PDA

View Full Version : NODAL NINJA GIVEAWAY - OVER $10,000 IN PRIZES

Bill Bailey
04-14-2008, 08:02 AM
3 YEARS - 30 PRIZES - $10,000+ in Value............
We pumped up the giveaway from $3,000 to over [size=14pt]$10,000!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE FOLLOWING WINNERS!!

TWO NN5L complete packages with free upgrade to NN5
Value = $449.95 + Free Standard Shipping
1) Sam Rohn
2) taugwalder

THREE NN3 MKII complete packages
Value = $229.95 + Free Standard Shipping
1) raulpfoto
2) Wide-Eyed
3) Shanti

FIVE EZ-Levelers with cases
Value = $89.95 + Free Standard Shipping
1) ThomasKrueger.eu
2) phoosh
3) photosbykev
4) Macro
5) Terrywoodenpic

TWENTY $50 gift certificates towards the purchase of Fanotec products.
Value = $50 + Free Standard Shipping on one order.
1) NucleusG4
2) ThomasLG
3) markel65
4) Ped
5) rjacobs
6) Arkku
7) psJIM
8.) pkornuta
9) reyn
10) eurosyl
11) Pepsi
12) Krzysztof
13) spyboy
14) jimshank
15) skydiver
16) Hexfyre
17) deancp1
1:001_cool: Ed Fruin
19) 1991Syclone
20) anjinsan

Every winner above will receive a gift certificate equal to the website retail price of that prize and will also be offered free standard shipping on one order. If you already have a similar item you may opt use this certificate towards other purchases in the store.

>>>>>>>>>>>>BONUS TIME!!!<<<<<<<<<<<<
For everyone else:
Even if you didn't win any of the above prizes EVERYONE ELSE who participated in our contest (see terms below) wins a $25 gift certificate. You have 30 days (until August 15th 200:001_cool: to claim your prize and until years end to use it. Simply write to bill[at]nodalninja[dot]com with your member name to claim your personal gift certificate.

[i]This brings our total giveaway to more than $10,000!!!

I want to thank everyone that participated in the giveaway and rest assured we will have many more "mini" contests to follow.

Cheers
Bill

This is our third year selling Nodal Ninja and we wanted to celebrate by launching this forum and giving away 30 prizes worth over $3,000. in total value.

To enter just join our forum and make at least one post related to Nodal Ninja or the Fanotec product line (testimonials welcome) and you will automatically be entered to win 1 of 30 great prizes.
We hope this giveaway will spark interest and usage in our forum. Our forum will act as added support for NN users and also give us a platform to announce up and coming products as well.

Here is what we are giving away:
TWO NN5L complete package with free upgrade to NN5
TWENTY $50 gift vouchers towards the purchase of Fanotec products.

Deadline for registration Fri. Midnight USA MST (-7GMT) July 11th 2008 (Fri.).
Winners will be announced July 14th (Mon.).

We will compile all the members names and throw them into a hat (literally) then randomly draw out names. The first two member names pulled out will win a NN5L package, the next three draws win a NN3 MKII and so on until 30 names have been pulled.

Terms:
* You must join the forum AND make at least one post related to Nodal Ninja or the Fanotec product line (testimonials welcome).
* Keep in good standing with the forum.
* Must "respond" within 30 days of the drawing or your prize will forfeited. We will try contacting you from the email address provided at time of registration. If your email changes please do not forget to update your profile. We will also post the winner here (listing only the forum member name).
* All prizes include free standard shipping.
* Employees and resellers of Fanotec as well as their family members are not eligible.
* Registered forum members are also signed up to receive our newsletter which you may opt out after the first one.
* Warranties of prizes are transferable up to 30 days of receipt of prize. If your prize is sold or transferred to another person within 30 days you or that person must register the product with us to activate the warranty.
* No cash equivalent on hardware prizes are being offered.
* Gift Certificates must be used within one year (July 14th 2009) and may be transferable.
* Prizes may be shipped from the reseller in your region.
* Recipient and or prize winner is obligated to pay any GST, VAT and/or local taxes and customs fees. We will make every attempt to have this lessened by shipping from a local reseller.
* If a prize is shipped by local reseller that reseller will be compensated with replacement as well as cost of shipping to winner.
* Only one prize per person. Any person found to have multiple registrations and or user names will be ineligible to win. So no cheating please - we're watching....
* Because some guidelines may change from now until the deadline it is the members responsibility to check this page for any updates before accepting the prize.

Good luck to everyone and thank you for joining our forum.

Bill Bailey
Director Global Sales and Marketing
www.NodalNinja.com

rudagray
04-23-2008, 02:37 PM
Congrats on the site. :biggrin:

From one of the first users back in the days before there was Fanotec or Nodal Ninja...remember Digital Initiatives :wink:

David Gray

Bill Bailey
04-23-2008, 04:52 PM
Hi David - always glad to welcome veteran customers :001_smile:
thanks
Bill

kburnett
04-27-2008, 12:16 PM
Bill
I am looking to purchase NN5 shortly and using on top of Pikes Peak in Colorado after riding the Cog Train Up. I appriciate the Forum and your give away program.
Kelly Burnett

dodgens
04-27-2008, 09:03 PM
I hope I win!!
I don't have one yet, but I'm a saving!

RickN
04-28-2008, 10:10 AM
Bought one of the early Nodal Ninja's for my Dimage7 and still using on my Nikon today.

1_special_k
04-29-2008, 08:26 PM
hello, i bought the original and sold that to a friend to upgraded to the NN3. i love this unit, it is inexpensive (compared to most others on the market), well built and easy to use. i mainly create multi-row flat pan images and the NN3 has helped to speed up the stitching process with better alignment of the individual shots. thanks for coming out with such a great product. gregory :001_smile:

deancp1
05-01-2008, 12:00 AM
Hi, I just learned about your tripod head when I viewed a post on "daily dose of imagery" blog. He credits Nodal Ninja for his very cool pano pics. I've tried using my old tripod with a standard head and have always been frustrated.
I look forward to learning more about your product.

Also, cool idea for the giveaway, here's hoping! :biggrin:

Dean.

IgoNodaLBoiNG
05-01-2008, 10:39 PM
looks such a great product the nodal ninja just bought the noodle ninja 3 cant wait for the posty bought it after i bought the manfrotto 303 plus which to say the least is the most mongrel of a bit of kit ive ever had the pleasure to lug around as a matter of fact it stays home but i must say it works good but this little rippa the nn3 looks as though it would be a pleasure to lug around
congrats on what looks a rippa bit of kit and you bueaty for the competion

Rob Perrin
05-05-2008, 07:31 AM
I have one of the first NN5's...what a great product. Very impressed when I received it...craftmanship and materials are outstanding. Used it for a client the next week, generating a QTVR of the pano created of the inside of his restaurant. Very easy to use. I played with it the day prior, then shot the restaurant the next day. Images stitched wonderfully and everyone loved the pano & QTVR. It paid for itself on the first use. Thank you for a great product! :ohmy:

Wide-Eyed
05-05-2008, 10:13 AM
I'm a NOOB.

I'm using a DIY unit I built from an old flash bracket. I use it on a decent Manfrotto tripod a friend gave me. Hope to win something so I can start shooting parallax-free in the portrait position rather than just landscape mode.

Many questions will follow . . . .

