Thinking of buying a NN3 [Archive] - Nodal Ninja Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying a NN3

KZN
05-28-2008, 02:01 AM
Howsit everyone

I am planning on buying 2 NN3 for my company. I have heard alot of good reviews and people have recommended it to me.
Before i buy it i just need to know if you can take pictures in landscape because when ever i see a camera mounted on the NN3 it is always in portrait view.
I am using a Raynox DCR-5000 Wide angle lens. I cant shoot in portrait because you can only stitch 6 photos in Panoweaver and im trying to get a 360 pano in six shots.
Please help
Thanks

nick fan
05-28-2008, 04:36 AM
are you aiming at cylindrical panos instead of a spherical one? yes, NN3 supports single row pano in lanscape mode. what camera are you using?

nick

Terrywoodenpic
05-29-2008, 05:22 AM
Howsit everyone

I am planning on buying 2 NN3 for my company. I have heard alot of good reviews and people have recommended it to me.
Before i buy it i just need to know if you can take pictures in landscape because when ever i see a camera mounted on the NN3 it is always in portrait view.
I am using a Raynox DCR-5000 Wide angle lens. I cant shoot in portrait because you can only stitch 6 photos in Panoweaver and im trying to get a 360 pano in six shots.
Please help
Thanks

If panoweaver is so restrictive why do you use it? There are many software options these days.

KZN
05-29-2008, 06:13 AM
Nick, yes i am aiming at cylindrical panos. Im using a panasonic DMC FZ8, its not an SLR camera.

But I have found that i can just use the T30 Adaptor.

nick fan
05-29-2008, 09:14 AM
Nick, yes i am aiming at cylindrical panos. Im using a panasonic DMC FZ8, its not an SLR camera.

But I have found that i can just use the T30 Adaptor.

yes, you need the T-30. remember to ask for a free swap for the camera mounting plate if you buy the package.

nick

Wide-Eyed
05-29-2008, 09:24 PM

Take a look at page 19 of the owner's manual. To find the owner' manual, click on the graphic at the top of this page and you'll end up on the NN main page.

:wink: