PDA

View Full Version : RC2 QR + Plate adjustment

pico23
01-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Well here is the thing. I figured out my nodal points for a handful of lenes. Then I get the RC2 QR from Nodal Ninja (works and looks great!!) and realize I need to redo my nodal points.

My basic adjustment seems to be about 6mm for the B setting. The A setting was about 10mm and much easier to figure out. but I was wondering if there is an exact # someone calculated (ie more precisely than myself) for the offset of the NN3 with the RC2 and QR plate for the B setting.

Thanks in advance, this information could/should be very useful to future buyers of the NN3 and a RC2.

nick fan
01-11-2009, 07:42 PM
Actually, you can use other feature on the camera/lens as a reference. So mount the camera and lens using camera mounting plate. Find a position on the lens/ camera, use a ruler, square card paper/ plastic etc to measure its reading on the upper rail setting. Using the QR instead and adjust this position to the same reading.

Nick

slerman
01-12-2009, 06:45 AM
On my setup the QRC2 centerline is 4.5mm back from the centerline on the Gitzo QR plate. I'm just subtracting that from previous rail #s. The other rail is easy. Just set up the camera with the QRC2 and a wide angle and align the center focus point looking down.