:wink:

Prunus
05-06-2008, 06:49 AM
I recently became interested in doing panoramic photography.
I asked 3 people for advice and all of them told me to get a Nodal Ninja!

thank you for making my decision making easy. :001_smile:

Bill Bailey
05-06-2008, 07:58 AM
I recently became interested in doing panoramic photography.
I asked 3 people for advice and all of them told me to get a Nodal Ninja!
thank you for making my decision making easy. :001_smile:

Hello Prunus,
Our sales rely heavily on word of mouth so always good to hear others helping to spread the word :001_smile:
I know you'll be very statisfied with Nodal Ninja - we are here for you should you need any assist or support.
Many thanks
Bill

reyn
05-06-2008, 12:47 PM
I received my NN3 in Nov 07, I would love to give a glowing testimonial but I have not assembled it yet. As a mechanical engineer it was love at first sight, the carefully crafted black bits showing off the glow from the superbly rounded shiny bits, all with their accurate little etchings. I have not had the heart to remove the contents from the perfectly moulded and gleaming case. It is just too magnificent to use. So I am afraid there can be no testimonial from me and that makes me sad.
Frank

Bill Bailey
05-06-2008, 12:57 PM
I received my NN3 in Nov 07, I would love to give a glowing testimonial but I have not assembled it yet. As a mechanical engineer it was love at first sight, the carefully crafted black bits showing off the glow from the superbly rounded shiny bits, all with their accurate little etchings. I have not had the heart to remove the contents from the perfectly moulded and gleaming case. It is just too magnificent to use. So I am afraid there can be no testimonial from me and that makes me sad.
Frank

Gee Frank, we've never seen anyone treat our product as if it were a Picaso.
You would be surprised at how robust these units really are - go ahead - pick it up and assemble it - ahhh - that's better isn't it?
Now go out into the big world and shoot some panos for all to see :biggrin:
Cheers
Bill

reyn
05-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Hello Bill,
Thank you for your extremely speedy reply, next time I come across some panos in my travels I definitely will take your advice and shoot them.
Frank

Ped
05-07-2008, 08:15 AM
I am saving my pennies for one of the new rotators for my well used NN3 (I like what I have been reading about those) I don't find much problem with the old rotator, but I have been known to miss a shot or two, which I had always put down to people talking to me in mid shoot. Maybe I will get a "Do Not Disturb" sign too :biggrin:

One question: Where is the Newsletter subscription?

One suggestion: A link to the main Nodal Ninja web site on the menu bar above would be good?

Ped

Macro
05-07-2008, 08:55 AM
One suggestion: A link to the main Nodal Ninja web site on the menu bar above would be good?

I'll second that suggestion!

David

rstone
05-07-2008, 11:05 AM
Hello, I received my NN3II about a month ago and love it's quality and functionality. Mauro was very fast and helpfull when answering my newbie questions. I use it with 5D and Sigma 8mm 3.5.. See some of results at http://www.stonesdigital.com/360panos.html

Bill Bailey
05-07-2008, 01:40 PM
One question: Where is the Newsletter subscription?
Ped

Coming very soon - all our customers will receive this automatically and of course you will have the option to opt out but doubt many will :001_smile:

Ped

Bang - done! All this code stuff is a bit challenging for me but I did manage to make the tweak - something I have been wanting to do for some time - I owe thanks to Crosby for the tip.

Duke3D
05-09-2008, 04:38 PM
Congrats on 3 years - Looking forward to receiving my first NN3 next week!

Bill Bailey
05-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Congrats on 3 years - Looking forward to receiving my first NN3 next week!

Hi Duke,
Let us know what you think of your Nodal Ninja after you get and have a chance to play with it.
Many Thanks
Bill

IgoNodaLBoiNG
05-11-2008, 02:17 PM
ive had a chance to play with mine its wikudd though its only a small one its a rippa =]

phoosh
05-12-2008, 06:01 PM
NN, et al.,

As I become involved in architectural and real estate photography, I have developed both a desire and need to evaluate the software and hardware for this purpose. My research indicates that the Nodal Ninja is the best value in terms of quality and cost that I have found. I will be seriously be considering this piece of this equipment for my work.

Congratulations on your anniversary!

Phoosh

Bill Bailey
05-13-2008, 05:00 PM
NN, et al.,

As I become involved in architectural and real estate photography, I have developed both a desire and need to evaluate the software and hardware for this purpose. My research indicates that the Nodal Ninja is the best value in terms of quality and cost that I have found. I will be seriously be considering this piece of this equipment for my work.
Congratulations on your anniversary!
Phoosh

Appreciate that Phoosh - should you decide to go with our product you find our support team second to none.
Thanks Bill

raulpfoto
05-16-2008, 04:48 AM
Hi people:

Id like to win one of those NN5 package...
Itll improve my semi-profesional work saving my time. Nice idea those prizes, because I still saving to buy NN5...

Enjoy your pano-photo to every one.

www.vilanovadefesta.com

Bill Bailey
05-16-2008, 09:26 AM
Hi people:
Id like to win one of those NN5 package...
Itll improve my semi-profesional work saving my time. Nice idea those prizes, because I still saving to buy NN5...
Enjoy your pano-photo to every one.
www.vilanovadefesta.com

Hi Raulpfoto - welcome to the forum - we hope you continue to check in from time to time and I wish you luck in the draw :wink:

Bill

ThomasLG
05-16-2008, 11:35 PM
I shot my first panorama in May of 2002, hand-held with a 2MP point-and-shoot Kodak. My, how times have changed!

I now have a 10 MP DSLR and an 8 MP EVF camera, and I typically shoot landscape panoramas in the 100-degree range (I'm not a 360 junkie).

Here's a shot from last fall (stitched from four images): http://people.vanderbilt.edu/~Larry.Thomas/Tremont_F07/pages/PICT6961-PICT6964.htm I like the house in the valley (barely visible in the clearing lower-right)

My ballhead is great for quick composition, but having a true pano head would be wonderful! I'm on a student budget, so it's a luxury I have had to dream about, but winning a NN would greatly facilitate my pano shooting.

KyuuSai
05-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Hello all,

After a month of handheld and a year of 'standard tripod head' pano's I came across the word 'parallax' :ohmy: ...Saving for a Nodal Ninja now :biggrin:
*Maybe I could even shoot foregrounds now...whoo*

Chears!

photosbykev
05-21-2008, 06:05 AM
I'm very new to panoramic photography although I've been taking photographs for well over 30 years. After reading up on the various panoramic heads I eventually went for the NN 3 MkII thinking "it would do as a starter". I was wrong, it will last me a life time lol.

The design concept and engineering that has gone into the bracket is just outstanding. I tend to shoot single row panoramas using wide angle but recently I wanted to use a 50mm len for some very high resolution panoramas and found that there wasn't a suitable indent ring (the largest being n24) BUT if I fitted the second indent pin supplied as a spare with the n15 ring it gives me 30 steps and overlaps nicely with the 50mm lens. I'm not sure if this is the right way to use the 'spare' pin but it works extremely well showing just how versatile the head is.

Bill Bailey
05-21-2008, 07:01 AM
Hi photosbykev,
Appreciate the feedback. Nodal Ninja will certainly last you for many years.
When shooting at longer focal lengths or when you desire less than 15 degree increments simply use the 0 degree side of the 15/0 ring (included as default ring in all NN3 MKII's). In this manner you can reference the 5 degree demarcations on the lower rotator. Can you send a photo of the mod you are speaking?
Thanks Bill

nick fan
05-21-2008, 07:29 AM
I'm very new to panoramic photography although I've been taking photographs for well over 30 years. After reading up on the various panoramic heads I eventually went for the NN 3 MkII thinking "it would do as a starter". I was wrong, it will last me a life time lol.

The design concept and engineering that has gone into the bracket is just outstanding. I tend to shoot single row panoramas using wide angle but recently I wanted to use a 50mm len for some very high resolution panoramas and found that there wasn't a suitable indent ring (the largest being n24) BUT if I fitted the second indent pin supplied as a spare with the n15 ring it gives me 30 steps and overlaps nicely with the 50mm lens. I'm not sure if this is the right way to use the 'spare' pin but it works extremely well showing just how versatile the head is.

Hi Kev,

Thanks a lot for your support and appreciation. You got the early NN3II with dual detent plungers. They were intended to increase the precision of the detent system. It turned out that they actually reduced the precision. They interfere with each other. Dual detent plungers require much higher precision of manufacturing and were abandoned. Nevertheless, you can use NN3II in any creative ways. :-) Your NN3II is one of the few "limited edition" units. ;-)
IMPORTANT:
Please refer to this instruction in adjusting the plunger
http://nodalninja.com/NN3_MKII_Detent_Plunger_Adjustment.pdf

nick

photosbykev
05-21-2008, 08:35 AM
The NN3 MkII, as supplied, was only fitted with one of the indent plungers but there was a second one in the small 'spares' bag containing the washers, allen key etc The ring that is threaded to accept the indent plungers was drilled and tapped to accept two of them.

