmount?

cecilia
05-20-2009, 05:53 AM
Hi everybody,

I've just received my new NN5, R8 and Leveler head and I'm really happy with the whole equipment.
There's one thing that I just couldn't figure out how to do without risking ruining the R8 gears, and that is unscrewing the Leveler for travelling in it's original case.

I feel soooooo stupid!!!! Can anyone point me towards what must be an obvious solution?

Thanks!

hindenhaag
05-20-2009, 09:28 AM
Hi Cecilia,

i keep the leveler fixed to the tripod and only take off the N5 from the leveler. The tripod with the leveler on top fixes nicely into the new manfrotto tripod baskets, which even can take a
three-way head on top of the tripod. Might be this is a solution for you.

I am sure you will have fun with your new equipment.

Heinz

cecilia
05-20-2009, 10:25 AM
Hi Heinz,

I'm having a blast with the new equipment :biggrin:

My only problem is with the R8 head attached to the leveler. I will be taking too many planes to carry the tripod head in one piece, and would feel a lot more comfortable fitting everything back in its case.
Problem is, the R8 rotation makes it impossible to de-attach it from the leveler, at least not without the risk of breaking something, which I'm not willing to take.
Do you know if there's a lock besides the detent plungers that I could use to unscrew the R8 from the leveler?

Thanks for the help!

Ce

hindenhaag
05-20-2009, 10:47 AM
Hi Cecilia,

Sorry, now i think i got your problem. Fix the lock screw from the rotator tight, the big blue one. This will stop the rotator moving around. Try to hold the rotator as close as possible next to the leveler and start to unscrew. Do not fix the rotator and the leveler too heavy together.

Did this solve your problem??

Heinz

cecilia
05-21-2009, 06:53 AM
I'll try to do that.
I just don't want to ruin the locking mechanism by tightening the screw too hard

Thanks for the tip!

Ce

cecilia
05-21-2009, 06:54 AM
It worked!!!!!

Now I'll be sure not to tightening it too much the next time :biggrin:

hindenhaag
05-21-2009, 09:30 AM
:wink:

Happy you are out of your problem....

Heinz