Europe local reseller [Archive] - Nodal Ninja Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Europe local reseller

pau.cc
04-30-2008, 12:38 PM
Hi! I've seen in the order page that there is a local reseller for spain. Some time ago (months) there wasn't the local reseller but you still could buy a nodal ninja from spain.
My surprise is that the price of the NN3 on the store of the local reseller is two times the price of the NN of your web. I can't understand why they want to keep so much money for each item sold.

NN3 230$
VAT 16% 36$
Shipping 30$
-------------------------
TOTAL 296$ ===> 190 どィ

And they sell it for 290どィ + 10どィ shipping!!!!!!!!

Is there still the possibility to buy it directly fro your web?
Thanks a lot!
Pau

Bill Bailey
04-30-2008, 02:46 PM
Hi Pau,
The prices in Europe are actually very close the same as you would pay from the website and also competitive between other European resellers. If you ordered from the website (which you may) you could still pay from 10-30% VAT plus additional customs fees. Brazil is the highest we know of - 103%!. Each country is different.
Also we have seen packages get delayed in customs up to 4 weeks or longer. Resellers in Europe already absorb these prices and delays with little profit margin left.
We always encourage folks to buy direct from your local reseller. In Spain that would be: http://www.casanovafoto.com/

Bill

pau.cc
04-30-2008, 03:53 PM
Hi Bill, thanks for your answer, but I don't agree with you about the margin.
I have ordered on the US before and I paid a maximum of 21 percent of tax and custom clearance for electronic devices, if we calculate that percentage is like that:

NN3 230$
VAT 21% 48$
Shipping 30$
-------------------------
TOTAL 308$ ===> 198 どィ

And they sell it for 290どィ + 10どィ shipping

With the actual dollar - euro situation it's a shame sell items with a margin of a thirth. But it's the market rule, if someone buy it, then it's the fair price.

Anyway, I have to thank you for make great and economic panoramic hardware and for your efforts doing it better.
Pau

europanorama
05-09-2008, 05:53 PM
during the time you have invested in worrying and calculating the price-difference you could easily have sold some panoramas. for pros it does not matter. good to have mechanical device. i will take out my yashica fx-3... equipped with 18mm zeiss. no more worrying about expensive and limited quality FF-dslr. plustek 7500 could be the right affordable scanner.

bigwade
05-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Hi pau.cc,
order in France
http://www.galerie-photo.net/index.html?lang=fr&target=d158.html
They have normal prices

pau.cc
05-12-2008, 01:56 AM
Hi pau.cc,
order in France
http://www.galerie-photo.net/index.html?lang=fr&target=d158.html
They have normal prices

Thanks for the info bigwade!
Is good to know fair stores near!

Mauro Contrafatto
05-12-2008, 05:38 AM
Hi Pau.cc,

as the official reseller in Italy for Nodal Ninja products, I have the occasion to clarify how the prices are formed.

The exact customs fees for importing camera accessories into the EU are 3.2%. This is different for other equipment (for digital cameras it is 0%; for camera lenses 7.6% for example, if I remember well)

Also, VAT has to be calculated over the sum of item price, customs fees and shipping from originating country. VAT is different for every EU country (20% for Italy).
The exchange rate between Euro and Dollars for fees and VAT calculations is not updated in real time, but it is fixed for each month.

Final price includes not only the above components, but also exposure in terms of exchange rate and, last, other taxes.

At the moment, on my site (http://italy.nodalninja.com) NN3 mkII is offered at 215.00 Euro (VAT included)

Cheers,
Mauro

bigwade
05-12-2008, 08:42 AM
And that's a fair price too.
The french prices are ex VAT
Have Fun.

pau.cc
05-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Mauro, thanks for your explanation. I understand all you say.
Cheers!

Pau

Panodapter
05-17-2008, 07:51 AM
Hallo,

im a reseller of photoproducts in germany. I want resell the nn. I wrote three times a email, but i get no answer :sad:
Please tell me, how can i import the nn to germany. Pleas contact me!

Thank you!

Many greatings
Jens

Bill Bailey
05-17-2008, 09:03 AM
Hallo,
im a reseller of photoproducts in germany. I want resell the nn. I wrote three times a email, but i get no answer :sad:
Thank you!
Many greatings
Jens

Jens,
With all due respect we did reply each time but the emails keep getting returned. Contact me direct - bill[at]nodalninja[dot]com. We are always quick to answer emails (usually within hours). If you do not hear back you need to try using an alternate email address. You can also send a PM to me here.
Thank you for your understanding.
Bill

Mauro Contrafatto
05-17-2008, 11:44 AM

Hi Jens,

I just would like to add a follow up to Bill's reply: I also left a message for you from the contact page of your site, since it appeared that email messages couldn't reach your mailbox somehow.
Please check your email spam folder: you may find all of them!

Regards,
Mauro