By fitting the 2nd indent plunger and using an indent ring with an odd number of indents you double the number of steps / rotation indicated on the indent ring so the n15 becomes an n30. This is because the indent plungers are alternately working on indents on the opposite side of the disk diagonal as you rotate the head i.e. one plunger is high and one plunger is low (engaged) on each step. Obviously this doesn't work with an even number of indents as both plungers will try to engage in indents on opposite sides of the ring and fight each other.

morphicx
05-21-2008, 01:33 PM
Cool, i just bought my Nodal Ninja 5L today :001_smile:
VERY happy with it so far (that will not change i think :wink:)

I allways used the NN3 but this new version kept screaming for me :wink:
Feels very solid (using a Canon 5D with 24-70 2.8 L which was a bit to heavy for NN3 is my experience) and the first test-results look spot on!!

I'm a happy camper again!

photosbykev
05-21-2008, 04:39 PM
Hi photosbykev,
Appreciate the feedback. Nodal Ninja will certainly last you for many years.
When shooting at longer focal lengths or when you desire less than 15 degree increments simply use the 0 degree side of the 15/0 ring (included as default ring in all NN3 MKII's). In this manner you can reference the 5 degree demarcations on the lower rotator. Can you send a photo of the mod you are speaking?
Thanks Bill
Thank you for the response Bill, I think I've described the effect of using two indent plungers to nick in response to his query ? If this doesn't cover it let me know and I'll post a snap of it. I was considering using the blank side of the 15/0 ring but I thought of using the two plungers on the n15 ring whilst discussing modifying the blank face of the 15/0 ring to put 30 indents on to it with one of our machinists :001_smile:

NucleusG4
05-21-2008, 05:35 PM
I have been a photographer for many years and want to give panos/sphericals/ and little planets a go around. Been doing quite a bit of research and this NN5 seems to be the best bang for the buck!
Unfortunately, they aren't ready yet, so I just cruise by here everyday.... hoping.

In the meantime.. I'm tossing my hat in the ring for a prize.

Thanks all.

Edit: I see morphicx says he bought one today... where may I ask??
The website tells me out of stock.

Bill Bailey
05-21-2008, 07:37 PM
I have been a photographer for many years and want to give panos/sphericals/ and little planets a go around. Been doing quite a bit of research and this NN5 seems to be the best bang for the buck!
Unfortunately, they aren't ready yet, so I just cruise by here everyday.... hoping.
Thanks all.

Those placing orders for NN5L's now are scheduled to ship in a couple of weeks. I do have a NN5L demo unit with hardly any signs of wear. If interested touch bases with me [bill[at]nodalninja[dot]com.
Bill

Bill_Papke
05-22-2008, 12:03 AM
Hello Ninja Team

Just recieved my NN3 MKII in the mail today and tried it in my back yard. It worked just fine. Did a panorama in PSElement 6.0 and after a few tweaks got the image I wanted. I am impressed by the quality of the device.
I have a Nikon D300 with a lens from my D70. I will need to find the N points for it at different focal length settings. I have read the manual and understand the parallax adjust routine, but has anyone already done this for the standard AF 18-70mm Nikkor lens?

Thanks
Bill Papke

morphicx
05-22-2008, 03:10 AM

Thanks all.

I bought mine at a reseller in the Netherlands :001_smile:
Canceld my order for a Manfrotto 303 Plus, wich cost the same as a NN5 over here...
NN5 has much more options than the 303Plus!

Bill Bailey
05-22-2008, 07:41 AM
NN5L has added benefits over 303SPH - the most prominent being precision, weight and size.
http://nodalninja.com/comparions_RO_650.jpg
(photo courtesy Rosauro Ona)

Mauro Contrafatto
05-22-2008, 08:23 AM

Thanks all.

Hey there!
NN5L is in stock now at several resellers shop in Europe.
Just contact me if you need more information!

Mauro

NucleusG4
05-22-2008, 08:50 AM
Hey there!
NN5L is in stock now at several resellers shop in Europe.
Just contact me if you need more information!

Mauro

Yeah... but how much is that shipping going to add to my cost?
It may just be more prudent to wait for the NN5... although I'm about to burst with the anticipation of going off to do this.

ThomasKrueger.eu
05-23-2008, 01:18 AM
Good to see a fine product growing over the years.

I started with one of the very first NN3's (no zenit pictures). Today I'm using a 360precision Adjuste for client assignments and the wooden BoBracket with a Canon 5D and the Nikon 10.5 Fisheye on a monopod for fast spherical panos.

But there is alway a small place in the camera bag or in the "rucksack" for the NN3! :001_tongue:

Mauro Contrafatto
05-23-2008, 02:22 AM
Yeah... but how much is that shipping going to add to my cost?
It may just be more prudent to wait for the NN5... although I'm about to burst with the anticipation of going off to do this.

Well, I thought you were from Europe: was I wrong?

NN5 will be out sometimes in July: you may order the NN5L complete package now and then upgrade the upper rotator to NN5 for only the price difference.

starzen
05-23-2008, 04:03 AM
Good to see the new NN5. I have an older version of the NN but it obviously has limited use with 1 series bodies. Still use it sometimes but would love one that works well with my 1 series bodies

Mike

Pepsi
05-23-2008, 04:41 AM
Hello,
Greetings from Germany. Since January 2007 I am a very
satisfied user of the NN3 with Nikon D200 + Nikon AF DX 10,5 mm.
Congratulation, the new developments look great!
My interest for the future is to do the panos with my D2Xs.
So I will need a new Nodal Ninja :001_smile:
Cheers,
Pepsi

skydiver
05-25-2008, 07:28 PM
Hello,

i'ld love to see a NN5 on my 1D MIIn :001_cool:.

Keep up the good work!

Rgds,
Dieter

christian
05-26-2008, 05:13 AM
Hello,
I use NN5 L with the following configuration :
- Canon EOS 40D
- Canon lens 17/4 f/4 L
- Canon lens 70/200 f/4 L
- stitching software ptgui pro
and it is really perfect.

Thank you for your realisation.

markel65
05-26-2008, 09:26 PM
Hi! I'm new to real estate photography and have been reading great reviews on the nodal ninja. I am considering purchasing one in the future (unless I am lucky enough to win one!).

-MK

Kuczora
05-28-2008, 02:33 PM
I'm useing a Nodal Ninja 3, fantastic product!!!
Light, small, compact & easily transportable

dh003i
05-28-2008, 08:10 PM
Wow, this is really cool...I like my chances in this free lottery a lot better than any other one. I bet the number of entrants will be less than 1,000 before July 11th.

Of the panorama solutions I've seen, the NN looks like the best one in a reasonable price-range.

heavily
05-29-2008, 02:27 PM
Hi!

I found out about Nodal Ninja by reviewing some excellent panoramas on flickr, and I am hooked! after multiple recommendations I ordered the NN3 MKII without hesitation. thank you!

greeneggs
06-01-2008, 11:59 PM
I made this photo without a Nodal Ninja. It took a ton of work, since I had to adjust the tripod position between every shot, and adjust the tripod height between rows of shots. Next time I'll definitely use an NN. :001_smile:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1295/566461525_b1e590a4f7.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/breic/566461525/)

Macro
06-02-2008, 02:14 AM
I made this photo without a Nodal Ninja. It took a ton of work, since I had to adjust the tripod position between every shot, and adjust the tripod height between rows of shots. Next time I'll definitely use an NN. :001_smile:

Neat effect greeneggs, I like it. What did you use to stitch it together?

David

byvnani
06-02-2008, 02:02 PM
Sweet giveaway! I found out about NN through topleftpixel. That guy made some hella tight pans with a fisheye lens.
I'm kinda new to the D-SLR field; I got one for my graduation gift! :biggrin:

Bill Bailey
06-02-2008, 05:08 PM
very creative!

