PDA

View Full Version : locking rotator ?

aiwetir
02-12-2009, 11:40 PM
hey guys,

i'm in need of a rotator that locks for shooting from poles, both horizontal and vertical. i know you probably won't recommend it, but i'm more than likely going to use it with a 'ring' type lens mount on my nikon 10.5. now i'm also thinking that i don't even need a rotator if i'm rotating a pole, but i also intend to use the nn3 i have with the rotator, so i may as well get one that is multipurpose. do your new rotators lock ?

mmm
http://pdxvr.com

badders
02-13-2009, 12:16 AM
Get one of the new R-D8 or R-D16 bases as they both lock.

nick fan
02-13-2009, 01:18 AM
hey guys,

i'm in need of a rotator that locks for shooting from poles, both horizontal and vertical. i know you probably won't recommend it, but i'm more than likely going to use it with a 'ring' type lens mount on my nikon 10.5. now i'm also thinking that i don't even need a rotator if i'm rotating a pole, but i also intend to use the nn3 i have with the rotator, so i may as well get one that is multipurpose. do your new rotators lock ?

mmm
http://pdxvr.com

if you intend to use fisheye lens only, Get the R-D4. It has 4 detent options for 2,3,4,6 stops. It is smaller than the R-D8/16, thus has a smaller footprint.
Also we will have a few lens ring options fitted for your purpose. :-)

Nick

aiwetir
02-15-2009, 01:11 PM
lens ring options....

tell me more! i didn't want to have to get a 360p

nick fan
02-16-2009, 09:27 PM
lens ring options....

tell me more! i didn't want to have to get a 360p

we will soon have a much more versatile ring option. I can't say more until I announce it.

nick

aiwetir
02-17-2009, 12:01 AM
ok but i need one in either 3 or 7 weeks, depending on my travel schedule, any chance of having one by then ?

nick fan
02-17-2009, 07:24 AM
ok but i need one in either 3 or 7 weeks, depending on my travel schedule, any chance of having one by then ?

you can probably get one of the prototypes. :biggrin:

NB. this model is for single row only. Since fov of 10.5mm is very limited, zenith shot off the bracket is needed and it is off the NPP. So it is for out door pano only. fisheye with larger fov can go away with the zenith shot and will be good for indoor too.

Nick