NN3 MKII quick release options with Nikon D300 and 10.5 lens [Archive] - Nodal Ninja Forum

PDA

View Full Version : NN3 MKII quick release options with Nikon D300 and 10.5 lens

Nagoyajin
03-16-2009, 06:00 PM
I initially was considering using a Markins Quick Shoe QR48 and P300U Plate and came here to confirm whether it was a suitable combination to use with the NN3. As I've been perusing the discussions about quick release solutions, I'm becoming more confused rather than less confused. I've seen it repeated many times that it's not recommended to use QR systems with NN3 and the NN5 should be used instead. However even on the Nodal Ninja Store site, the quick release system is listed under accessories for the NN3. Some of the solutions suggest various accessory plates that can be used with various systems to get a workable solution.

Assuming that I currently have or use no QR system, what specific components are known to work for the D300 with 10.5 lens combination?
Will the Nodal Ninja QR system work for this? If so do I need to get one of the thinner mounting plates in addition?

nick fan
03-17-2009, 01:52 AM
I initially was considering using a Markins Quick Shoe QR48 and P300U Plate and came here to confirm whether it was a suitable combination to use with the NN3. As I've been perusing the discussions about quick release solutions, I'm becoming more confused rather than less confused. I've seen it repeated many times that it's not recommended to use QR systems with NN3 and the NN5 should be used instead. However even on the Nodal Ninja Store site, the quick release system is listed under accessories for the NN3. Some of the solutions suggest various accessory plates that can be used with various systems to get a workable solution.

Assuming that I currently have or use no QR system, what specific components are known to work for the D300 with 10.5 lens combination?
Will the Nodal Ninja QR system work for this? If so do I need to get one of the thinner mounting plates in addition?

Due to limited size of NN3II, the compatibility of QR is camera and lens depending. To cut the answer short for you, we are releasing new low profile Arca Swiss compatible QR clamp for NNs. it will work for D300 on NN3II and will be a lot cheaper than Markin QR48. It is compatible with Markins, RRS, Kirk plates.

Nick

Nagoyajin
03-19-2009, 08:29 PM
This is good news. When do you expect to make the low-profile clamps available?

andybryant
05-24-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm also interested for a Canon 500D. Any news on when this is due to be available?

Andy.