Bill Bailey
06-02-2008, 05:10 PM
Sweet giveaway! I found out about NN through topleftpixel. That guy made some hella tight pans with a fisheye lens.
I'm kinda new to the D-SLR field; I got one for my graduation gift! :biggrin:

Nice gift! Keep your fingers crossed - you might win a Nodal Ninja :001_smile:
Bill

avpman
06-03-2008, 06:01 PM
I bought an NN3 last year for my first trip to the National Parks of the Southwest (Zion, Bryce, Moab, etc). I'm not sure what I was impressed with most. The sights I saw or the ease of use and beautiful design of my NN3. Oh, and I brought back some awesome photographs, compliments of my NN3!

Macro
06-03-2008, 07:41 PM
I bought an NN3 last year for my first trip to the National Parks of the Southwest (Zion, Bryce, Moab, etc). I'm not sure what I was impressed with most. The sights I saw or the ease of use and beautiful design of my NN3. Oh, and I brought back some awesome photographs, compliments of my NN3!

Welcome to the forums MK.
Do you have a link to your panos taken in the parks?
Some awesome scenery in those areas.

David

eurosyl
06-04-2008, 12:01 AM
I have been doing panorama shots without any special device and finally I thought it would be nice to have a panorama head I could mount on my tripod. So I started my search on the internet and after overcoming my initial shock on pricing.. I quickly ended up on your site. The NN3 looks EXACTLY like what I was looking for and at a decent price! (that is if I do not make use of the local reseller *sigh* ... but I may pick it up at another location soon :biggrin:)

sbprzd
06-05-2008, 07:57 AM
Hello here from a very happy customer - first a NN2 SPH and then a NN3 (mk I) - and soon a NN5 that I am going to order without waiting for the result of this giveaway. When my NN2 was stolen with all my camera gear, it was one of the first things I ordered back (and Bill was incredibly nice).

Here are some of my favourite images (http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=nodal+ninja&w=51035756831%40N01&s=int) with a NN.

Bill Bailey
06-05-2008, 08:12 AM
Gee - thanks for that :001_smile:

panola
06-05-2008, 03:12 PM
Hi,

Im new in the field of panoramic photography.
I have seen a lot of websites about panorama heads but couldnt find the right one for me.

The problem which I have is that I bought a heavy old 1Ds, because I wanted a fullframe-camera.
Now I have found Nodal Ninja products / website and the Nodal Ninja 5 head :biggrin: . This head should be perfect for my needs.

It would be great if I could win one, because I spent a lot of money for my other camera equipment and just relocated from Europe to the US, what cost me a lot of money too. But if not - I will save for it - for sure!

Thanks to the Nodal Ninja Team for this chance!!!

Best Regards,

Panola

PS: sorry for my English, but I hope it will be better every day in my "new" country.

rebecca
06-05-2008, 10:19 PM
Received my NN3 last week and have been so happy with it, especially after a minor irregularity with the first version I received (which was promptly replaced by Rosauro - thanks once again for the excellent customer service!! Was so relieved I didn't have to rent the 303 again.).
Anyway, am looking forward to stitching everything all together, and to future experiments.

brooks
06-06-2008, 08:41 AM
bleached, ancient landscape
great canyon, like a bellow
breathes: nodal ninja

Frate
06-06-2008, 08:45 AM
Oh. Haiku.

Nice :biggrin:

rodomiro
06-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Hello everyone. Since I know little or nothing of panoramic photography I was just browsing the net when i found your site. From what I've seen the NN3 MKII would be great in helping me discover more about the subject, even with a point and shoot camera (as I've seen in http://moonshine.homedns.org:2655/pano/tech/point-and-shoot-camera-360-pano/).
Cheers.

Takezo
06-08-2008, 10:01 AM
I'm planning to start panoramic photography with NN5 and my Nikon D300, 10.5mm fisheye lens.

Your products is really nice and this site is useful for me.

I have some problem for select your product, especially new accessories.
Would you please provide a guidance for systematic chart of NN5 and accessories.

BTW, Your product name 'NODAL NINJA' is really nice name for Japanese.
'Ninja' is famous Japanese word.

Thank you
Takezo

Ridge Runner
06-08-2008, 11:55 AM
I've purchased the Nodal Ninja last year and have used it quite a bit. I mounted a quick release clamp on it so I can attach my camera quickly, and I also put a quick-release plate on the bottom for quick attachment to my tripod. Works great and makes for very quick setup. Here is a link to one of the panoramas I have made with the Nodal Ninja. It was taken at 1 a.m. on January 21, 2008. Full moon illumination, 13 individual 30 second exposures, 11 degrees F.
http://theridgerunner.com/edspics/WaynesSnowPano1a.jpg

As cold as it was, I would have had a very difficult time making this pano with the easy to use Nodal Ninja!
Thanks for a great product and I think I am now entered in the giveaway!
Ed Kelley

Bill Bailey
06-09-2008, 07:54 AM
I'm planning to start panoramic photography with NN5 and my Nikon D300, 10.5mm fisheye lens.
Your products is really nice and this site is useful for me.
I have some problem for select your product, especially new accessories.
Would you please provide a guidance for systematic chart of NN5 and accessories.
BTW, Your product name 'NODAL NINJA' is really nice name for Japanese.
'Ninja' is famous Japanese word.
Thank you
Takezo

Hi Takezo, Not really sure what you need. We have the manual for NN5L here that will help explain how this pano head works:
http://www.nodalninja.com/NN5_USER_MANUAL.pdf
If you have any specific questions please let us know.
Thank you
Bill

pkornuta
06-09-2008, 02:05 PM
I found this site through nikonians. I just got my D300, now I need to a Nodal Ninja. It looks like the Nodal Ninja 3 will do all I need and then some. A free one would be better, but I usually never win these contest. I guess you can't win if you don't try. When comparing what is out there, it seems like it is the best bang for the buck. :001_cool:

Paul

xcalibre
06-14-2008, 08:27 PM
Very new at panoramic photography... but looking forward to the learning.
I'm going to keep reading the forums looking for information... but if you could include me in the draw, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

jtj
06-14-2008, 08:30 PM
ed thats a nice shot... I dont do cold very well at all (my beer at 34 degress is about as cold as I care to deal with!!) my hats off to you on staying out there for the shoot!

gigmaster
06-18-2008, 01:53 AM
Hi everyone from Spain!
Proud user of NN3, can't wait to try MKII and NN5. My 303SPH is getting jealous!
Regards!

diver_george
06-23-2008, 05:37 AM
I just spent two days working with friend who has been shooting VR professionally for years. It appears as if Nodal Ninja is the WAY TO GO!
Just waiting for the IRS check to arrive and stimulate us out of this depression.
Ninja is a great solution to real problem for anyone serious about VR.

surftwisted
06-24-2008, 04:44 AM
:biggrin: great, i love this, havent won a thing for years, this my year ! MMWWWWAAHHAHAHA

Takezo
06-24-2008, 11:17 PM
Hi Bill

I'v received My NN5L today

I'm very happy to start with NN5L + Nikon D300 +Nikkor 105mm Fishieye lens
I'm looking forward to getting nece prize this progpam. :001_smile:

Thks Takezo

[moderator removed private tracking information]

DonJuane
06-25-2008, 02:30 PM
I have been shooting panos now for 12 years. I just recently starting working on full 360 panos and find I have a need for a tripod adapter that shoots upward in the same recessed focal plane as it does in the forward direction. I found that Nodal Ninja has this feature and is highly acclaimed, so today I landed upon this site when I went looking for a new tripod adapter to help me get all my shots in proper perspective. After landing here via a Google search, I can't bypass the chance for joining this contest!

Bill Bailey
06-25-2008, 04:17 PM
Good luck on the contest Don.
Stop in from time to time.
Bill

Bill Bailey
06-27-2008, 07:19 AM
Hi Bill I'v received My NN5L today
I'm very happy to start with NN5L + Nikon D300 +Nikkor 105mm Fishieye lens
I'm looking forward to getting nece prize this progpam. :001_smile:
Thks Takezo
[moderator removed private tracking information]

Hi Takezo, We are very happy to hear of your satisfaction. We are a small company that relies heavily on word of mouth referrals so we hope you might share your experiences with us and tell a friend about our products.
Cheers
Bill

wiggoney
06-28-2008, 07:03 AM
Am seriously considering getting into panoramic photography and it looks like the Nodal Ninja is the way to go. As a newbie, there is one burning question, which may not be appropriate in this thread, whose answer is elusive: how do you hide the tripod in a spherical?

