PDA

View Full Version : Which Pano Head?

Tri3
09-30-2008, 12:27 PM
Here is what I have.

Canon 40D
Sigma 8mm Fisheye Lens
Gitzo Carbon Tripod

I want to take 4 shot panos mostly for Real Estate jobs. Why would I want the Ninja 5 over the 3 if I am only looking to do 4 shot panos?

=================================================

While I have you here what are you guys doing to set your white balance?

What are people finding really works for them?

Warm Cards like these - www.vortexmedia.com/

Digital Calibration Targets - www.photovisionvideo.com/store/shop.mvc?Screen=CT...;Category_Code=DCT

Expodisc
www.expoimaging.net/product-overview.php?cat_id=1...;keywords=ExpoDisc

Plain Piece of White Paper

Macro
09-30-2008, 05:46 PM
While I have you here what are you guys doing to set your white balance?

I use a WhiBal
http://www.rawworkflow.com/whibal/

Like any WB tool, it will not give perfect results every time.
But it's a good starting point.

David

Bill Bailey
10-01-2008, 05:54 AM
Here is what I have.
Canon 40D
Sigma 8mm Fisheye Lens
Gitzo Carbon Tripod
I want to take 4 shot panos mostly for Real Estate jobs. Why would I want the Ninja 5 over the 3 if I am only looking to do 4 shot panos?

Hey Tri3,
The NN5 is overkill for your listed equipment. Unless you need to use a battery grip or have plans on using much longer focal length lengths (approx 40mm+) the NN3 MKII will work without limitation. Also if only doing 4 shot single row pano's the NN180 would be even a better choice - lighter and less expensive.
thx
Bill

nick fan
10-01-2008, 08:07 AM
Hey Tri3,
The NN5 is overkill for your listed equipment. Unless you need to use a battery grip or have plans on using much longer focal length lengths (approx 40mm+) the NN3 MKII will work without limitation. Also if only doing 4 shot single row pano's the NN180 would be even a better choice - lighter and less expensive.
thx
Bill

NN180 is not good for making spherical pano for 40D and 8mm fisheye. You need 4.5mm, 5.6mm fisheye or you need an L-bracket to mount the camera in portrait mode.

nick