Tips for shooting spherical pano with opposing mirrors? [Archive] - Nodal Ninja Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Tips for shooting spherical pano with opposing mirrors?

greeneggs
06-01-2008, 10:56 PM
I was thinking of making a panorama in a barbershop with a lot of character and mirrors on two opposite walls that give an infinity effect. Any ideas on how I could take the images and process them to hide the camera+tripod? I guess by sliding the tripod around or by taking some shots handheld with a string-pod I can get rid of everything but the camera. Then what? Has anyone tried something like this successfully?

pgielen
06-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Any ideas on how I could take the images and process them to hide the camera+tripod?

I guess you could try to take two or more pictures with the tripod + camera n different positions (unfortunately this will introduce more parralax). Then stitch using the smartblend option in Autopano Pro. Smartblend sort of 'erases' all objects in a panorama that have moved between images.

This is en explanation from http://www.autopano.net/wiki/action/view/Render_Settings:
'Smartblend: this blender combines a Multiband blender and picture analysis engine in order to identify objects common to the source images (a moving object, a strong line,Ķ). From the results of this analysis, Smartblend tries to keep the features common between images (edges, lines, curves,Ķ) and automatically discard objects that have moved. Even though much slower than the other algorithms, this blender gives a much higher rendering quality.'

Ped
06-07-2008, 11:43 AM
Just a thought:

Take a few shots of the mirrored area from slightly different angles and layer those into one to remove the camera and tripod and do the rest of the pano as normal, just substitute the pano shots with the layered images. (if that makes any semblance of sense, the theory works in my head, but then it is a garbled head)

Ped