John Houghton
06-28-2008, 07:44 AM
how do you hide the tripod in a spherical?

This is not the place to go into detail, but essentially you take shots downwards with the camera on the tripod and then you take an extra one without the tripod in place e.g with a handheld camera. You patch over the tripod using the extra shot. There are various techniques: see the PanoTools wiki at http://wiki.panotools.org/Tutorials#Retouching

John

pskh
06-28-2008, 11:51 AM
Congrats on 3 years!

Bought a NN3 when living i Japan a year ago. It went with me wherever I walked (and I did quite a bit of walking!). I lived in Kyoto, and did a LOT of pano's. Love my NN, and it is with me whenever I bring my KM D7 and Sigma 15mm EXDG Fisheye.
You can see some of the Pano's I took there: <http://www.bokuwasakkadesu.net/Virtual_Japan/VR_Japan/vrjapan_index.html> Site in Norwegian, but the VR's need no languages.
Enjoy!

Per Steinar

haroldro
06-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Thank you very much for a great product and an informative forum. I attended Jook Leung's first-ever 360 Degree Panoramic Workshop at the Maine Media Workshops in Rockport, Maine in April. We all tried out various pano brackets and most ended up using the Nodal Ninja. It works (extremely well). Thanks for your incredible "support", Bill.

Harold--Montreal W.

Macro
06-29-2008, 07:09 AM
You can see some of the Pano's I took there: <http://www.bokuwasakkadesu.net/Virtual_Japan/VR_Japan/vrjapan_index.html> Site in Norwegian, but the VR's need no languages.
Enjoy!

Per Steinar

Welcome to the forums Per!

Nice work on the Kyoto panos. I enjoyed the shrines.

David

jimshank
06-29-2008, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the Forum pages. Just getting started in panoramas and have been having trouble with parallax, so am looking seriously at NN products.

Thanks for the giveaway chance.

--Jim

Bill Bailey
06-30-2008, 09:48 AM
Hi Jim,
The purpose of a panoramic tripod head is to allow a camera/lens to be mounted in such a manner that it will rotate about the axis of the no parallax point of a lens. Once setup Nodal Ninja is actually very easy to use. And while we feel we are best value for dollar on the market today (we like to toot our own horns) it's encouraged to compare with other vendors. When doing so always ask others about support and service.
Cheers
Bill

Bill Bailey
06-30-2008, 10:09 AM
Thank you very much for a great product and an informative forum. I attended Jook Leung's first-ever 360 Degree Panoramic Workshop at the Maine Media Workshops in Rockport, Maine in April. We all tried out various pano brackets and most ended up using the Nodal Ninja. It works (extremely well). Thanks for your incredible "support", Bill.
Harold--Montreal W.

Is was our pleasure to assist. We hope you stop in from time to time here in the forums to see what's new.
Cheers
Bill

tmacmaster
06-30-2008, 08:12 PM
What a big and great :ohmy: surprise to see a giveaway of the product I want!!!, I hope to win this marvelous device.
I come here again and again to appreciate the beautiful products you make. Honestly, I build one pano head by myself and it works well but it lacks many, many features. I want something lighter, stronger, easy to assemble, transport and use like the Nodal Ninja Pano Head. Im saving to get one soon. I think your prices/product are the best on the market.

Thanks,

Tomas

rico_e1
07-01-2008, 03:21 AM
Congratulations for your anniversary! I greet you for the idea to make your present and future visitors happy by organizing such a lottery. On July 2007 it will be one year since I have had NN3. I admit that my first impressions were a bit skeptical, but this could be expected from a person who earns his living by being a geodesist. However, everything changed after I did my first panoramic view from the roof of the 12-storey hotel I worked on last year. Although I couldnt find out what the NN3 settings for the Olympus E1 combination with the Zuiko 14-54 mm were, the parallax I got was quite acceptable for my knowledge and skills then. The combination between NN3 and the appropriate software convinced me that this panoramic head was just for me especially after I had the opportunity to try the new MKII rotator thanks to your new dealer in Bulgaria. Probably my next purchase will be exactly MKII. I am quite pleased with it and with the last NN3 version on the whole. The new accessory products you have been developing recently also make excellent impression to me.

halflife
07-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Hello Mr. Bailey,
Congratulations for your work in all this years! Thousands(or more) of people from around the globe consider the NN the best panohead ever! Keep up!
Also great idea organizing this lottery :biggrin: I hope to win :wink:

All the best!

Bill Bailey
07-01-2008, 12:08 PM
Hi - actually we "wish" it were thousands - maybe by 2012 :biggrin:
Nick deserves credit for designing such a great products.
Good luck
Bill

Gandalf
07-01-2008, 01:39 PM
Hi Bill !

What a great idea, this giveaway !
I bought one NN5 last year and I'm more than happy with it. ( I replaced that heavy and not so usefull 303 from M... )
If I win another NN, I will offer it to my brother who always try to steal mine :biggrin:

Guillaume

tfotehdotcom
07-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Just ordered the NN5, Thanks Bill for your very knowledgable explanations! Looking forward to receiving to tomorrow.

slow21969
07-02-2008, 06:15 AM
Nice to see you set up your forum. I got here from the flickr group.

I can't wait to order my NN. I've been wanting one for a while now and am finally making the leap. I'll be taking on a photo safari through Denali National Park in Alaska. Good luck to everyone !

Steve

anjinsan
07-02-2008, 02:25 PM
I have been interested in leaping into panoramic photography, but have never made the jump into the correct tripod head before. This could be my opportunity!

Stealth-T4
07-02-2008, 03:16 PM
Hi Nodal Ninja, Well I purchased my Ninja 3 back in September of 2007...I really enjoy the operation of it...Very simple yet very percise...I just wanted to say how impressed I was with your website and the entire purchase of my Nodal Ninja 3...I look forward to your give away...Thank you again

Stealth-T4

jeremyschulz
07-02-2008, 06:41 PM
I've been looking for pano heads to recommend to the school I teach for (Ai of Schaumburg, IL). We've got many Nikon D70/80's and a few D2X/D3's, so I look forward to picking up a Nodal Ninja 5 for myself and (hopefully...) recommending that they get several Ninja 3 MKII's.

Steaphany
07-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Thank you for creating these forums, I'm hoping it will be a great resource and way to bring the pano community together.

I've been looking to upgrade my photography equipment with pano being a large factor in guiding my choices.

Wide-Eyed
07-04-2008, 10:36 PM
My NN3 II was shipped quickly from Rosauro and I couldn't believe the quality when I unpacked it ! (Even my wife was impressed at the 'microscope precision' look of everything)

I sat in my car in front of the post office and just stared at the looks of this BEAUTY. The concept and implementation are superb.

The black case is very nice and functional too. (I don't usually appreciate when a product comes with a case to make it look 'special&#039:wink:

:biggrin: BRAVO !!

nick fan
07-05-2008, 03:26 AM
The black case is very nice and functional too. (I don't usually appreciate when a product comes with a case to make it look 'special&#039:wink:

The case is very important. It protects the Ninja. More importantly, it protects your more expensive gear in the same bag.

nick

Bill Bailey
07-05-2008, 09:47 AM
My NN3 II was shipped quickly from Rosauro and I couldn't believe the quality when I unpacked it ! (Even my wife was impressed at the 'microscope precision' look of everything)
I sat in my car in front of the post office and just stared at the looks of this BEAUTY. The concept and implementation are superb.
:biggrin: BRAVO !!

We certainly appreciate the praise. It's taken a lot of hard work and Nick has done an outstanding job to bring the product to the level it is today.
Thanks

Bill Bailey
07-05-2008, 09:51 AM
Thank you for creating these forums, I'm hoping it will be a great resource and way to bring the pano community together.
I've been looking to upgrade my photography equipment with pano being a large factor in guiding my choices.

