PDA

View Full Version : Camera plates - suggestion

1drey
01-20-2009, 02:16 AM
Why not to produce body-specific camera plates?
It would greatly increase the repeatability of camera positioning and approached NN5+RD(x) setups to the templatability.

Nikon D200 and D300 which I used with NN stuff require minor modifications of current camera plate design - enlarge it a little and add a pin! It would increase the production cost on a couple of bucks, which I (and many customers) would gladly pay.

What do you think?

Vincèn
01-20-2009, 02:29 AM
Hi,

It would be nice but it would mean so much different plates according to vast markets of DSLR avalaible today !

My two cent idea :001_smile:

Vinc?®n

nick fan
01-20-2009, 03:31 AM
Why not to produce body-specific camera plates?
It would greatly increase the repeatability of camera positioning and approached NN5+RD(x) setups to the templatability.

Nikon D200 and D300 which I used with NN stuff require minor modifications of current camera plate design - enlarge it a little and add a pin! It would increase the production cost on a couple of bucks, which I (and many customers) would gladly pay.

What do you think?

I am working on them.

Nick

1drey
01-20-2009, 05:42 AM
Nick, this is great!
I agree to beta-test it :001_smile:

Vinc?®n - it is not necessary to make plates for all every existing model.
Major Nikons and Canons would be sufficient. The rest can live with present 'generic' plate :001_smile:

Nikon D200 and D300 have same pin position. Suspect that D3(X) has the same pin position too.

Canon users can comment on their cameras - I owuld be surprised to discover that Canon engineers not smart enough to use 'standdard' (for their products) pin position.

Vincèn
01-20-2009, 05:54 AM
Vinc?®n - it is not necessary to make plates for all every existing model.
Major Nikons and Canons would be sufficient. The rest can live with present 'generic' plate :001_smile:

Yep you are right, probably most models of a company have same plates :001_smile: I'd like also to beta test if there is something to test :biggrin:

Vinc?®n

scarecrow
01-20-2009, 07:15 AM
don't forget sony dslr's :001_smile: