L Bracket [Archive] - Nodal Ninja Forum

PDA

View Full Version : L Bracket

newboy
04-16-2009, 01:24 AM
Unlike most out there, I am not that interested in producing multi-row 360 photographs or VRTs. If I shoot a 360 it is to give me various options for my 110-130 deg shot. I use the NN180 (which was a replacement for my Metz 45 flash bracket) and am more than happy. It does what I need, when I need it with the minimum of fuss and setup. There are times, very occasionally, when portrait mode would be useful. I get over the problem at the moment by placing a bean bag on the NN180 and just panning around. An "L" bracket would be better, so I was wondering if any were due to appear from the pipeline in the future?

Terrywoodenpic
04-16-2009, 02:39 AM
Some might find that handy ... but it would need to be adjustable to set the various bodies and lenses over the centre line.

nick fan
04-16-2009, 08:46 AM
Unlike most out there, I am not that interested in producing multi-row 360 photographs or VRTs. If I shoot a 360 it is to give me various options for my 110-130 deg shot. I use the NN180 (which was a replacement for my Metz 45 flash bracket) and am more than happy. It does what I need, when I need it with the minimum of fuss and setup. There are times, very occasionally, when portrait mode would be useful. I get over the problem at the moment by placing a bean bag on the NN180 and just panning around. An "L" bracket would be better, so I was wondering if any were due to appear from the pipeline in the future?

Indeed I was developing it. I met some problem and failed to keep the cost down. So I partially give it up.
What camera do you plan to use? There are L-brackets for specific cameras from RRS and kirk photo. You can mount an Arca Style clamp on NN180 and mount the camera in either direction. This is costly though.

Nick