Welcome to the forum Steaphany.
Adding a panoramic tripod head to your camera bag certainly adds a great deal more versatility to your photography.
We hope you'll stop in from time to time to learn more.

Bill Bailey
07-05-2008, 10:20 AM
Gee with approx 300 members and 30 prizes being handed out the odds of winning something is about 1 in 10 or 10%.
Pretty good odds!
But wait there's more!!!
I might have a little something for the 90% that doesn't win :001_smile:
Cheers
Bill

surftwisted
07-05-2008, 05:32 PM
:biggrin:what what ! the suspense ! SPILL THEM BEANS !! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

anjinsan
07-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Bill, I just want to mention that as I read through the forum, the list of happy customers, etc, I am tremendously impressed by the amount of care you put towards customer service. Aside from a great product, that in my opinion makes success inevitable. I appreciate having come across a site showcasing someone's hard work and dedication. Cheers, and keep up the great work!

Dave
07-06-2008, 01:20 AM
Just like everyone else, I hope I win!!!!!

johnchoy
07-06-2008, 09:25 AM
I already have the NN5L so my prize wish list is either the EZ-Levelers or $50 gift vouchers :wink:

brittain
07-06-2008, 03:15 PM
this is a great way to generate interest in the forum. who wouldnt want to win a NN?

Arkku
07-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Hi,

Like so many others I'm posting this to have a chance at winning the free Nodal Ninja. Really hoping to win, since I've been eyeing the product line on the net for months and especially the new Nodal Ninja 5 looks to be a real time- and trouble-saver for panorama photography. So far the only thing keeping me from getting one right away is my limited budget. =)

Cheers,
-K

livsalvador
07-06-2008, 05:46 PM
I am about to move to New York City, and would love to bring a Nodal Ninja with me! I don't know a whole lot about panoramic photography, but this seems like a good way to learn. Thanks for the opportunity!

photoso
07-06-2008, 05:52 PM
I shoot with film but this should still be fun to use!

Triumphant
07-06-2008, 06:09 PM
:biggrin:

Hi, Bill! A few months ago, I asked you about availability of the NN3 Mk II up here in Canada, in time for me to go on my South African vacation. It was not available in time, and my friend had a complete (and expensive) Manfrotto kit.

Well, I did a bit of hand-held stuff and used his kit just once. Very complex. My hand-held stuff convinced me I wanted to do more.

So, I just today ordered via the Canadian reseller and look forward to getting my NN3 this week, just in time for my birthday.

One of my best hand-held panos can be seen in the Table Mountain set, at www.flickr.com/photos/triumphant - down at the bottom of the set, I think. Very long and narrow, visibility was 114 KM that day.

I hope to do better.

If you draw this, do please send the NN5 (sure!) before August 1 if you can ...

I hope to enjoy the NN3 with my D80.

Thanks for such a good and affordable unit.

hyalinejim
07-07-2008, 10:32 AM
just heard of this giveaway at the last minute.

I already have a very basic pano head but would love something of Nodal Ninja's quality, especially since I've recently ordered a decent pair of tripod legs.

It would be so good to have a great head to go with it! [crosses fingers for luck]

psj
07-07-2008, 10:50 AM
Hi Bill,

Are we gonna 'see' the name of the winner literally pulled out of the hat in full spherical pano so there will be no doubt about randomness?

I get VERY telepathic with what I want.

[color=purple][sub]give me NN5L give me NN5L give me NN5L give me NN5L give me NN5L

jaker
07-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Hi,

heard the nodal ninja was a great product and hope to win one of these great prizes -- thanks for coming up with the giveaway!

spyboy
07-07-2008, 08:33 PM
The EZ-leveler is awesome! I used to mess with my tripod constantly to level it up, now I just make sure the tripod is "level-ish" and then use the ez leveller to adjust quickly. Can't beat it!

Kirk

I already have the NN5L so my prize wish list is either the EZ-Levelers or $50 gift vouchers :wink:

Hexfyre
07-08-2008, 06:16 AM
I am trying to get into the world of Pano photography. I was recently told of the Nodal Ninja and stopped by to see what it was all about. What an awesome surprise to see there is a contest. What a very nice idea. I know I have the worst luck in the world so a pre-gratz to the winners of this contest.

From everything I have seen, it is a very well made product. I hope to be "one of the family" soon!

TheJuice
07-08-2008, 08:59 AM
Hello,
Here is my participation :

I bought my Nodal Ninja about three years ago. I have the first model, which have always been working great up to this day. I now own a 40D and it still does the job !
I am not a pro, but I like to be able to make the best possible panoramic photos, and in order to do that I really needed a device such as the nodal ninja...
Inexpensive compared to others, and very easy to use.
It is invaluable and I couldn't have made my panoramas without it.

The new models are more expensive but as I've read, they offer a great deal of improvements. So that'd be great if I could win one of these top of the art goodies :-D

Keep up the good work,
Phil.

Bill Bailey
07-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Hi Phil,
You realize that even of you do not win we are offering trade-ins on older units to help defray the cost of a newer one.
See: http://nodalninja.com/trade_in.html
Good luck
Bill

whiz
07-09-2008, 07:13 AM
I'm a bit miffed really. I've been researching Pano heads for a while and decided on the Nodal Ninja. Just out of curiosity, I tossed "nodal" into ebay and found a new NN3 not far away in Australia.
It sold for nearly new price!
And I got up at 5 in the morning to bid on it. There were three people throwing bids in in the last two seconds or less.
Oh well. Guess I'll get a brand new one at some point. The competition is a good way of tossing fate into the bargain.

Bill Bailey
07-09-2008, 07:17 AM
Hi Whiz,
It is not uncommon to see used NN's going for more than the price of a new one. Nothing we can do about that. Items sold on eBay from other than an authorized reseller are not covered under warranty. This proves that purchasing a Nodal Ninja is a good investment.
Bill

Krzysztof
07-10-2008, 04:07 PM
Hi,
I have not NN, I use some plastic head. Hope I win and will be Fanatic :001_smile: of Nodal Ninja.
--
Regards,
Krzysztof

tayapocock
07-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Hi,
that is great that you are having a Give-Away! Since my camera is so heavy, I would love to win the NN5. What an awesome piece of equipment. I will be forever greatful, if I should win such an awesome prize!

Thanks,
tp

Bill Bailey
07-11-2008, 11:00 PM
CONTEST CLOSES IN 3 HOURS - BEST OF LUCK TO ALL!!!

Bill Bailey
07-14-2008, 07:32 AM
3 YEARS - 30 PRIZES - $10,000+ in Value............
We pumped up the giveaway from $3,000 to over [size=14pt]$10,000!!

1) Sam Rohn
2) taugwalder

1) raulpfoto
2) Wide-Eyed
3) Shanti

Value = $89.95 + Free Standard Shipping
1) ThomasKrueger.eu
2) phoosh
3) photosbykev
4) Macro
5) Terrywoodenpic

1) NucleusG4
2) ThomasLG
3) markel65
4) Ped
5) rjacobs
6) Arkku
7) psJIM
8.) pkornuta
9) reyn
10) eurosyl
11) Pepsi
12) Krzysztof
13) spyboy
14) jimshank
15) skydiver
16) Hexfyre
17) deancp1
1:001_cool: Ed Fruin
19) 1991Syclone
20) anjinsan

Every winner above will receive a gift certificate equal to the website retail price of that prize and will also be offered free standard shipping on one order. If you already have a similar item you may opt use this certificate towards other purchases in the store.

>>>>>>>>>>>>BONUS TIME!!!<<<<<<<<<<<<
For everyone else:
Even if you didn't win any of the above prizes EVERYONE ELSE who participated in our contest (see terms below) wins a $25 gift certificate. You have 30 days (until August 15th 200:001_cool: to claim your prize and until years end to use it. Simply write to bill[at]nodalninja[dot]com with your member name to claim your personal gift certificate.

[i]This brings our total giveaway to more than $10,000!!!

