NN5 Upper Rail Scratches easy? [Archive] - Nodal Ninja Forum

PDA

View Full Version : NN5 Upper Rail Scratches easy?

opticalmedia1
02-21-2009, 10:00 AM
I have just received my NN5 Pano Head with the RD-16 Rotator and Im very happy with the way it works. I took my time to learn how to set it up properly however I have found that the New Arca Style QR plate bracket's screw plate(with the cork) often comes loose. When adjusting my camera lens for the optimum Nodal point the loosening and tightening of the plate and moving it back and forward causes the screw plate to come loose which has now left an ugly and course scratch on the inside of my upper Rail. Now I can live with that however being as I spend over almost $600 for it im kind of upset about it specially as I have hardly used it. It is such a beautiful piece of machinery and seeing the sleight damage is a bit of an eye sore that I will get over soon enough. So this is just to mention what I have experienced with your newest setup and I hope this serves as a little word of caution to those about to setup. Otherwise I'm totally thrilled with my purchase and I am very interested in selling the the Nodal Ninja Line down here

Mike

Cape Town, South Africa

nick fan
02-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Hi Mike,

Do you mean this QR?

http://store.nodalninja.com/product_p/qrs-2.htm

you can use a screw driver to tighten the adapter screws more. This will prevent its loosening. Let me know if it works.

Nick

opticalmedia1
02-22-2009, 01:06 AM
Hi Nick,

Yes that is the one. Even though I did tighten it really tight, from time to time it comes loose especially when tightening loosening and sliding a lot while configuring for the nodal Point.

Perhaps the conversion screw with a little rubber washer/coating on the tip would secure it better? just a thought....

Mike

Bill Bailey
02-22-2009, 06:17 AM
It is such a beautiful piece of machinery and seeing the sleight damage is a bit of an eye sore that I will get over soon enough. So this is just to mention what I have experienced with your newest setup and I hope this serves as a little word of caution to those about to setup. Otherwise I'm totally thrilled with my purchase and I am very interested in selling the the Nodal Ninja Line down here
Mike
Cape Town, South Africa

Hey Mike,
I understand your concerns. Like buying a new car we always dread that first scratch. Nodal Ninja is a mechanical device and designed for many years of hard use. It WILL stand the test of time. But Nick always listens to customer concerns and product experiences and continually seeks to improve upon design.
To help ease the pain of the first scratch, and given the fact you bought our top of the line head, I went in and refunded an additional $25 off your order.
Also if you are interested in reselling in SA (good region) please touch bases with me - bill[at]nodalninja[dot]com.
thx
Bill

opticalmedia1
02-22-2009, 07:15 AM
Hey Mike,
I understand your concerns. Like buying a new car we always dread that first scratch. Nodal Ninja is a mechanical device and designed for many years of hard use. It WILL stand the test of time. But Nick always listens to customer concerns and product experiences and continually seeks to improve upon design.
To help ease the pain of the first scratch, and given the fact you bought our top of the line head, I went in and refunded an additional $25 off your order.
Also if you are interested in reselling in SA (good region) please touch bases with me - bill[at]nodalninja[dot]com.
thx
Bill

Well what can I say? Last thing I expected was a credit to my account from you bill - So thank you very much! You do take customer service to the next level and I'm humbled by this experience. Yes exactly like the first scratch on the new car. Anyway I will be in direct contact with you as soon as my feet touch the ground with regards to importing the Fanotec line of products

Thanks again

Michael

nick fan
02-22-2009, 08:16 AM
Hi Nick,

Yes that is the one. Even though I did tighten it really tight, from time to time it comes loose especially when tightening loosening and sliding a lot while configuring for the nodal Point.

Perhaps the conversion screw with a little rubber washer/coating on the tip would secure it better? just a thought....

Mike

hmm, I will see how it can be improved. since most people won't need to change the location of the screw, I may include some thread locker in the future.

nick