Multi row panos and ghosting [Archive] - Nodal Ninja Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Multi row panos and ghosting

Grahamtwomey
08-21-2008, 07:46 AM
I have tried a few times to get 3 row panos and always seem to get major ghosting. I have no problem with one row. I am using the Tokina 11-16mm at 1mm most of the time. Any thoughts on how to get the 3 rows not to ghost?

Thanks,
Graham

Bill Bailey
08-21-2008, 08:26 AM
Hi Graham,
We need a bit more info:
Why 3 rows? Seems two rows would work fine even at 16mm (depending on camera).
What camera and software are you using?
And if you can share some sample images we can play with that would be great.
thx
Bill

Grahamtwomey
08-21-2008, 08:38 AM
I have been wondering why 3 rows too! Ok so new to this pano thing. I am using AutoPano Pro. I will see if I kept any of the 3 row pans. Thank you for the fast reply!

Grahamtwomey
08-21-2008, 09:19 AM
Ok I just did 2 360 rows of my studio 30 degrees up 30 down 12 images per row and it worked great! For get that confusing 3rd row! Thanks!

John Houghton
08-21-2008, 11:05 AM
There's no reason why 3 rows should cause ghosting. It depends on what exactly is meant by "ghosting". Images should accurately align if taken carefully with a camera mounted on a spherical panorama head. Misalignments can be caused by movement in the scene or by parallax. Choice of blender can make a big difference to the stitch - it's worth trying the different options.

John

Grahamtwomey
08-22-2008, 09:46 AM
Actually I Dont think I have had a ghosting problem in the past now. I just finished a piece and in the preview I had ghosting but in the final render it was good! So maybe a preview glitch in APP.