I want to thank everyone that participated in the giveaway and rest assured we will have many more "mini" contests to follow.

Cheers
Bill

This is our third year selling Nodal Ninja and we wanted to celebrate by launching this forum and giving away 30 prizes worth over $3,000. in total value.

To enter just join our forum and make at least one post related to Nodal Ninja or the Fanotec product line (testimonials welcome) and you will automatically be entered to win 1 of 30 great prizes.
We hope this giveaway will spark interest and usage in our forum. Our forum will act as added support for NN users and also give us a platform to announce up and coming products as well.

Here is what we are giving away:
TWO NN5L complete package with free upgrade to NN5
TWENTY $50 gift vouchers towards the purchase of Fanotec products.

Deadline for registration Fri. Midnight USA MST (-7GMT) July 11th 2008 (Fri.).
Winners will be announced July 14th (Mon.).

We will compile all the members names and throw them into a hat (literally) then randomly draw out names. The first two member names pulled out will win a NN5L package, the next three draws win a NN3 MKII and so on until 30 names have been pulled.

Terms:
* You must join the forum AND make at least one post related to Nodal Ninja or the Fanotec product line (testimonials welcome).
* Keep in good standing with the forum.
* Must "respond" within 30 days of the drawing or your prize will forfeited. We will try contacting you from the email address provided at time of registration. If your email changes please do not forget to update your profile. We will also post the winner here (listing only the forum member name).
* All prizes include free standard shipping.
* Employees and resellers of Fanotec as well as their family members are not eligible.
* Registered forum members are also signed up to receive our newsletter which you may opt out after the first one.
* Warranties of prizes are transferable up to 30 days of receipt of prize. If your prize is sold or transferred to another person within 30 days you or that person must register the product with us to activate the warranty.
* No cash equivalent on hardware prizes are being offered.
* Gift Certificates must be used within one year (July 14th 2009) and may be transferable.
* Prizes may be shipped from the reseller in your region.
* Recipient and or prize winner is obligated to pay any GST, VAT and/or local taxes and customs fees. We will make every attempt to have this lessened by shipping from a local reseller.
* If a prize is shipped by local reseller that reseller will be compensated with replacement as well as cost of shipping to winner.
* Only one prize per person. Any person found to have multiple registrations and or user names will be ineligible to win. So no cheating please - we're watching....
* Because some guidelines may change from now until the deadline it is the members responsibility to check this page for any updates before accepting the prize.

Good luck to everyone and thank you for joining our forum.

Bill Bailey
Director Global Sales and Marketing
www.NodalNinja.com

mskp
07-14-2008, 10:40 AM
Hi!
Congratulations to all the winners. Some known names from here and other forums are there. Thanks Bill for your generous gift certificate to the rest of us. Just the other day my brother in law ordered in my name the rotator upgrade, the rail stops and a spare detent ring. I hope I will get them soon. In a near future I will use this certificate, as soon as the next generation of rotators will be offered.
Thanks again and congratulations, Martin

Bill Bailey
07-14-2008, 10:50 AM
Hi!
Congratulations to all the winners. Some known names from here and other forums are there. Thanks Bill for your generous gift certificate to the rest of us. Just the other day my brother in law ordered in my name the rotator upgrade, the rail stops and a spare detent ring. I hope I will get them soon. In a near future I will use this certificate, as soon as the next generation of rotators will be offered.
Thanks again and congratulations, Martin

Appreciate that Martin, I'm glad we could help out with the $25 certificates to those that didn't win a bigger prize. Touch bases with me off site so you can claim your coupon (don't forget to send forum member name).
Thanks
Bill

Mauro Contrafatto
07-14-2008, 11:58 AM
If you are based in Europe, you may want to claim your gift certificate from the italian Nodal Ninja store. You would receive your order sooner and without any customs fees claimed on delivery, as they are already included in the final price.
Professionals users will be eligible for a no-VAT invoice simply providing a valid VAT id code.

$25 and $50 certificates will be converted in a flat discount of 16,75 and 33,50 Euro respectively. $50 winners will also get free shipping.

Contact me through italy.nodalninja.com (http://italy.nodalninja.com) website, or just drop an email to cs@nodalninja.com

Please remember that every reseller around the world will honour the gift certificates won in the contest. Conversion in local currency may be different.

Cheers,
Mauro

Terrywoodenpic
07-14-2008, 02:15 PM
I really must Join in the thanks to Bill and Nick
:001_smile: :001_smile: :001_smile: :001_smile: :001_smile:

The competition was a wonderful idea to enlarge the NN community.
I was delighted to find my self on the list as I am sure will be every one else.

Now the Forum is established It would be good to think it will become a mainstream port of call for all those interested in the art of Panorama making.
I can think of no other organisation that has introduced and is working on such a wide and useful range of panoramic tools.

Three years is no time at all to have so thoroughly established a photographic brand.
It can be only a matter of time before they have items to offer for every ones specialist needs.

When Nick gets his thinking cap on he comes up with great solutions for us all.
And Bills Idea of customer service is almost ridiculous in its generosity of spirit.

Regards to all at NN

Terry

bigwade
07-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Congratulations to all the winners !!
Have Fun with the stuff ! :-))

btw Bill, you can use my $25 gift certificate for somebody who really needs it ! :-)

Bill Bailey
07-14-2008, 04:38 PM
I really must Join in the thanks to Bill and Nick
:001_smile: :001_smile: :001_smile: :001_smile: :001_smile:

The competition was a wonderful idea to enlarge the NN community.
I was delighted to find my self on the list as I am sure will be every one else.

Now the Forum is established It would be good to think it will become a mainstream port of call for all those interested in the art of Panorama making.
I can think of no other organisation that has introduced and is working on such a wide and useful range of panoramic tools.

Three years is no time at all to have so thoroughly established a photographic brand.
It can be only a matter of time before they have items to offer for every ones specialist needs.

And Bills Idea of customer service is almost ridiculous in its generosity of spirit.

Regards to all at NN
Terry

Very humbling Terry,
It is customers such as yourself that has given us 3 years of more than just selling a product. We have made many friends along the way and truly enjoy the people this unique market seems to draw. I will not deny that this was a huge expense, especially with the 17 Nodal Ninja's we are also providing the team in Google's Summer of Code.

It is important for us to not forget our customers. I'll even drop an occasional email to a customer from 2 or 3 years back and ask them how our product is holding up. These giveaways allow us to give back and show "our" appreciation to "you" the customer.

thanks again from all of us.
the Nodal Ninja team

ps - we will have many more giveaways down the road (maybe not as big) and those stopping in regularly will have a greater advantage of winning.

Bill Bailey
07-14-2008, 04:46 PM
Congratulations to all the winners !!
Have Fun with the stuff ! :-))
btw Bill, you can use my $25 gift certificate for somebody who really needs it ! :-)

Hey Big Wade,
Your are welcome to give your $25 to anyone else on or off site. They are totally transferable. Just touch bases with me off site for your code. If you do not to use it then it will simply expire. The only thing is one gift certificate per person so almost everyone here already has one. Maybe someone on Panoguide you know?
Thanks
Bill

nick fan
07-14-2008, 09:51 PM
Please don't be disappointed if you are not the winners(at least with $25 gift cert you are not a loser :wink: ) because we will have giveaway (though not as big scale) again SOON. :-) The secret prize is bigger than the current one!
Visitors please come back from time to time because we won't announce it in other forums.

nick

nick fan
07-14-2008, 10:26 PM

Hi Terry,

Thanks for the compliments. I must say Bill is a gift (Bill, sorry if it is not the right term) from god. My business was initially supported by my forum friends, So it is natural for me to serve them with joy and enthusiasm. Bill joined me about half a year later. He soon proved his talent and enthusiasm. He pushed my customer service to the next level. With his help in sales and customer supports, I could focus on product development and production. I am glad after learning without breaks for more than 4 years, I do learn something in pano head design. :biggrin: They are yet to be shown in future products.
I must say a lot of credits should go to my customers and experts in many forums. They give me feedback and suggestions. They tell me their need. Honestly, I didn't spend time in learning how to take photos and use various stitchers. I am still an idiot in pano making. Without their help, I simply do not know what to develop. So I am glad the collaboration between the community and Fanotec becomes fruitful to some extent.

