PDA

View Full Version : Auckland NZ - ANZAC Day 2008

Ewie_nz
04-25-2008, 06:44 PM
April 25th is ANZAC day in Australia & New Zealand to commemorate the Gallipoli Landings in 1915.

Being a public holiday, we gathered the family together for a day of activities including a tour around the old North Head fortified gun emplacement here in Auckland.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2019/2442142230_eca6581962_b.jpg

I created this panoramic mosaic with the NN3 Mk1, Sony A100 and KM50mm F1.7. 18 shots (2 rows of 9) stitched in Photoshop CS3.

Cheers, Ewie

Bill Bailey
04-28-2008, 09:29 AM
Nice work - looks like CS3 does a good job stitching mosaics with longer focal lengths like this and banding isn't too obvious.
Bill

Ewie_nz
04-28-2008, 11:18 PM
Thanks Bill, yes I have noticed banding with this particular lens at small apertures :biggrin: I've tried Autopano and other programs but so far have never managed to get rid of it completely.

More experimentation required with the lens me thinks!!

Cheers, Ewie

John Houghton
04-29-2008, 12:45 AM
To eliminate the banding, you need to pre-process the images to correct the darkening at the edges. You might be able to do this with the vignetting correction in the the Adobe RAW converter or Filter-&gt:biggrin:istort->Lens correction. Otherwise, you could make a mask to selectively brighten the edges in Photoshop, possibly based on a photo taken of a blank white sheet of paper. Best to do such adjustments in 16bit mode to avoid posterization banding. The PTGui Pro stitcher has a vignetting correction option, so you could try downloading the trial version of that.

John