3 Panos from a Ski Jump competition [Archive] - Nodal Ninja Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 3 Panos from a Ski Jump competition

spyboy
02-18-2009, 06:45 AM
I went to a ski jump competition over the weekend, and the event organizes let me climb the jump tower to shoot a pano at the starting point.

I then shot one under the ramp so show the size of it.

The third pano is from the side of the landing area, as a progression showing a jumper coming in for a landing :001_smile:

http://www.mosscreekmedia.com/?tag=/brattleboro

Kirk

Serhan
02-18-2009, 12:04 PM
Hi Kirk,

Really nice panos from you again... Could you tell us which equipments did you use for those shots..?

Thanks,
Serhan

spyboy
02-18-2009, 05:16 PM
The top of the jump and the underside of the jump were with my 5D Mk II.

The side shot with the multiple shots of the jumper were with my 40D (because it can burst at 6.5fps for 10 seconds)

Lens was a 8mm Sigma fisheye, and all was mounted on a NN5.

Serhan
02-21-2009, 05:38 PM
Hi Kirk,

Thanks for information...

Serhan

Castillonis
02-22-2009, 12:16 AM
Kirk,

Great job. I love the compositing of the jumper sequence with the 360 degree panoramic.

syzmix
03-21-2009, 03:24 AM
How the hell do you compose that jumper into the VR, I'm really new to Panoramic photography and don't have my own software yet but but I'm a graphic designer and I just cant work out how its all stitched together without a heap of work done in photoshop first?

Can any one explain how these are done?

spyboy
03-21-2009, 05:46 PM
It was a bunch of photoshop masking, took me a while.

How the hell do you compose that jumper into the VR, I'm really new to Panoramic photography and don't have my own software yet but but I'm a graphic designer and I just cant work out how its all stitched together without a heap of work done in photoshop first?

Can any one explain how these are done?

rockymtns99
03-24-2009, 10:15 AM
Kirk,

These are so cool. I love the shot with the ski jumper.

Keep up the great work.

Steve

riefa
05-25-2009, 04:37 AM
Kirk, this is awesome..:001_smile:

lookin forward to see more of your panos..:wink:

Cheers,
Riefa

nick fan
05-25-2009, 10:01 AM
I went to a ski jump competition over the weekend, and the event organizes let me climb the jump tower to shoot a pano at the starting point.

I then shot one under the ramp so show the size of it.

The third pano is from the side of the landing area, as a progression showing a jumper coming in for a landing :001_smile:

http://www.mosscreekmedia.com/?tag=/brattleboro

Kirk

Hi Kirk,

Excellent action panos!

Nick