Nick

bigwade
07-15-2008, 02:52 AM
Hey Big Wade,
Your are welcome to give your $25 to anyone else on or off site. They are totally transferable.
Thanks
Bill

If 9-10 others will do the same we can make some african (or other) panophotographer, who can't afford a NN at all, happy with a complete NN3 and see some fine results on the gallerie later..
Have Fun!

Wide-Eyed
07-15-2008, 10:51 PM

1) Sam Rohn
2) taugwalder

1) raulpfoto
2) Wide-Eyed
3) Shanti

Whooo Hoooo ! Shouting and dancing ! :001_tongue: :biggrin: :001_tongue: :biggrin:
Shouting and dancing !
Thanks for a great prize and a wonderful community as well ! !
Shouting and dancing !

Wide-Eyed

photosbykev
07-16-2008, 03:46 AM
I just noticed I won an EZ-Leveller :001_smile: I won't have any excuses now lol

Many thanks Bill and the team :001_smile:

Bill Bailey
07-16-2008, 07:09 AM
Congrats gentleman!!
After the confetti settles touch bases with me off site to claim your prize (if you haven't already - still going through overnight emails).
Bill

David Glazebrook
07-19-2008, 02:50 AM
I mailed Bill 2 days ago and havent heard anything as yet ... Do I need remail or just wait?

Macro
07-19-2008, 08:37 AM
:ohmy: Wow! :ohmy:

I just returned from two weeks in Japan and checked in here to find I won a prize!

And $25 gift certificates just for participating! Very generous!

Great products, great support... AND great prizes!

Thank you very much Bill, Nick, and to others of the Nodal Ninja team!

Congratulations to *all* the winners!

David

Bill Bailey
07-20-2008, 08:15 AM
I mailed Bill 2 days ago and havent heard anything as yet ... Do I need remail or just wait?

Hi David,
We are usually fairly quick to reply to emails. I don't see yours :sad:
Please resend bill[at]nodalninja[dot]com
Actually just took a look in my spam box - there it is! - why it ended up I'll never know.
replying now......
thx
Bill

Shanti
07-20-2008, 11:54 PM
1) raulpfoto
2) Wide-Eyed
3) Shanti

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW

never won anything in my life i am suppperrr excited now !!!

WOO HOOOO!!!!!! :biggrin:

Thanks!!!

Bill Bailey
07-21-2008, 07:52 AM
Congrats!! Touch bases with me through email to claim your prize: bill[at]nodalninja[dot]com.
thx
Bill

Ped
07-21-2008, 09:30 PM

4) Ped

I should look at all threads more often, missed this one, hope I haven't missed out on $50 :confused1:

Ped

Macro
07-21-2008, 10:32 PM
I should look at all threads more often, missed this one, hope I haven't missed out on $50 :confused1:

Ped

You're not too late.
Contact Bill with your forum user name and email.
bill[at]nodalninja[dot]com

Congratulations!

David

Bill Bailey
07-23-2008, 07:49 AM
thx for that David - Ped has been contacted

Ped
07-24-2008, 09:52 AM
thx for that David - Ped has been contacted

He sure has, and it isnt often I have so much fun spending money :biggrin:

Ped

kwf
07-28-2008, 09:45 AM
Hi Bill,

I am new to this thread as you can see by my join date and first post. It is very nice that Nodal Ninja did this Giveaway, as usual I am a bit late. I will be ordering one very soon, I am trying to make up my mind between the NN3 and NN5. The NN3 seems a little more portable, but I do not want to sacrifice sturdiness for portability. I will be using the D300 or D700 on it. I do not feel I would need to mount the D3 for Panoramas as I feel the D700 would do for interior and low light shots.

Bert

Shanti
07-28-2008, 03:19 PM
Just to say THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I received my prize and I have to say this is the most exciting gift I have EVER received the mkII is WONDERFUL!

THANKS BILL AND EVERYONE AT FANOTEC!!!! :biggrin:

Bill Bailey
07-28-2008, 04:01 PM
Just to say THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I received my prize and I have to say this is the most exciting gift I have EVER received the mkII is WONDERFUL!

THANKS BILL AND EVERYONE AT FANOTEC!!!! :biggrin:

Our pleasure - please continue to stop by from to time and share your panorama experiences.

Cheers
Bill

NucleusG4
07-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Wow! I just received your email newsletter and came to the forum to find I had won a $50.00 award! Thanks. I recently bought the NN5L and must say... the craftsmanship is top notch. Due to my workplace blowing up over the last 3 weeks I have not used it yet. :'( :blushing:

Is there anything I need to do to redeem the gift?

Thanks guys...

pau.cc
08-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Woow ..... those prices giveaway is great, but the 25$ for each member of the forum is unbelievable !!
Thanks!!

Pau

Sam Rohn
08-08-2008, 11:09 PM
Wow -

Just back from 2 weeks in indonesia, to a phone call from Bill Bailey telling me i had won a NN5 package !!!

It arrived today, its beautiful - very stable, light, solid, i was using a NN3 w/ my D300+10.5mm, this is a much better fit...

Bill, many thanks for that call

Nick, thanks for the great products

what can i say ?

thanks again ! :001_smile: :001_smile: :001_smile:

sam

Krzysztof
08-12-2008, 05:34 PM
At last I won something. Many thanks for my $50 gift certificate! Hope I will buy Nodal Ninja this year.

Regards,
Krzysztof

raulpfoto
09-01-2008, 02:48 AM
:ohmy: :ohmy: Incedible!!!! :ohmy: :ohmy:

I have just come from my summer holidays, thinking in how to retouch (and sell) hundred of pictures, read email and receive a fantastic NN3 price!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot to all NodalNinja team!!
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

As soon as I'll receive the package I'll send you my first "real" pano photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pepsi
01-17-2009, 02:35 AM
Hi,
I won: TWENTY $50 gift certificates towards the purchase of Fanotec products.
Value = $50 + Free Standard Shipping on one order..
Now I ordered and received the upgrade rotator for my NN3 MKI. Great!!!
Thank you very much !
Cheers,
Pepsi

rockymtns99
03-03-2009, 02:25 PM
I've been investigating pano heads for awhile and I am going to be buying a Nodal Ninja. I just can't decide on which one to buy... NN3 or NN5...hmm. Tough choice. It would be nice to win a prize towards this purchase but, this won't stop me from getting mine. I've been using a DIY head that results in parallax error. I'm looking forward to creating my panos with less editing.

Bill Bailey
03-04-2009, 07:26 AM
I've been investigating pano heads for awhile and I am going to be buying a Nodal Ninja. I just can't decide on which one to buy... NN3 or NN5...hmm. Tough choice. It would be nice to win a prize towards this purchase but, this won't stop me from getting mine. I've been using a DIY head that results in parallax error. I'm looking forward to creating my panos with less editing.

Hi rockymtns99,
Welcome to the forum. This contest was last year and is unfortunately over but we'll hold smaller giveaways from time to time ;-)
Let us know what equipment you are using and what type of panoramas you like to take and we can help you decide what head will work best for you.
thx
Bill

rockymtns99
03-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Thanks Bill.

I'm shooting with a Canon Xti with a Canon 17mm-40mm L lens. I have been looking at the NN3 with thoughts of trading up to a NN5 later. I am mostly shooting 360 panos on my Manfrotto tripod but I also want a new head to shoot hi-res landscapes to add to my fine art photography. I ultimately want to be able to create a spherical or cubeface pano and run that through krpano or Pano2VR for the commercial 360 work I do. Most of the work I have done up till now has been straight cylindrical panos. I'm not sure how many rows I will have to shoot with my setup to get the 360 x 180 coverage. Ultimately, I will be able to get a Sigma 8mm lens. I also figure I need a real pano head to get a better nadir shot, etc... Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!
Steve

Mod Post....
This should be posted in the proper forum Please start a new thread To continue.