PDA

View Full Version : Problem with NN180... would it be a lemon ?

Huahine31
03-10-2009, 04:25 AM
Hi,
I have just purchased a brand new NN180. I have made many diffrent tests to find the right nodal point. I'm using a sigma 8mm with a nikon D3.
The problem is its easy to get the aim or direction of the camera lens out of alignment with the Rail, that's Yaw. The camera & lens can easily be a aimed a little to the left or right of the direction of the rail.
I have tried many diffrent things to do it correctly, but just one degree at left or right and the parrallax can't be corrected !!
I have never had such problems with my older head... a bad handmade one... but never had parallax like this !!
Would you have a technical solution ? or should I find someone who could bought my new NN180.... :'(
Thanks in advance,
Eric.

discocandy
03-10-2009, 04:53 AM
Why use the NN180 with a 8mm??
the NN180 is better for use with less wider lenses for a spherical panorama better to use a NN3 or NN5..
and the nn180 for creating normal 180 panorama's
But that is my opinion.

I use a quickerelease on my NN3 and that works pretty well. you still can move it a tiny little bit but then I would need force to do so.

Bill Bailey
03-10-2009, 04:01 PM
Hi,
I have just purchased a brand new NN180. I have made many diffrent tests to find the right nodal point. I'm using a sigma 8mm with a nikon D3.
The problem is its easy to get the aim or direction of the camera lens out of alignment with the Rail, that's Yaw. The camera & lens can easily be a aimed a little to the left or right of the direction of the rail.
I have tried many diffrent things to do it correctly, but just one degree at left or right and the parrallax can't be corrected !!
I have never had such problems with my older head... a bad handmade one... but never had parallax like this !!
Would you have a technical solution ? or should I find someone who could bought my new NN180.... :'(
Thanks in advance,
Eric.

Hi Eric,
Welcome to the forum.
We haven't had any NN180's returned as of yet so I'm sure it's a simply fix.
Are you using a camera mounting plate?
It is difficult to understand the problem you are having without seeing an image of your setup. Can you please send us an picture of your setup - preferably side on?
thx
Bill